AHC: Colonial subjects "take over" a colonial empire

What I'm asking for here is for one of the European colonial empires to be gradually "taken over" by the colonial subject populations. For example an Indian Empire that claims to be successor of the British Empire, with Indians gradually having taken control of it. The European metropole doesn't have to be part of this empire (for example "Indian Empire" including parts of Africa or Malaya inherited from the British would suffice, a West African empire descended from French empire) but earns bonus points. Basically I want a state/empire run by the former colonial subjects that claims to be and is perceived as the successor of the empire, kind of like the Byzantine Empire is to the Roman Empire.

Wasn't sure which board to put this in; PODs before or after 1900 are welcome.

Well, if War Plan Red was ever carried out, and turned out to be much more successful than expected, the US might eventually try to take on the rest of the British Empire, but other than that, which itself is highly unlikely, I don't see a "reverse colonization" scenario ever happening

Didn't Brazil try to take over some Portuguese colonies (I won't include the obvious 'Rio de Janeiro was capital of the Portuguese Empire, since that was still officially Portuguese to begin with, only lasted a couple years, and Brazil and Portugal split off over Lisbon's attempts to make Brazil subservient again)?

Also, Thande's 'Look to the West' has the Empire of North America - TTL's United States and English Canada - take over the British West Indies, British penal colonies around north Newfoundland and the Great Lakes, Rupert's Land, the Falklands, and British Antipodea (Australia).

One way or another the British is going to be the empire to watch. The two big possibilities would seem to be India and the US, with the post American Revolution "white commonwealth" being tied in closely enough that it looks more like a quasi federation being a distant third. There might also be some possibilities for French Algeria, but the population isn't really there, and I imagine that more as a white French diaspora that has the potential to create it's own mini empire if it goes in the direction of South Africa or that could if massively larger than OTL become hugely influential at home.

I would have no idea where to even begin something like this, but you could have a scenario where Britain goes communist and the royals and government flee to India or Australia and set up the empire in the east.

For some reason if most of the navy stays loyal it would even sti be a very powerful empire.

Maybe if you combine uprising of black and Spanish-speaking populations at the same time in your standard CSA-wank scenario?

In my TL this sort of happens, as India is industrialised over the course of the 19th century, hits the demographic shift much earlier than OTL, and Indian colonists spread over the Indian Ocean colonies and later to the Caribbean. By the time of the British Revolution, there is a large European and African population in both India and Britain which are probably the two most ethnically homogenous areas of the Salutariat. Essentially, by the time of the early 1980s in my TL, the British Salutariat is dominated by people we would think of as mixed race. There are some issues to ethnic nationalists of all stripes, and Britain has historically been portrayed as decadent and mongrels by her enemies, but she is probably the most resilient and robust of the former colonial empires-turned-federations.

The Qing Dynasty of China is another. Manchu tribesmen take over China and immediately adopt Chinese traditions to legitimize their rule. Then they bring Xinjiang, Taiwan, and Tibet into their fold.

The Qing Dynasty of China is another. Manchu tribesmen take over China and immediately adopt Chinese traditions to legitimize their rule. Then they bring Xinjiang, Taiwan, and Tibet into their fold.
Well, Qing China was Manchu-ruled until the very end.

The simplest way of doing this would be to have an Imperial Federation in the British Empire that grows to absorb India directly. Then, inevitably, India will elect more Imperial MPs than the rest of the federation due to its population

What I'm asking for here is for one of the European colonial empires to be gradually "taken over" by the colonial subject populations. For example an Indian Empire that claims to be successor of the British Empire, with Indians gradually having taken control of it. The European metropole doesn't have to be part of this empire (for example "Indian Empire" including parts of Africa or Malaya inherited from the British would suffice, a West African empire descended from French empire) but earns bonus points. Basically I want a state/empire run by the former colonial subjects that claims to be and is perceived as the successor of the empire, kind of like the Byzantine Empire is to the Roman Empire.

Wasn't sure which board to put this in; PODs before or after 1900 are welcome.

I rather think that a good many people in Travancore or Hyderabad (to name but a few of the Princely States) would have said, in the '50s, that was exactly what happened OTL.