A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

View attachment 896817
View attachment 896818

A) "Independent" state of Novorussia becomes puppet of Union State, Crimea is annexed
B) Whole state of Novorussia + Crimea are annexed by the Union State

*In this case pro-Western rest of Ukraine will joins EU and NATO, nevertheless the country will be poor, as industrial base and most of resources will be in Russian hands

View attachment 896819

C) Ukraine remains de-facto independent, but with Russian puppet government
D) Whole Ukraine is annexed by the Union State

*in this option expect mass resistance in Western and Central Ukraine, as well as prolonged guerilla warfare.
C.

Current voting situation is very close
A/B. 3 votes
C. 11 votes
D. 14 votes
This are not concrete because people are changing there votes regularly.

Voting for C. Having more land mass is not what makes states succesful in the 21st century. Trying to annex Ukraine would alienate majority of Ukrainians from us. On the other hand having Kiev as a puppet has almost all of the upsides of D but without the problems

I am a liberal Duma Member and say,we should not establish puppet regimes!
Annexing New Russia is ultima Ratio for me,but Crimea we should take.
Why can’t we have common sense? Y‘all are behaving like the goddamn LDPR!

Of course people are going D... Welp, we're gonna be spending a lot of attention and resources there...
Never gonna vote unless it's after the chapter...

Chairman of the State Duma of the Russian Federation:
Order!The clerk will now read aloud the current voting record.
Current voting situation in the State Duma of the Russian Federation:
Motion „Fate of Ukraine post reverse Euro-Maidan in 2013/2014“
A/B: 2 votes
C: 12 votes
D: 14 votes

Last edited:
Option B can be basically considered a support for Option D. Also, I am sure we will reach some type of compromise.
Also, no one here is a member of the LDPR, but we are choosing option D because, after all these confrontations, the right wing will be high some times. Also, leaders don't always choose the best options. This is the most probable option that a strong Russian government is going to choose.
As for democratic backsliding In some years, from the USA to Europe to Asia, we are going to see the downfall of the liberal left. Right-wing populism is going to be in style. Who knows if we don't follow someone in the future, it will be a more audacious move.
@panpiotr already said we are not going to be sanctioned harshly, and we can improve all relations with the West during Trump's tenure in 2017. So I don't see the need for such a necessity to choose option C.

Last edited: