AHC: All former presidents have name in some state

We would have more than 50 states? Where they would be the new states?

Last edited:
So, do you want me to write a timeline where everyone who's elected president somewhere (except possibly the current president) has my name in one country? I'm sure the trick to accomplishing this is to have a state with only one former president.

Saphroneth

Banned
We would have more than 50 states? Where they would be the new states?
There's only been 44 US presidents, and several of them have shared names. (George HW, George W; FDR and TR; John Adams and John Q. Adams, and Grover Cleveland Twice.)
I know that and I'm a brit...

SunDeep

Banned
I'm confused explain? :confused:

He's issuing an AHC to create a TL where every single state in the USA is named after a former US President. And every single former US President, through from George Washington to George W. Bush (Jr as well as Snr? Or can you have a single state for both, given that they have the same name?) has a state named after them.

Are you sure? Granted, that's a plausible interpretation of the title and the post, but I think we'd have to ask TPL99 to paraphrase it.

Do you mean that even these states which were founding states of USA re-name after former presidents. This seems pretty ASB. There might be more cities named after former presidents but not states. You might be bit more but all states? Not way that this could happen.

Solution:

George Washington is the first U.S. president. In honor of him, all future U.S. executive leaders take on a different official title. Thus, George Washington is also the only U.S. president.

Solution:

George Washington is the first U.S. president. In honor of him, all future U.S. executive leaders take on a different official title. Thus, George Washington is also the only U.S. president.

After Tito comes Tito?

Solution:

That is veering dangerously close to some Kim Il-Sung bull right there. :eek::p

He's issuing an AHC to create a TL where every single state in the USA is named after a former US President. And every single former US President, through from George Washington to George W. Bush (Jr as well as Snr? Or can you have a single state for both, given that they have the same name?) has a state named after them.

Hmmm I see, this would take a Bioshock Colombia level Founder Father's worship, because I imagine you'd need to have it be an idea from the start.

Solution:

Hail to the Chief, Barack H. Obama, Washington of the United States of America, successor to former Washington George W. Bush?

Well, if Washington is Caesar, maybe that would make Thomas Jefferson Augustus (with Adams being Mark Antony), so the full title would be "Washington Jefferson" like "Caesar Augustus".

I'm pretty sure that Seleucus means that Washington was the first president, and then the next president took on a title other than president. So, we'd have President Washington, and then maybe Magistrate Adams, Magistrate Jefferson, etc.

However, I'm not pretty sure I know what TPL99 means.

I would think the fact we name aircraft carriers or nuclear submarines after them good enough. However, I wish they would name a carrier the USS Chester Arthur or USS Millard Fillmore.

I would think the fact we name aircraft carriers or nuclear submarines after them good enough. However, I wish they would name a carrier the USS Chester Arthur or USS Millard Fillmore.

Arthur at least has a county in Nebraska named after him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_County,_Nebraska In San Francisco, Fillmore Street and therefore the Fillmore District are named after Millard Fillmore.

Apparently no president between Hayes and TR has a military vessel named after him, though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._military_vessels_named_after_Presidents In the case of Arthur, this may be unjust, since the rebuilding of the Navy did start under him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_A._Arthur#Naval_reform