A Map Shitpost Thread

Do people want a WIP thread?

• Yes

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A while back, this map was circulating reddit. It was a map where someone had drawn in wildly wrong flags to fill in a map of Europe. Most posts would lie and claim their kid or partner did it, others claimed the map was made by some troll trying to trigger people (which feels more likely). But looking at how utterly INSANE the map is, I decided that, as a creative exercise, I would try to make a map, flags, and lore for this Dumb Reddit Map. In the efforts of making a semi-coherent TL, it came out feeling more like a full brainrot HOI4 mod, and eventually I decided to just lean into that.

So, all that said, I present the Dumb Reddit Map (DRM) Timeline, AKA "Dreams of Reason and Misery"

This has been a labor of love and foolishness for a while, so I hope everyone enjoys my most laborious and intricate shitpost ever.

ww7Ycb0.png

M6UIREy.png

Below are the Flags and Lore:

A while back, this map was circulating reddit. It was a map where someone had drawn in wildly wrong flags to fill in a map of Europe. Most posts would lie and claim their kid or partner did it, others claimed the map was made by some troll trying to trigger people (which feels more likely). But looking at how utterly INSANE the map is, I decided that, as a creative exercise, I would try to make a map, flags, and lore for this Dumb Reddit Map. In the efforts of making a semi-coherent TL, it came out feeling more like a full brainrot HOI4 mod, and eventually I decided to just lean into that.

So, all that said, I present the Dumb Reddit Map (DRM) Timeline, AKA "Dreams of Reason and Misery"

This has been a labor of love and foolishness for a while, so I hope everyone enjoys my most laborious and intricate shitpost ever.

Kja9Zlk.png

RIj5LRV.png

wRJqJxK.png

e0mzKzu.png
cPGjFoJ.png

Below is the Map:

Howdy y'all. I just got back from Pluto on this Kangaroo-2 rocket. I had a great time. Couldn't see the Sun though. At least I got to do a macca run.
You know what I just noticed? I thinm Pluto only covers up like two of Australia's major cities anyway so what's the big deal? It shouldn't be pitch black underneath right?
/s.

(European colonization intensifies)
What do the colors symbolize? Nations?
Nothing to which we’re accustomed. It’s likely he colorized based on “traditional” map coloration simply to give it more contrast (usually a black and white comic), and then the additional colors were to stay within the chosen palette. Mexican North New York isn’t probable. Could also just be a play on the “fill in a map with 4 colors” trope.

Nothing to which we’re accustomed. It’s likely he colorized based on “traditional” map coloration simply to give it more contrast (usually a black and white comic), and then the additional colors were to stay within the chosen palette. Mexican North New York isn’t probable. Could also just be a play on the “fill in a map with 4 colors” trope.
That makes more sense I guess. I wonder how the US would develop in ITTL.