300 Spoof?

I was half-watching the breakfast news this morning, when they had some entertainment programme on and I could have sworn they said the no1 box office film at the moment was a 300 spoof-maybe called "Meet the Spartans".

Is this true? Or was my sleep-muddled brain making things up:confused:

No, you aren't imagining it.It was number one at the box office this weekend over Rambo .People at one site-condemned as a piece of trash.Don't know if it was bluetights.net or The Force Net Jedi Forums.Bluetights.net has a seperate board or two for films other than superheroes.

I think the correct term would be "somehow entertaining trash" Cause I think at some point people see it expecting trash yet will spend there time watching it

Which of course the studios doesn't really care about that as people still buy movie ticket to see that kind of stuff no matter what's there reason for it

Meet the Spartans

This is the latest movie spoof by the creators of the Scary Movie series. Every few months they make one of these and cram as many jokes about recent pop culture events as possible into it. "Striking while the iron is hot", I think it's called. One of the ads I saw for it featured Donald Trump spoofing his own Apprentice series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073498/

Actually, reading the cast list and the names of who they're parodying may be funnier than the real movie.

The movie is brutally unfunny, but it goes gag after gag after gag in the hopes to make somebody laugh. They spoof pretty much everything that happened in the last year in pop culture. There are one or two scenes or visuals that might make you chuckle, but to get to them you'd have to sit through a giant pile of suck.

Thanks Greg Grant.BTW bluetights.net did have a thread in its board dealing with films other than Superman, etc.What they said I can't repeat here.

I feel safe for once in condemning this movie even if I've never seen, and never will, see it.

Let's hope the guys making this fail to produce anymore drucks.

~The Doctor~

It was made by the Wayans brothers. What did you expect?

Now go watch some Blackadder or Monty Python, and soothe those jaded nerves.

It was made by the Wayans brothers. What did you expect?

It wasn't. It was made by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer, who were also responsible for the extraordinarily unfunny Date Movie and Epic Movie.

Now go watch some Blackadder or Monty Python, and soothe those jaded nerves.

I totally agree. Any movie made by Mel Brooks should help in that regard as well.

~The Doctor~

It wasn't. It was made by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer, who were also responsible for the extraordinarily unfunny Date Movie and Epic Movie.

Well, that explains why I laughed a little during the Scary Movies.

Don't look at me like that!:p