AHC:A more boring second world war

The second world war was a ridiculously cinematic/dramatic conflict. It even follows a story arc!

The growing threat ignored until it's too late before the lone voice against this threat stands up and leads the fight against it. At first the forces of evil conquer all before them before being stopped by a last minute desperate fight aided by new allies found in a far away land. Then a series of victories with the odd setback before a climactic battle in the heart of the evil country. It even ends with a hackneyed set up for a sequel which never got released due to cost issues.

Your challenge is to make a conflict that's similar in scale but far less entertaining and with a far less neat narrative.

(Yes I realise I'm over simplifying slightly:p)

Just to be clear I mean with a 1920 PoD.

Last edited:
Honestly most of the "interesting" aspect of it has been inserted into the history in order to make it work more from a hollywood aspect/make highschool history students stay awake throughout the whole thing.

Your challenge is to make a conflict that's similar in scale but far less entertaining and with a far less neat narrative.
It exists, and it is called World War One with the working title The Great War, and had the advert The War to End All Wars.

It even ends with a hackneyed set up for a sequel which never got released due to cost issues.
Would that be the Cold War Turns Hot? Unfortunately only released in bits and pieces in local cinemas around the world now and then during half a century.

A) Have France take action in response to the reoccupation of the Rhineland.

B) Have Czechoslovakia stand up to Germany instead of agreeing to cede the Sudetenland. I've heard it suggested that a German-Czechoslovakian war at that time wouldn't be so one-sided.

C) A quicker response to the invasion of Poland.