A Progressive Russia

What does kill it with fire mean?
Sorry. Internet jargon. :) It means that his reign was one of the worst things that befell Russia in the long term exactly because it cut short the ongoing modernisation. A better bet would be Alexey I's eldest son, Tsarevich Alexei Alexeevich (1654–1670), surviving. Or Sophia's successful reign. Anything but Peter.

Sorry. Internet jargon. :) It means that his reign was one of the worst things that befell Russia in the long term exactly because it cut short the ongoing modernisation. A better bet would be Alexey I's eldest son, Tsarevich Alexei Alexeevich (1654–1670), surviving. Or Sophia's successful reign. Anything but Peter.

Great! thank you I just want to ask could Alexei make that trip around europe like peter did? And how can these two educate the populace in your opinion?

Also um would these two be open for having the people have a say in the governement or not?

Well since I guess no one is going to do it I will. I will make a Russian TL it will take me a year or less before I post but believe me I will any and all Russian experts lend my your knowledge if you are like me who wants to see Britain France the Ottomans and any one else who stymied the growth of a progressive russia lend me your knowledge. I am 13 years old and this will be my first TL so please if you could guys help me help you. I will use what ever knowledge you have given me or what I have learned to create this TL so anyone who has helped thank you and anyone who hasn't yet please do

Susano

Banned
I know. German colonists settled in the territories nearest to Vistula, in the Old Prussia.

In the 17th century, Northern Ducial Prussia was fully German settled. Southern Ducial Prussia in that century of course still had a Masurian majority. But only the thinly settled and poorer south. Not only nobility, but also the middle class (such as it was in a 17th century enviroment) and most of the common population was German in Ducial Prussia.

On the contrary, in Livonia it were indeed only a very small German nobility that ruled over the Latvians and Estonians.

Alexei alexeevich could be a product of western education and be able too create a class of educated russians that would eventually dominate russian society.

Hey guys do you think that Alexander Suvorov would be able to modernize and reform the army if he was ordered by the tsar?
Sorry for my ignorance but what was Tsarevich Alexei Alexeevich like was he like peter or a bit more cautious.

Last edited:
sururov was the russian Napoleon of his day :)

he certainly could.

yah but what would the army look like I mean could he do it I mean really could someone give me there opinion on this. Oh yah I have a solution to Russian education the reason why Russia was able to modernise was becuase of foreignor's. by the 17th century there were about 18'000 living in Russia most were in Moscow but a good ruler could use this class of educated people too keep on par with european powers and eventually modernize.

Last edited: