A young Duke of Clarence succeeds

In December 1871 the Prince of Wales, Albert Edward, fell very seriously ill with typhoid and it was feared he would die. Albert Edward lived.
Suppose Albert Edward dies of typhoid in 1871. Suppose Queen Victoria then abdicates.
Albert Victor Christian Edward, Duke of Clarence, comes to the throne.
Shall he be King Albert I or King Albert Victor I or King Edward VII?
Who is the Regent?

Not sure that Victoria would abdicate, particularly given her grandson was only 7 but lets go with it.....

Prince Albert would be crowned King Albert I (his grandmother would have insisted and Albert didn't have the issues with his grandfather that his father had).

With regards to a regent the Duke of Norfolk would be a safe pair of hands even if he was youngish and a Catholic.

Personally I think this would have major butterflies as it would be unlikely that the Entente Cordiale would have been signed without Edward's being involved, and that Wilhelm would have been less threatened by the British monarchy with Albert's son on the throne (assuming Albert dies as in OTL).

In December 1871 the Prince of Wales, Albert Edward, fell very seriously ill with typhoid and it was feared he would die. Albert Edward lived.
Suppose Albert Edward dies of typhoid in 1871. Suppose Queen Victoria then abdicates.
Who is the Regent?

On January 22nd 1872, Prince Albert Edward died aged 30 years old, he leaves five children and his wife, Alexandra of Denmark, pregnant. His eldest son, Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale becomes the new Prince of Wales and heir of the throne at the age of 7.

On 30th March 1871 [1] Princess Dowager, Alexandra gives birth to a health, Prince Alexander John of Wales.
[1] A week earlier then OTL

Queen Victoria, like in OTL, would not abdicate so would keep her young heir as healthy as possible, so would Albert Victor still fall ill with influenza in the pandemic of 1889–92?

At first Queen Victoria expresses that her grandson's regnal name shall be Albert Victor I.
Her daughter, Princess Beatrice expresses, "Mother, what if each successive king has a different second name other than Victor?"
Queen Victoria then proclaims that Albert Victor's regnal name shall be Albert I.

Who is the Regent?

I don't see Victoria abdicating. Another way you could get rid of her is to assassinate her. Victoria in OTL survived several assassination attempts. If the one with Arthur O'Connor(an Irish teenager) in February, 1872 succeeded, 8 year old Albert Victor is on the throne.