AHC: Create a 'UN' as United as EU by 2020

With a 1900 POD would it be possible to have a global political and economic union by the year 2020 that is at least as strong as the EU is IOTL?

[snide comment that would send this thread to chat-realm]

With that out of the way, maybe a less evil USSR applies for Marshal Aid (and instructs its satellites to do the same)?

[snide comment that would send this thread to chat-realm]

With that out of the way, maybe a less evil USSR applies for Marshal Aid (and instructs its satellites to do the same)?
The seeds of the cold war were planted before the Marshall aid was declined. I think maybe someone more liberal than FDR/Truman leading the US through WWII would be necessary. Maybe Norman Thomas or someone to the left of him.

The seeds of the cold war were planted before the Marshall aid was declined. I think maybe someone more liberal than FDR/Truman leading the US through WWII would be necessary. Maybe Norman Thomas or someone to the left of him.

Better yet , Stalin is overthrown in an anti-party coup leading to a democratic republic. You make it sound like FDR was the problem. Stalin wasn't liberal he was reactionary.

You'd need one that explicitly rejects non-democracies, and is based entirely on American Values.
It would almost be one that is totally under American domination, you'd almost certainly need a more hyperpowerish US. This would prob require a AANW-style scenario.

The Alternative scenario is the US goes into WWI and also goes communist somehow, then the US and USSR crush the Nazis in WW2. The UN is the World Communist Police.

Collapse of the Soviet Union a la Srebrenica, with civil war and US intervention. The Chinese Communist party is ousted during Tianamen Square, McCain wins in 2008 and invades Iran.

Without getting directly into current events, I will say that even as as an all-white majority, all-Christian, all-liberal club, the EU has had enough difficulty holidng itself together over the years, I can't imagine how the same model would work on a global scale, encompassing every race, creed, and political ideology there is. I think you would need a completely unrecognizable 20th Century, or even 19th.