AHC: A Silesian Piast winning 1668/1674 Polish Royal election

Pretty much the question - what can be done to make it work? Other than killing all competing candidates by dropping ASB-propelled meteors on them?

To open some cards - this is for A&D reboot - yes, that's going to be a thing, but this time we decided to be more plausible/less dramatic, so no Sophia of Russia for Queen of Poland, for example.

However, an election of Christian of Legniza/George William strikes me as even more "drama goes first" plot point, as I think that with Michal I/Duke of Lorraine candndacies removed it's Philip Wilhelm of Neuburg that should realistically win this.

But, as nobody is perfect, I think I may have overlooked something? So, can a Piast restoration work/be a thing? Or should we go with Philip Wilhelm/OTL Polish kings and work Piast bloodline back on the throne by indirect ways?

Pretty much the question - what can be done to make it work? Other than killing all competing candidates by dropping ASB-propelled meteors on them?

To open some cards - this is for A&D reboot - yes, that's going to be a thing, but this time we decided to be more plausible/less dramatic, so no Sophia of Russia for Queen of Poland, for example.

However, an election of Christian of Legniza/George William strikes me as even more "drama goes first" plot point, as I think that with Michal I/Duke of Lorraine candndacies removed it's Philip Wilhelm of Neuburg that should realistically win this.

But, as nobody is perfect, I think I may have overlooked something? So, can a Piast restoration work/be a thing? Or should we go with Philip Wilhelm/OTL Polish kings and work Piast bloodline back on the throne by indirect ways?

I don't know much about the Piasts left in 1668/1674 besides a) weren't they Protestant at the time? and b) Georg Wilhelm's dad wanted to give him a Polish name and the estates said "no" (or something like that).

I don't know much about the Piasts left in 1668/1674 besides a) weren't they Protestant at the time? and b) Georg Wilhelm's dad wanted to give him a Polish name and the estates said "no" (or something like that).
Saxon Wettin were Protestant too, but Warsaw was worth the mass. I have seen one TL with Silesian Piast winning even earlier-in 1646 plans of Władysław IV's "Turkish War" are discovered, enraged nobles rebelled, resigned Władysław abdicated and left the country, nobles don't want compromited Vasas anymore and competition of king are further limited, next election is won by less important candidate-Piast of Legnica, because title of Polish King is not important enough now to attract higher born, foreign candidate.
http://www.historycy.org/index.php?act=ST&f=117&t=171532

The PoD is in 1652 for Western Europe. So, do you suggest doing (temorary) Polish screw/more successful Deluge as a way for election to happen? Though that still sounds convoluted to me.

Such 1646 Polish PoD would create storm of butterflies, especially Khmielnitsky Uprising and Deluge would be heavy affected, so better stay with 1668/1672. I would make my analise on this problem.

As the necessary prerequisite I think you would need him involved in Polish affairs and gaining some fame here, so when Poles talks about electing a "Piast" he stands up and says "you wont find anyone more Piast than me"

A PoD in Western Europe is 1652/1653. The knockoffs for Poland and Russia are planned since 1655. Feel free to use these dates to help with analysis/ask for details. I'll summon @Emperor Constantine to the thread later, since the idea was his in the first place, and I'd like to see just how achievable it is.

There is a way to create family connection between Vasas and Piasts of Legnica, although it require some handwaving-Anna Katarzyna Konstancja Waza (1619-1652), daughter of Sigismund III, was considered as wife of Frederick William I, Elector of Brandenburg, say they married and have some daughters but Anna Katarzyna Konstancja still dies early. Marriages between Silesian Piasts and Hohenzollerns were quite common, so one of these daughters could end as wife of Piast Duke, but...Either Christian of Legnica is widowed and could remarry around 1660-1665, or he had a son earlier than IOTL, who could marry ATL John Casimir's niece. That means also, that John Casimir is likely not in favor of election vivente rege of Henri de Condé having close relatives, thus Lubomirski's rebellion could be butterflied away and John Casimir could sit on the throne longer, possibly pushing for election of Silesian Duke himself, and it would be more understandable for nobles, that he is supporting his close relative with connections with Poland, not some disliked French duke.