1914-2014: How the War fought the Empire

OOC: This is a TL in which the Indo-German Conspiracy is successful, told from the perspectives of an Indian, German, Irishman, and Briton

Excerpts from Ireland! Forever! said:
I remember the mood on September 18th, 1914 in Dublin, Ireland, entirely one of joy. Finally, after years of toil, fighting, we had finally one it. The Home Rule act of 1914 passed. I don't know how he were able to get all those Parliamentarians to pass ut, but no matter. Ireland could rule itself. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was happy. There were celebrations everywhere. Sure, my country may have been at war for over a month, but who cared? With Home Rule, nothing else mattered.

Then the news came. Home Rule would be positioned for a year, 'due to the war'. What? What was the best time of my life became the worst. Honestly, I couldn't do anything for days. I was depressed. I cpu;don't even get out of bed, and I cried and cried. Then I was finally able to get out, but just barely.

Then a friend told me about the Irish Republican Brotherhood...

In 1914, I was only 19, but it was a year I could never forget. I may have only not been a prominent figure in the Ghadarite movement at this time, but still, I was the leader of the "Thoothkudi Cultural Centre", essentially the Thoothkudi branch of the Ghadarite movement, and I had ambitions. Besides, the war that our oppressor, Britain, had recently declare 'in order to protect Belgium', despite the fact that Belgium had oppressed the Congolese, and the British oppressed many Africans, Malays, Canadians(2), Australians(3), Maori, and Indians. I felt that with the aid of Germany, who had not oppressed many Africans in comparison to all the other European countries, we could finally get rid of the shackles of oppression that had plagued us since the dirty Europeans invaded our country. I immediately contacted the Ghadar Party in America, and informed the fellow members of the TCC of my plan, and I even contacted the German government.

We could finally throw the chains of British Imperialism off of India.

Excerpts from Germany: Freer of India and Ireland said:
In 1914, when ze nation of Serbia had Gavrilo Princip shoot ze honorable Archduke of Austria-Hungary, Franz Ferdinand, Austria-Hungary, added by its most loyal ally, Germany, invade Serbia, Russia then declared war on ze side of Serbia, against Austra-Hungary and its most loyal ally, soon Britain and France were fighting just due to a defensive war by Austria-Hungary. Soon, being an aide in ze German government at ze time, received an interesting letter by T.R. Ashvin Nadar, an Indian, asked for ze nation of Germany's help in a war of national liberation against ze nation of Britain. After consulting with Eirch von Falkenhayvn and even ze Kaiser himself, ze German Empire decided to secretly send arms to C.R. Ashvin Nadar's organization and ze Ghadar Party, an organization based in America dedicated to Indian independence, and also recommended him to contact ze Irish Republican Brotherhood.

Without a doubt, I believed that Germany could win ze war.

Excerpts from The War Destroyed the Empire: An account of the War by Robert H. Johnson said:
Ah, 1914. Britain, ruler of the largest Empire the world had ever seen. We conquered India. We conquered much of Africa. We conquered Australia. We conquered New Zealend. We conquered Malaya. We conquered Canada. We were the rulers of the world. Unbeatable. So when the War started, there were no concerns about losing none at all, especially when we had the rest of the Entente, France and Russia, on our side. No concerns, no worries. We were going to win!

1 - What we call the "Great War", or World War I is simply called the War ITTL.
2 - When T.R. Ashvin Nadar refers to "Canadians", he's taking about the First Nations and the Inuit.
3 - Same as above, except this time he's taking about Australian Aborginials.

Last edited:
Now you have to write the Irish and Indian accents too. :D
It's easier in spoken language and from other languages. You may hear Eamon O'Sullivan taking about the "Shoneens from Ulster though (a Shoneen is an Irishman who imitates English ways), and T.R. Ashvin Nadar may refer to lakhs (100,000) and crores (10,000,000) of people.

That fake German accent is so ...lächerlich!

Ich understand that it ist lächerlich, but Ich need others to understand him, and also Ich don't know much Deutsch.

Ich understand that it ist lächerlich, but Ich need others to understand him, and also Ich don't know much Deutsch.

Vriting ze fake German aksent ist very simple. Just use die same sound for v's and double v's. Preetend dat Ahnuld Schvarnezegger ist talkeeng.

Isn't diese aksent offensiv und önneeded?
I guess people like you find it funny too, when African Americans are pictured as criminals and every second word is N****. Hey, if you want to laugh about a sterotypical clichè, thats fine with me. But dont believe for a second it has anything to do with reality.
Its just bad and poor taste!

I guess people like you find it funny too, when African Americans are pictured as criminals and every second word is N****. Hey, if you want to laugh about a sterotypical clichè, thats fine with me. But dont believe for a second it has anything to do with reality.

What negative stereotypes were we perpetuating about Germans? Like most people, many of them have trouble pronouncing a foreign language. I'm sure Americans sound hilarious when they try speaking German too, and I can say from personal experience that most of us sound hilarious when trying to speak Spanish, and vice-versa.

Last edited:
I'd like to say that I'm not trying to have a negative stereotype towards Germans. As I'm of mainly German ancestry myself, I rather like German accents, and I mostly did it because I liked the idea. There would also likely be poor translation, as all of the fake books I'm quoting are intended to be made for a domestic audience, as reflected by the highly biased titles, particularly T.R. Ashvin Nadar's and Konrad Müller.

Zeldar155

Banned

Uh, I'd like to point out that I was actually saying I didn't like the use of the accent and found it offensive.

I find the whole German stereotype accent offensive. I've been to Germany and I know that Germans do not actually speak English in this way.