Ah Challenge: Pan-Atlanticism

Whilst researching the theory of an 'Atlantic Revolution' for my exams a thought came to me about the possibility of some sort of Pan-Atlanticism, in other words an ideology that supported the idea of a greater amount of unification between both sides of the Atlantic, of Europe and the Americas, either economically or even politically.

So your challenge, should you accept it, is to foster a firm ideology of Pan-Atlanticism in the western world. It does not need to be supported by all, ideally it should be around the same level of popularity as modern day Pan-Europeanism, with both Atlantosceptics and pro-Atlantics. It can also exist alongside more local movements such as Pan-Europeanism and Pan-Americanism. I should also specify that the inclusion of Slavs or Latin Americans is optional, if I understand correctly there were debates regarding the "Europeaness" of the former and "Americanness" of the latter. I will be light on the PoD limits, since this is not the easiest of tasks, so you are not allowed a PoD earlier than 1700.

What can you come up with?