AH.com Flag Selection Contest

As Minister of Employment, it is my pleasure to announce an open invitation to all flag makers to participate in a public works project. As per recent legislation, a committee has been established to choose a flag to represent AH.com. Please post any flags you wish to be considered here, as well as discuss the contest.

Note: You may use old flags, but if you wish them to be entered, they must be posted here, just like all the rest.

Krall

Banned
Now, I said I would explain my rather convoluted Universal Flag Theory for this contest, and I will... tomorrow. It's 23:28 here, and I need to sleep.

Unbreakable union of freeborn Canadians
Great AH.com has welded forever to stand!
Created in struggle by will of IAN
United and mighty, our AH land!

CHORUS:
Sing to the Motherland, home of the sealions,
Bulwark of people, in geekhood strong!
Oh! Party of IAN! The strength of the people.
To Alternate History's triumph lead us on!

Through tempests the sun rays of freedom have cheered us
Along the new path where great IAN did lead!
To a righteous cause he raised up the people
Inspired them to labour and valorous deed!

CHORUS

In the victory of Alternate History's deathless ideal,
We see the future of our dear land
And to her fluttering scarlet banner,
selflessly true, we always shall stand!

CHORUS

Last edited:
I still think Mothra impossed on an Orange banner would be the perfect flag. Either that, or the flag from Kings.

Dom

Here is an entry by me. It's really basic, but I like it at least.

flag.png

A revised version of the "ASCII Butterfly" flag I posted (I think it was in the Congress for Discourse"?) Anyway, the Black-and-white has been removed because it tested poorly with focus groups.

ahflag4.png

I would like to submit this flag, by LylyCSM2, for consideration:

attachment.php

I will be submitting my own flag later. Remember, the very well-designed flag above is not mine.

Communists of this board!

Create a flag that truly represents the people. A flag with a hammer and sickle. Even though I am not on this committee, I will gladly offer my endorsement of this flag!

I can guarantee right now nothing with a Hammer & Sickle will be chosen..

Last edited:

Dom

Well you aren't on the committee so you're in no position to guarantee that. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if any of the people on the committee are big fans of communism though. Well, except maybe The Red.

I hope they pick my flag. I'm pretty sure I could come up with an explanation for the colouring if people really want.

Communists of this board!

Create a flag that truly represents the people. A flag with a hammer and sickle. Even though I am not on this committee, I will gladly offer my endorsement of this flag!
I still wonder why a hammer and sickle represents the people of AH.com... I mean, I don't see anyone using a sickle hanging out around the site.