10 Smallest changes pre WW11

Ramp-Rat

Monthly Donor
After posting on the wrong board last night, sorry new boy working on it, I got to thinking. You are in the same place as Don Erlang in Foresight War,[great book,] what are the 10 smallest changes you can make that will have the biggest effect. Not weapons, tactics or strategy, but little things that will pay big dividends. Heres a quick 10 of the top of my head.

1. Jerry can instead of Brit 4gal flimsy petrol tin.
2. PSP for construction.
3. Bailey Bridge, using box section not RSJ.
4. Boots, rubber/canvas, for Far East.
5. Uniform, cotton camoufage, not woollen BD.
6. Sleeping bags not blankets for troops.
7. Push for Penicillin.
8. Same DDT.
9. Paramedics not streacher bearers, better training.
10. Freeze Dry food in ration packs, 30%.

All the above would have made a big differance I think, but only need a small change, ie box section Bailey same weight but much stronger. Anyway go on rip it to apart its all part of the learning proses. :)

explain

first of all ould you please clear up point 2
2. PSP for construction.

the only psp i know is made by sony and i doudt thats the one you mean.

and how far in advance are we allowed to make those changes a date here would be help full because there are kind of alote of small things that could change the cause of history so that world war 1 might not even happen.

Sorry to be so vague, but wasn't the power of aerial bombs increased dramatically towards the end of the war by adding a few pennies' worth of powdered phosphorus or aluminium or Fritos or something?

schrammy said:
first of all ould you please clear up point 2
2. PSP for construction.

the only psp i know is made by sony and i doudt thats the one you mean.

and how far in advance are we allowed to make those changes a date here would be help full because there are kind of alote of small things that could change the cause of history so that world war 1 might not even happen.
well come on. the PSP would have allowed hitler to be distracted by playing GTA: LIberty Cities, and Churchil could benifit from its capbility to play MP3s, and run out of batery power after a couple of hours. but then again, it is a form of PlayStation, which are pure eeevil, so the Americans will have to halt the PS3's advance across the Pacific with teh X360...

cool ATL

Scarecrow said:
well come on. the PSP would have allowed hitler to be distracted by playing GTA: LIberty Cities, and Churchil could benifit from its capbility to play MP3s, and run out of batery power after a couple of hours. but then again, it is a form of PlayStation, which are pure eeevil, so the Americans will have to halt the PS3's advance across the Pacific with teh X360...

come to think of it that would indeed probarly made a big impact.

i can see it now world leaders resolve there conflicts not by military might but by who gets the best high score :D

armys accross the world are replaced by big game clans
and istead of wars there just giant gameing competitions ;)

schrammy said:
come to think of it that would indeed probarly made a big impact.

i can see it now world leaders resolve there conflicts not by military might but by who gets the best high score :D

armys accross the world are replaced by big game clans
and istead of wars there just giant gameing competitions ;)

pah. why am i the only non n00b in this thread? at least no one has mentioned the CSA yet. thank goodness for small miricles.

well we could have some kinda reverse-Castle Wolfenstien made by Nazi game developers...

Ramp-Rat

Monthly Donor
Explaining PSP

As I have already said I am very new at this so sorry about WW11 ment it to be WWII ok. Time line is based on book, so starts Monday 3rd September 1934. As for PSP it stands for Pierced Steel Plank, thoughs large steel planks full of holes Dur! that seabees, RAF airfield constuction wings, RE and USEC use to make temp airfields, roadways, etc. So once agine sorry give an old guy a break, hope this clears up any confusion. Ramp-Rat. :D