I was thinking about how the Philippines is the only Christian-majority nation in Asia. As well as how it contrasts to the number of Christian-majority nations in Africa today.

With that in mind, what would it take for another Asian country to get a majority Christian population?

i seem to remember reading that (South) Korea also has a pretty substantial Christian population (though the majority of Koreans are irreligious with Buddhism in third place), as @GorillaTheater mentioned, so it would probably be easy to extrapolate that, especially if it was part of a butterfly effect where Korea is united

I was thinking about how the Philippines is the only Christian-majority nation in Asia. As well as how it contrasts to the number of Christian-majority nations in Africa today.

With that in mind, what would it take for another Asian country to get a majority Christian population?
East Timor is too, I think.

South Korea wouldn't be a huge stretch.
i seem to remember reading that (South) Korea also has a pretty substantial Christian population (though the majority of Koreans are irreligious with Buddhism in third place), as @GorillaTheater mentioned, so it would probably be easy to extrapolate that, especially if it was part of a butterfly effect where Korea is united

South Korea is majority Christian. 45% Protestant, and like 20% Catholic. East Timor is like 70% Catholic.

I think Japan could have very easily converted to Christianity in an alternate timeline where the persecutions under the Tokugawa Shogunate never occurred. Maybe have the Christian daimyo be more influential (or even have more daimyo convert), making it a bad move politically for the Shogun to try and persecute Christianity and alienate his powerful vassals.

If Sarawak gains independence, never federates with Malaysia, avoids annexation by Indonesia, and receives the same level of missionary activity, it might fit the bill.

It's still currently plurality Christian even in a country with Islam as the state religion.

There’s also East Timor, and the easiest way to get another is if Netherlands New Guinea wasn’t given up by the Dutch, but instead integrated with the metropole and later when the the Indonesians left East Timor, the Dutch also left.

I think Japan could have very easily converted to Christianity in an alternate timeline where the persecutions under the Tokugawa Shogunate never occurred. Maybe have the Christian daimyo be more influential (or even have more daimyo convert), making it a bad move politically for the Shogun to try and persecute Christianity and alienate his powerful vassals.

"Very easily" might be an exaggeration, but I could see it happening along the lines of:

(1) The southern clans get converted to Christianity (at least the upper classes, if not the peasantry).
(2) The head of one of these clans manages to unite Japan.
(3) The situation plays out much like in the fourth-century Roman Empire, with the Shogun supporting Christian missions, giving Christian churches and clergy various legal privileges, and so on. Gradually the new religion spreads, until eventually the country is majority Christian.

Kazakhstan is already a quarter Orthodox Christian. If a less secular government was in charge of Russia during most of the 20th century, I could see it going majority Orthodox.

Hawaii, if it remains independent. Though that one isn't exactly Asia I suppose.

And of course, there's always the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.

If the Dutch kept control of Formosa/Taiwan, we might see that island go majority Christian.

Or -- although it's bending the OP a bit -- have Russia partitioned somehow along the line of the Urals. The eastern half would be majority Orthodox, and entirely in Asia.