A Thread for Alternate US State Flags

Iowa Flag

Figured I should my first flag post with my home state - Iowa. Pulled symbolism from sveral different sources for these flags. The green representing role of Iowa as a prairie state and part of the corn belt. The two blue stripes represent the two rivers - Missouri and Mississippi - framing the state on the east and west boundaries. This is significant in the state because Iowa is the only state with east and west boundaries as river boundaries.

The second flag pulls the white star from the history of Iowa being called "the Radical Star of the West."

The third and fourth flags pull from Iowa's use of the Wild Rose as a symbol of the state.

The final flag would be if the Louisiana Purchase had been maintained as Spanish possession instead of being transferred to France in 1800.

I hope all enjoy and I would appreciate any feedback - both postive or negative.

Iowa002.png

No alternate Alabama flag??

Guess Alabama dont exist to the rest of you. Even Georgia gets an alternate flag, and yet nobody EVER thinks about Alabama. Are Alabamians THAT backwards that we dont get an alternate flag??? :confused::eek::mad:

VT45

Banned
Guess Alabama dont exist to the rest of you. Even Georgia gets an alternate flag, and yet nobody EVER thinks about Alabama. Are Alabamians THAT backwards that we dont get an alternate flag??? :confused::eek::mad:

I think the ignoring of Alabama stems more from the fact that it has an actual proper flag, unlike most states.