AH Challenge: Anglo-German Alliance... still gets crushed!

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to create a scenario where the British Empire and the German Empire do, in fact, ally. This is the typical rightist wank-scenario for both Britain, but more importantly, imperial Germany to survive, prosper, dominate Europe and the world. Oh, and, of course, winning a WW1/Great War analogue is almost never questioned. Those evil French and the Asiatiic Russian cossack hordes always lose.
So, your challenge is, in a situation similar to OTL but different, have Germany and the UK ally around the time of the Great War. Then, have them lose the Great War/WW1 analogue! Yes, lose, even Britain has to sit down and be the loser and not just have a tie.
Bonus points if we have a sort of re-match with them where they lose, again!
Yes, obviously they're fighting those evil French and Russians! Those two may have allies, of course.
So, begin!

ASB Super Idea!!

How about we have a war were its the Anglo-German Alliance vs. the French-Russian-Iberian-Italian-Amrican-Chinese-Japanese-Brazilian-Argentinean-Rebels from various Anglo-German Colonies Alliance???
:rolleyes::p;):D

France and Russia would have to double team Germany while the United States keeps Britain at bay in the sea.

The odds of this happening are ASB.

mowque

Banned
Is someone trying to read my mind? This is like a (very) bad copy of my soon to be TL....Honestly, UK and Germany is going to own any likely (or even unlikely) collection of other Powers.

Wasn't there a Venezuelan crisis right at this moment? Not to mention other things.
With the USA on the Entente side, thigs are a bit more equal. Add in some overconidence by Germany and Britain. Meanwhile, have Russia industrialise better and get a better army.
This, however, would probably get us a Britain-Germany-Japan alliance against USA-France-Russia. Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans are unknown, though. As well as Italy.
Navally, the Entente is pretty bad off, but that's only if you go by OTL. France would have a bigger navy, OTL they didn't have as big of one because of the alliance with UK. Russia could probably increase it's navy as well, though not as much. USA, if it is drawn in early, can match the UK in output of ships so long-term could win a naval war. Meanwhile, Germany could have a smaller navy since it has the UK as an ally, and much like France can curtail naval development.

The only thing I can think of is when Austria looses the Austro-Prussian war and the dual monarchy is formed that Austria ITL breaks up into Hungary and Austrian dominated areas .

Russian also wins the Crimean war becomming the Tsar of all slavs.

Throw in a pinch of military genius , add in Hungary and Italy wanting territory and dominance , maybe add in some scandanavian countries for good measure , and you have a decent chance of sucess.

Wasn't there a Venezuelan crisis right at this moment? Not to mention other things.
With the USA on the Entente side, thigs are a bit more equal. Add in some overconidence by Germany and Britain. Meanwhile, have Russia industrialise better and get a better army.
This, however, would probably get us a Britain-Germany-Japan alliance against USA-France-Russia. Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans are unknown, though. As well as Italy.
Navally, the Entente is pretty bad off, but that's only if you go by OTL. France would have a bigger navy, OTL they didn't have as big of one because of the alliance with UK. Russia could probably increase it's navy as well, though not as much. USA, if it is drawn in early, can match the UK in output of ships so long-term could win a naval war. Meanwhile, Germany could have a smaller navy since it has the UK as an ally, and much like France can curtail naval development.

You should see Rex's TL for the Venezuelan Crisis/U.S.A. vs. Britian Scenario.

General Zod

Banned
USA/Russia/A-H/France vs Germany/Italy/Uk?

Yup, however contrary to pattern it requires the USA to be in from the start, so that Britain is forced to divert most of its land forces in a futile defense of Canada and the RN is locked in a fight with the USN. Otherwise, the BEF just shores up the Western Front while Germany and Italy go defensive, focus on the Eastern Front and kill A-H in a few months, then the strategic advantage shifts to the CPs.

Riain

Banned
I can't imagine the 2 largest navies in the world as allies having too many problems winning against the rest. Neither can I see German land power losing when backed by Britain.

I can't imagine the 2 largest navies in the world as allies having too many problems winning against the rest. Neither can I see German land power losing when backed by Britain.
The German Navy would've been affected by the 'Ally' syndrome, much like France OTL.
Besides, if the USA gears up and Russians/French are patient, guess to whom the naval advantage goes to? The Entente.
And these words annoy me. 'German land power. UK sea power.' These two are not nigh-invincible in their respective fields. Britain is a tough nut, but then again it had the USA backing it up to override any possibility of defeat.
Perhaps the war ends up in a stalemate, and the French pioneer the trench-penetration strategy that the Germans used?
Also, note that even though Britain and Germany were top industrial powers, the USA could beat them in output, especially if you add in France and Russia.
I will look up the US and other's navies and compare them to the UK. I have a creeping suspicion that the UK will not be in such a position of dominance.

Also remember the British Achilles heel, the Empire. There is no way the BEF is even going to set foot in Europe they are going to spend the entire war getting pawned in Canada, and marching through Africa. You are essentially going to get the Seven Years War Redux, i.e. two nominally allied powers fighting two completely separate wars.

1895:The US and Britian fight a war in Venezuela, and Britian wins. Relations drop. The US decides to increase the fleet size in order to defend against a future war with Britian. German-British relations increase after their coordination in the matter.

1898: Fashoda incident greatly hurts relations between France and Britian after it almost escalates to war.

1901: Germany and Britian sign a Naval agreement, reducing their respective navies.

1904: Fearing Russian expanison on their colonial empire, Britian signs an alliance with Germany

1906: Russia is defeated by Japan, but just barely, due to French aid. Seeing the benefits of a modern army, Russia goes through with Modernization.

1911: The Morocco crisis triggers a war between the alliance blocks. The US joins France and Russia due to american anger with percieved British and German aggresion. The USN attacks British and German colonial possesions, while Germany invades France. Germany fails to take Paris, and Russia, after heavy losses, begins driving into Germany. Italy joins France and Russia, and invades Austria due to irredentism.

1912: Austria collapses. Germany sues for peace for fears that the entente will enter home territory, and Britian for fear of loosing her empire.

Typo

Banned
Except the German fleet is essentially a north Sea fleet, with limited power projection world wide. Continental US is never going to be seriously threatened by a German fleet.