AHC : europe as slavic as possible.

I have already made a thread about europe as germanic as possible. now for part two, we will discuss way to make europe as slavic as possible.

with pod aeound 6th century,make as many part of europe slavic speaking, or at least the native tongues heavily influenced from slavic languages.

Last edited:
I have already made a thread about europe as germanic as positive. now for part two, we will discuss way to make europe as slavic as possible.

with pod aeound 6th century,make as many part of europe slavic speaking, or at least the native tongues heavily influenced from slavic languages.
Have eastern germany remain slavic by having polabians unite the lechites.

I have already made a thread about europe as germanic as possible. now for part two, we will discuss way to make europe as slavic as possible.

Hmmm i guess you'd need Germany east of Elbe, Austria, Hungary, Romania and parts of Albania stay Slavic (they were Slavic in early middle ages), maybe with Slavs pushing in the more western part of Germany, maybe Arabs winning battle of Poitiers in 732 would be good entry, as it'd allow Slavs to push further west and influx of Frankish refugees could speed up the formation of Western Slavic political entities who could later on deal with Avars and with more time, they could repel (or partially absorb) Hungarian invasions.

Have the Romans conquer western Germania and Latinize those parts (at least up to the Rhine) conclusively. Then have the huns or some other steppe confederacy obliterate what remains of the Germanics, and the Slavs take their place, with the Rhine being the boundary between northern Romance languages and western Slavic languages from the 4th century onwards. An earlier formation of powerful Slavic states concentrated around OTL Germany may also allow this Slavic Millieu to absorb/repel the Magyars, leaving the Pannonian basin to be Slavic as well (Hungarian Slavic hybrid language, maybe?).

Have the Romans conquer western Germania and Latinize those parts (at least up to the Rhine) conclusively. Then have the huns or some other steppe confederacy obliterate what remains of the Germanics, and the Slavs take their place, with the Rhine being the boundary between northern Romance languages and western Slavic languages from the 4th century onwards. An earlier formation of powerful Slavic states concentrated around OTL Germany may also allow this Slavic Millieu to absorb/repel the Magyars, leaving the Pannonian basin to be Slavic as well (Hungarian Slavic hybrid language, maybe?).
Surviving WRE seems to be a solution.

Sweden and Denmark had lots of Slavic connections in the nobility during the 1100-1500 period, leaving a number of first names of Slavic origin as typical Danish and Swedish names. Perhaps some permanent settlements could make whole regions or even countries Slavic.

An earlier formation of powerful Slavic states concentrated around OTL Germany may also allow this Slavic Millieu to absorb/repel the Magyars, leaving the Pannonian basin to be Slavic as well (Hungarian Slavic hybrid language, maybe?).

Arguably, OTL Hungarian before reforms was packed with Slavic influences as English was with Romance, so any strenghtening of Slavic presence in Pannonia would leave this region to total slavicization, like OTL proto Bulgars got slavicized.
So you'd get something like Slovak with lots of Ugro-Finnish loanwords.
Also powerful Slavic state concentrated around OTL Germany could repel and destroy the Avars (who were there before Hungarians) like Charlemagne did IOTL all by itself.
However, the POD you gave isn't likely for Slavic Germany, IMHO Franks falling to muslim invasions and Sorbs, Bohemians and Obodrites pushing into Germany (the influx of Frankish exiles might also help them create stable states) is better POD for that effect.

There's basically no limit to how Slavic Europe could become. You could get a stronger Slavic presence in central Europe, or you could have adventurous Slavic elites conquer and rule almost every European state, akin to how the Anglo-Saxons took over Britain.

There's basically no limit to how Slavic Europe could become. You could get a stronger Slavic presence in central Europe, or you could have adventurous Slavic elites conquer and rule almost every European state, akin to how the Anglo-Saxons took over Britain.

I think there is a limit, Romance languages were too strong even for Germans to wipe out, however, there are many places which actually were Slavic in Early Middle Ages and them not losing it's slavicness would lead to more Slavic (and very interesting) Europe - Germany east of Elbe, Pannonia or Austria can serve as examples.

I think there is a limit, Romance languages were too strong even for Germans to wipe out, however, there are many places which actually were Slavic in Early Middle Ages and them not losing it's slavicness would lead to more Slavic (and very interesting) Europe - Germany east of Elbe, Pannonia or Austria can serve as examples.
Eh, the possibilities are limitless. As improbable as it is, there is a nonzero chance you could have Slavic polities rule sixes repeatedly and just steamroll neighboring polities until most of Europe is conquered.

Last edited:
The Slavic Immigration to the South could be propelled to Dacia and Eastern Germany causing Illyria/Balkans to remain Romance speaking and Eastern Germany and Dacia to be Slavic Speaking.

I think that could either be done by a Roman or Frankish Balkans.

The Slavic Immigration to the South could be propelled to Dacia and Eastern Germany causing Illyria/Balkans to remain Romance speaking and Eastern Germany and Dacia to be Slavic Speaking.

I think that could either be done by a Roman or Frankish Balkans.
Dacia was already largely Slavicized, it likely became Romance speaking afterwards and has nothing to do with whatever Latin speaking community existed during the less than 2 centuries Roman rule..

Dacia was already largely Slavicized, it likely became Romance speaking afterwards and has nothing to do with whatever Latin speaking community existed during the less than 2 centuries Roman rule..
Yes, but the population was sparse, if the Romance population of the Balkans recovered and Dacia remained Slavic due to a heavier Slavic migration it will be slavic even now and the Balkans would be Latin speaking.

Yes, but the population was sparse, if the Romance population of the Balkans recovered and Dacia remained Slavic due to a heavier Slavic migration it will be slavic even now and the Balkans would be Latin speaking.
I disagree, migration rates are irrelevant here, Dacia was majority Slavic and it could have remained merely through political changes, the idea that having more people migrate in 600 CE has ANY meaningful effect by 900-11000 CE is very bizzarre.

I disagree, migration rates are irrelevant here, Dacia was majority Slavic and it could have remained merely through political changes, the idea that having more people migrate in 600 CE has ANY meaningful effect by 900-11000 CE is very bizzarre.
An example of a political change for that is Illyria remaining Byzantine.

The black death is much deadlier and goes as far as the Vistula/Wisła, and with the collapse of most of Europe, Poles and other Slavs from the east head over to claim the new land.

Iberia and southern Italy likely become Arab and moorish settlements, but France and Germany still be Slavic.

Well I think they're semi-relevant, though not directly. If the Magyars got slavicized themselves due to more Slavs in the region (the lack of "blind spot" in Slavic settlement around Tisza river would also help), the upcoming Wallachians would probably also become slavicized themselves, as they did in more northern regions, for example southern parts of Ruthenia.