AHC: At least one country in Scandinavia Catholic after the reformation

Well.... Queen Christina of Sweden went Catholic in 1654, though I can't see a POD of the rest of the country throwing in with her.

It took a rather long time for the Danes to convert the Norwegians and that was only accomplished when some Danish King whose name is alluding my required that all Norwegian priests be trained in Copenhagen

Also the Danes had a rather bloody Civil War in which the Lutheran backed Prince emerged victorious but this is possible that had the previous King had a legitmate heir that this Civil War would have been butterflied away however in the end I believe the Danes would have converted out of necessity

Also the Danes had a rather bloody Civil War in which the Lutheran backed Prince emerged victorious but this is possible that had the previous King had a legitmate heir that this Civil War would have been butterflied away however in the end I believe the Danes would have converted out of necessity

I think you mean Christian II, who was deposed and his uncle Frederick of Holstein became the new monarch.

oddly, Iceland? Kinda far, the Reformation may have arrived later, so oddly, i can see it as a refuge of... danish oppressed Catholics too. Or far islands such like Feroes?

Norway is the most likely, as they only became Protestant when the Danish King deprived them of their Catholic clergy and demanded that all priests would have to study in Denmark--this pretty much assured that Norway would accept the Reformation through force. A good POD in my opinion would be Christian I of Denmark giving the crown of Norway to his second son, Frederick (the same man who succeeded Christian II). I'm not sure how likely it is, but it'd give Norway it's own monarch. Frederick I was tolerant of the Reformation in Denmark, but never converted. So if he's given Norway in lieu of Holstein, we could see Norway stay Catholic. Because keeping Norway Catholic when it's part of Denmark-Norway just... is terribly unlikely, given how early modern politics (un roi une loi une foi -- one king, one law, one faith) operated.

Make me wonder what was best for Russia toward their non-germanic scandinavian neighboor.... Protestant or catholic Finland?

If Engelbrektsson has a bit more luck, Norway would stay Catholic. The country was very deeply Catholic outside parts of Bergen, and was converted bye force. Even then it survied, in som place nativly until the 1920`s.

Valdemar II

Banned
Norway would be the easiest to keep Catholic, find a way to make Christian II keep Norway after he's overthrown in Denmark and we would have a Catholic Norway, of course the problem is to keep the Danes or Swedes from conquering it.

Meerkat92

Banned
Or you could always cheat a little and have the Reformation not pick up steam very fast and get stamped out before it reaches Scandinavia at all. But that doesn't sound very exciting at all, does it?

As the title says.
Well it depends if you are meaning Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden, Norway) or the Nordic countries (The sbove + Iceland, Finland, Greenland and Faroe Islands).

If you mean the latter, Iceland would be a good choice, isolated and small in numbers as it is, but big in territory. It is less likely to be influenced by the Reformation due to geography, and might be able to maintain its' Catholic belief....og course Iceland was part of Denmark - Norway and didn't become independent until 1944...but still a valid option IMHO.