Actor Castings good and bad?

Ian McKellen as Gandalf (exactly how I pictured Gandalf when I first read the books, long before the movies came out). Or.. umm... I can't really think of anythign else for now..

Diamond

Banned
Well, staying with the X-men theme, the guy that played Cyclops (whose acting was so forgettable I can't even remember his name) was a horrible choice. Famke Jannssen looked the part as Jean Gray and seemed to have the right 'attitude'.

One of the best and most inspired casting choices that I can remember in recent years was Gary Oldman as Dracula. He fit that role like peanut butter and jelly.

This of course isn't a real cast, but I would not be able to see a movie based on Settling Accounts unless Billy Bob Thorton played Jake Featherston.

This of course isn't a real cast, but I would not be able to see a movie based on Settling Accounts unless Billy Bob Thorton played Jake Featherston.

Will Angelina Jolie be playing Lulu Mattox when Hollywood ruins Harry Turtledove's works?

"Coming to a theatre near you Settling Accounts: The Love Story....."

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Arnold Schwartzengger was the perfect actor for Conan.

He made the Terminator his role, but he was designed to be Conan.

Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump--I don't know if he made the role his or if the role was designed for him, but he was perfect in it.

Jim Carrey in Me, Myself and Irene was pretty good too.