A Feast of Eagles - Alternate 1917

I am trying to write a detailed alternate history timeline for a Shared Story that will be set after a Wilsonian peace ends the First World War "early," in 1917.

But this timeline is heavily influenced by an older piece of fiction I first encountered on the Warships 1 forum years ago, titled "A Feast of Eagles." That fiction envisioned a world in which Spanish, German, and Italian unification was averted right through to the Great War. I added the US/CS split and have decided to mostly respect the work in that direction done by Harry Turtledove in How Few Remain.

Two big influences from this forum have been Grey Wolf, who originally wrote the A Feast of Eagles story on Warships1 and Wooly Mammoth's story, Death Rides a Pale Horse.

Years ago, someone named Countess Marina from another forum helped with the lion's share of the timeline, for which the original POD was 1830, but I am open to departures.

The map I am using can be found here. This map mostly reflects the "end state" I want to achieve with the timeline. (Taken from a blank world map created by a fellow named CanOmer, I intended to turn into a map for a tabletop board game, hence the awkward internal territorial divisions of each country. Note that British possessions in the Indian and Pacific Oceans are colored blue to indicate a Far East Command.)

I am slowly going through The Great War podcast, week by week, to reconstruct a plausible timeline for the Great War.

I have tended to simply use a lot of other work verbatim here due to the size of the project and because this is not being done for-profit. I have tried to provide specific citations to the original authors in places where I did so.

The timeline itself can be found here. You can comment.

I could some immediate help with the following:

• A good basis for the division of Italy and Spain, leading to the emergence of the Kingdom of Aragon and the Two Sicilies as an Austrian client.

• Figuring out the impact of a United Netherlands that favors the Germans over the French and accepts the German execution of the Schlieffen Plan through its territory.

• Thoughts on the development of the Second Mexican War, fought between the US and CS from 1880 to about 1884. During that war, the US will retake western Virginia and southern Missouri from the Confederacy while ultimately failing to reverse their annexation of Chihuahua and Sonora. By 1917, the Confederacy will be shriveling on the vine by comparison with the larger, wealthier United States so that its defeat in a future war is more likely than not. My intention is for the 1880's war to be a narrow defeat for the United States. I am curious about how combat on the Great Lakes would have proceeded, and for advice on how to deal with the Federal offensives on Richmond and in the Ohio Theater, as well as the Canadian Front. Any ideas for prominent officers on either side?

• Thoughts on the development of French Canada, which was retained in lieu of Guadaloupe after the 1763 Treaty of Paris.

The goal is to get to an alternate 1917 by making changes prior, not to start making changes in 1917.

For example, if I remember correctly, the first change currently in the timeline occurs in the 1600’s.