• Kaiphranos

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • scholar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • euio

Votes: 31 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must admit I was stuck by the simplicity of Euio's, particularly when combined with the deco stylings.

I've also noticed that, yet again, I put in what I consider to be a top standard map, and then someone else jumps in with something even more spectacluar:rolleyes:

Krall

Banned
I must admit I was stuck by the simplicity of Euio's, particularly when combined with the deco stylings.

I've also noticed that, yet again, I put in what I consider to be a top standard map, and then someone else jumps in with something even more spectacluar:rolleyes:

Don't worry - you'll get better with practice. After all, I used to make maps like this:

postchinawarqd5.png

What the *fuck* was I thinking?

Krall

Banned
I liked euio's entry as a piece of art, but I actually felt Kaiphranos' entry functioned better as a map; it gave more detail about the circumstances and focused on the geography of the region. Whilst euio's entry does look better, it seems like the map isn't the focus of the image and it's rather lacking in the detail department.

d32123

Banned
I liked euio's entry as a piece of art, but I actually felt Kaiphranos' entry functioned better as a map; it gave more detail about the circumstances and focused on the geography of the region. Whilst euio's entry does look better, it seems like the map isn't the focus of the image and it's rather lacking in the detail department.

I agree with this. I found euio's to be more aesthetically pleasing, but Kaiphranos' entry was much more intricate and deserves to win.

Don't worry - you'll get better with practice. After all, I used to make maps like this:

Oh I know. I'd already say that the quality I can produce is unrecognisable compared to what I was doing a couple of years ago.

There was just something so elegant about the colors (of all things) in Kaiphranos' map, so I voted for him.

Tsao

Banned

Is that an Indian Tibet I'm seeing, or are my eyes deceiving me?

I'm voting for Kaiphranos, though I really liked Alex Richards' and euio's maps.

Krall

Banned
Is that an Indian Tibet I'm seeing, or are my eyes deceiving me?

It is indeed, though I think they're meant to be occupation zones. I'm not sure what China did to warrant being invaded by a vague collection of powerful countries - maybe they cut off tea exports to Britain?

Not a single vote for me, I guess standard maps don't count for much here. :p

I believe the fact that you zoomed in on the map, thereby distorting it and making it very pixellated, had more to do with it than your choice of basemap. It was your first entry though - you'll get better with practice. :)

scholar

Banned
I believe the fact that you zoomed in on the map, thereby distorting it and making it very pixellated, had more to do with it than your choice of basemap. It was your first entry though - you'll get better with practice. :)
At the time it seemed like a good idea, guess i didn't turn out as such. :eek: