A Blank Map Thread

A good map of the Chinese cliques around 1924-1926 would be nice. I found a couple, but they're scaled down so much that they're very hard to read.

A good map of the Chinese cliques around 1924-1926 would be nice. I found a couple, but they're scaled down so much that they're very hard to read.

Hisatlas?

I think this should be within fair use limits.

China 1926.png

A request: Two maps of North America (in the same resolution and everything) with national borders in 1783, and in ~1830 (and with the borders of French Louisiana marked on the map).

At last, I've finished the pacific-centered basemap. The political borders may need a bit of a clean-up, but I'm quite pleased with everything else.

View attachment 210993

Not sure what I'll do about the political borders for the islands.

Would somebody please be so nice and make me a sandwich... I mean, a fitting Greenland for the American side of that map?

A blank map that I made for an upcoming TL of mine, roughly encompassing OTL Israel, Palestine, and the Sinai Peninsula.

palaestina.png

I've been looking for a political world map, and while theres alot of nice stuff around, I have trouble finding exactly what I want.

It needs to be a political map of the whole world, that shows national boundaries but not states/provinces. It needs to be very large, so that drawing detail is easy (can always shrink the end result). It needs to not have colors, just black and white with borders. Shouldn't have mountains on it, but rivers are much welcome. It needs to be a BMP or another format where I can easily work on it with just Paint; I can use more complex software but it just lengthens the process. Quality must be above average, and the existing political borders needs to be drawn accurately, and it should be up to date or nearly so (If South Sudan is there, that's perfect). Bonus points if it has dotted lines for contested boundaries ala Google maps, but thats not needed. I would like things like Transnistria, Abkhazia and South Ossetia represented in some fashion.

Surely such a thing exists, it should be the quintessential base map. Can someone point me to the object of my desires?

I've been looking for a political world map, and while theres alot of nice stuff around, I have trouble finding exactly what I want.

It needs to be a political map of the whole world, that shows national boundaries but not states/provinces. It needs to be very large, so that drawing detail is easy (can always shrink the end result). It needs to not have colors, just black and white with borders. Shouldn't have mountains on it, but rivers are much welcome. It needs to be a BMP or another format where I can easily work on it with just Paint; I can use more complex software but it just lengthens the process. Quality must be above average, and the existing political borders needs to be drawn accurately, and it should be up to date or nearly so (If South Sudan is there, that's perfect). Bonus points if it has dotted lines for contested boundaries ala Google maps, but thats not needed. I would like things like Transnistria, Abkhazia and South Ossetia represented in some fashion.

Surely such a thing exists, it should be the quintessential base map. Can someone point me to the object of my desires?

xt828's signature but you'll have to color it yourself, and no rivers.

Winkel Triple Projection World Map

I searched this thread for a winkel triple projection map of the world and got nothing. Does anyone have a blank map for this kind of projection, complete with basic longitudes and latitudes? Major rivers would be great. Political boundaries optional.

My girlfriend is currently working on a super-mega-power BAM.... :p Here`s a little preview of her work :)
Can You guess what region this is? (It isn`t that hard) *gg*

20140503 Vorschau.png

Dirk

Banned
Made a Mediterranean blank map because there ain't a single good one out there. Should I add historical regions, or not?

BlankMed.png

Here's an outline of the coast of Lakes Huron, Superior and Michigan sans any islands. I'm going to continue with it for a project I hope to not abandon but maybe this could be of some use. This: http://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/45000/45615/greatlakes_amo_2010240_lrg.jpg was used as reference. Due to the nature of the source the coast lines aren't 100% accurate but they should be pretty decent. Also, if this image is too humongous for keeping as an embedded image I can just switch it to a link if people would like.

Huron-Michigan-Superior_coastline_sansislands.png

The first post should have a link to a place with a list of these blank maps, with the first one most updated, would save all the requests.

Doesn't have to be complicated.

World Maps
Historical
Fantasy

Regional Maps
Etc
etc

I'm sure there's a good reason the first post isn't like this anyway or I'm dumb

But yeah, I request the big png blank map of the earth, and also if there is one I would like a climate/terrain (plains/forest/jungle/mountains, etc)

Dirk

Banned
The first post should have a link to a place with a list of these blank maps, with the first one most updated, would save all the requests.

Doesn't have to be complicated.

World Maps
Historical
Fantasy

Regional Maps
Etc
etc

I'm sure there's a good reason the first post isn't like this anyway or I'm dumb

But yeah, I request the big png blank map of the earth, and also if there is one I would like a climate/terrain (plains/forest/jungle/mountains, etc)

I guess there's the Wiki for that. And if you want something more specific, you can search this thread. Like, you'd search "Mediterranean" and you'd get my map. As long as people are in the habit of posting maps with easy keywords, that'll work.

I guess there's the Wiki for that. And if you want something more specific, you can search this thread. Like, you'd search "Mediterranean" and you'd get my map. As long as people are in the habit of posting maps with easy keywords, that'll work.

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/blank_map_directory/blank_map_directory_big

This is all I could find on the wiki

Thought there were more BAMs about

Edit:

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/resources/new_revised_basemap_series

Here where it says QBAM and blank/geological has no page