AH: The 22 countries who escaped british invasion: how could the brits get them?

I was amazed to learn that we brits have managed to invade, raid, pillage or hold to ransome 90% of the worlds counties-all but 22 out of 200.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-invaded-staggering-90-worlds-nations.html?IT

Now i think you'll agree with me that 90% is such a freakish number, so my challenge to you is this: how could we create the conditions for britain to have a reason to invade thoes 22 who somhow escaped the dubious embrace of britain. These include:
Mongolia, Tajikistan, The vatican, Luxumburg, Paraguey, Krygystan, Ivory coast, Sweden, Congo, Andorra,Chad,Marshell islands, Centeral african republic, Monaco, Berundi, Lichtenstein, Mali, Uzbekistan, San tome and principe, Guatamala.

So then: how could these contries be invaded and, as an extra challenge, how could such invasions go down.

Oh and by invasion, i will go with the artical writers definition: any serouse raid, attack, piracy, full scale invasion counts.

I would really like to know when did Britain ever "invade, raid or pillage" any parts of Croatia... We have a tendency to remember any and all invaders/attackers/pillagers/daemons from hell that ever set foot on our lands. I think we`d remember an attack from the dmaned Englezer`s. :p

I would really like to know when did Britain ever "invade, raid or pillage" any parts of Croatia... We have a tendency to remember any and all invaders/attackers/pillagers/daemons from hell that ever set foot on our lands. I think we`d remember an attack from the dmaned Englezer`s. :p

Napoleonic Wars, when the Dalmatian coast and islands were part of the French empire. We even occupied at least one island for several years as a naval base before it was handed back to Austria after Napoleon was overthrown.

In WW2 British had a flotilla on Vis.

If Germany wins WWI and they get the CAR and Congo, Britain could end up fighting there in a later conflict.

If Germany wins WWI and they get the CAR and Congo, Britain could end up fighting there in a later conflict.

Already easy enough to deal with, given the Fashoda incident. Come to think of it, why is Chad on the list when they got the Azoua strip from Britain, Egypt, and Sudan?

The whole Daily Mail criteria as you describe it is a pretty low bar, isn't it? It's much easier to come up with PODs to attack pre-colonial or colonial regions, especially in the late 19th Cent. when the British Empire could project power pretty much anywhere it wanted to.

Yes-but i set my term of invasion as a peroid of prolonged attacks or occupation of at least a small mpart of a countrys ( or future contries) land. Hope that clarifies things.

Napoleonic Wars, when the Dalmatian coast and islands were part of the French empire. We even occupied at least one island for several years as a naval base before it was handed back to Austria after Napoleon was overthrown.

In WW2 British had a flotilla on Vis.

Well, definatley counts as parts of Croatia, although considering these were the French and the Italians you were fighting against it wasn`t remembered all that much around these parts. Though if instances like these constitute "invasions, raids and pillaging" made by the British Empire, im definatley not surprised only 22 countries didn`t make the grade. ;)

Does anyone else kind of feel concerned that is wasn't difficult to find a reason to have Britain invade the entire world?

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but When did Britian Invade the Following countries.

-Japan (Does that just mean the japanese islands?)
- New Zealand
- Australia
- Canada
- Mexico
- Cuba
- Managascar
- Brazil?

Thanks

-Japan (Does that just mean the japanese islands?)
- New Zealand
- Australia
- Canada
- Mexico
- Cuba
- Managascar
- Brazil?

Thanks
Japan-ww2.
NZ, Australia, Canada-all member of the commonwealth, settled by the British.
Mexico, Cuba-Spanish possessions during a point when they were frequentely at war. Don't think the British ever invaded though.
Madagascar-see battle of Madagascar
Brazil-no idea.

Japan-ww2.
NZ, Australia, Canada-all member of the commonwealth, settled by the British.
Mexico, Cuba-Spanish possessions during a point when they were frequentely at war. Don't think the British ever invaded though.
Madagascar-see battle of Madagascar
Brazil-no idea.

There were also some gunboat diplomacy incidents with the RN shelling the Japanese coast in the period between the end of Tokugawa and the beginning of Meiji.
Britain was also involved with the French and Austrians in Mexico in 1861. RN and Royal Marines took part in the seizure of Vera Cruz.
The British took Madagascar from the Vichy French during WWII.
British besieged and took Havana Cuba in 1762-63.
Brazil was attacked by the British "Sea Dogs" during the Elizabethan period when Portugal and Spain were in a personal union.
British mercenaries/semi-official troops were involved in most of the South American wars of independence as well in the 1810s and 1820s as well.

- Brazil?

Thanks

In 1850 Britain lost patience with Brazil's backsliding on it's promises to abolish the slave trade and proceeded to put Brazil's coast under effective blockade, which included raiding Brazilian ports to capture and burn slave ships at anchor. This inevitably involved quite severe clashes between Brazilian troops and Royal Marines.

In 1850 Britain lost patience with Brazil's backsliding on it's promises to abolish the slave trade and proceeded to put Brazil's coast under effective blockade, which included raiding Brazilian ports to capture and burn slave ships at anchor. This inevitably involved quite severe clashes between Brazilian troops and Royal Marines.

I never knew that! Interestikng.....