A sneak preview of my new timeline...

As some of you may know, I recently finished 'A Greater Britain', a long, multi-part timeline. I've been thinking for a while about what my next project should be; I orginally planned to flesh out the world of the timeline with a series of short vignettes, and another option was to finish off '1910: A Space Odyssey'. However, I've decided that both of these would be too much like retreading old ground; instead, I'm going to do something completely new that I've had bouncing around my head for a little while.

I'm not going to give much away about what it involves, but I think of it as a sort of spiritual prequel to 'A Greater Britain'. It certainly shares many of the same themes (i.e "failed politician of OTL does rather better and becomes Prime Minister, messing up the British body politic in the process" :rolleyes:), although the setting and outcome is very different. Everything is still very much work in progress and you might not hear much more about this for a while, but I just thought I'd lay a marker down to whet peoples' appetites.

So, without any further ado I give you my upcoming timeline;

FaBR.gif

The picture is FaBR.
mid 1800's British politician with the Initials Fa B R who had a shot at the PM's slot
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well I'm looking forward to it EdT as all your work has been exemplary, still I am hoping for an update to 1910: A Space Odyssey.

Randolph Churchill?

Bingo! Randolph Churchill doesn't crop up enough in ATLs, in my view. As a charismatic opportunist, his increased political prominence stands to be interesting, in the Chinese sense...

Parliament's on fire in the background there. I approve already.

Churchill will provoke, and have to face, some rather dramatic events...

Looks kind of like Henry Vincent.

Henry Vincent would be a very good focus for a TL actually- the Chartists are rather under-used in AH. This TL is set a little later, however.

maverick

Banned
*Westminster in flames*

*black and white picture of guy looking like an Orwellian-Mosleyte dictator"

Approves...

Hmmm...Randolph Churchill

Bingo! Randolph Churchill doesn't crop up enough in ATLs, in my view. As a charismatic opportunist, his increased political prominence stands to be interesting, in the Chinese sense...

Hmm, I approve heartily! I presume his, ahem, condition will not be an issue here?

Thande

Donor
Hey, I suggested this WI about three months ago! :mad:

Although EdT will do it a zillion times better than I ever could, so I don't really mind :D

Hey, I suggested this WI about three months ago! :mad:

Sorry, I only saw this after you mentioned it! Great minds and all that- the PoD will be rather different to the one that you outlined however.

Hmm, I approve heartily! I presume his, ahem, condition will not be an issue here?

It has to be dealt with somehow, otherwise this'd be a pretty short TL- I do have a decent solution in mind however, and one that'll still leave our protagonist a little unstable...

Damn it, EdT... why do you make us wait for more Steampunk British Empire... in Space!!!!? :mad:

After you're finished with 1910: A Space Odyssey, do you mind me making a sequal to? I had an idea of making something set a few decades later on... ;)