A Buddhist Greece

GIven the amount of contact ancient Greece and India had with each other and the fact there were Greek converts to Buddhism. There's even ancient Buddhist text written in Greek cursive script that was found in Afghanistan. So what would it take to have a Buddhist majority in amcient Greece?

This is convoluted as hell but this is all I got. A Seleucid or equivalent monarch converts, and as a result establishes a more doctrinal sect of Buddhism that has more focus on proselytization and conversion. Given how unrestrictive Buddhism generally is, it catches on and spreads. Eventually Greece proper picks it up, and you can get perhaps a Greco-Buddhist religion forming.

GIven the amount of contact ancient Greece and India had with each other and the fact there were Greek converts to Buddhism. There's even ancient Buddhist text written in Greek cursive script that was found in Afghanistan. So what would it take to have a Buddhist majority in amcient Greece?
I think you might be looking for this?

This is convoluted as hell but this is all I got. A Seleucid or equivalent monarch converts, and as a result establishes a more doctrinal sect of Buddhism that has more focus on proselytization and conversion. Given how unrestrictive Buddhism generally is, it catches on and spreads. Eventually Greece proper picks it up, and you can get perhaps a Greco-Buddhist religion forming.
I think you might be looking for this?