Look to the West -- Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am left thinking that, considering how confusing Ottoman internal affairs are, the Sociatists are stronger for lacking the Ottoman example of a unique hierarchy.

Also, good update.

Thande

Donor
Flag of the new Kingdom of Bohemia (the civil version is without the coat of arms).

EDIT: De-shined version thanks to Martin2320.

Bohemia fixed.png

Last edited:
Is Bohemia going to be such an industrial hotbed as in OTL? If so, this Bohemian Republic could prove to be very powerful for their size.

Bohemia and Silesia were removed, although the heroic rearguard action of Croat General Marko Bunić in Moravia meant that the Austrians actually retained a sizeable part of the former Kingdom of Bohemia.

Did the Austrians retain southern Bohemia and/or (much of) the Bohemian Crown land Moravia?

Censorship in the *present day only gets stranger and stranger. Why is it really bad that Germans and Czechs fought together? We shall see, we shall see...

Censorship in the *present day only gets stranger and stranger. Why is it really bad that Germans and Czechs fought together? We shall see, we shall see...

International coalition of course. Uniting across identities is horrible!

Lingenthal promised Saxon aid and information (the Saxons had plenty of spies in the VRD thanks to the Young German movement) in exchange for Hanover-Brunswick(?) aid in a coordinated push for further influence and the creation of a new Germany

Is the '(?)' supposed to be there, or is that a mistaken leftover from the editing process?

If I'm reading it right, it's more the reverse--the Diversitarian "censor" wants to emphasize the multiethnic nature of the uprising as part of an effort to decouple "ethnicity" and "nationality."

I would imagine that the conquest of Krakow is quite the feather in the Polish King's hat. I would not be surprised if he indulged in some kind of triumph to show that Poland's old Royal capital is now back in Polish hands.

Faeelin

Banned
Thande;5200921[6 said:
OTL this comparison was made by David Ogg among others. It makes more sense in OTL, however, where Ireland became an integral part of the British crown and then was perceived as being neglected.

When was the Kingdom of Bohemia abolished ATL?

The Kingdom of Hanover-Brunswick sure does need a new name! Will it rhyme with Herman Lee?

The Popular Wars look like they have plenty more surprises left in them...

I have to say that the ASN's insistance on racial purity is more than a little creepy. So far societism looks like the good guys of TTL. Either that or you're going for a WH40Kesque evil vs evil thing. Also, map?

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Is the '(?)' supposed to be there, or is that a mistaken leftover from the editing process?
It's supposed to be there, it's used by the author to indicate that the Duke of Brunswick was still uncertain about what his new state would be called--most authors would just use the final name, but this one is canny enough to realise that that would not only be anachronistic but would send the wrong impression about the Duke's motivations, which evolve over the course of the war.

Well that and I don't want to give it away yet to you chaps ;)

You know, while Czechmate is certainly a strong title (as awful puns go), you still missed a great opportunity by not focusing more on Xavier Albert's perspective.

It could have been: Czech Yourself, Before You Rex Yourself.

Alas.

Thande

Donor
You know, while Czechmate is certainly a strong title (as awful puns go), you still missed a great opportunity by not focusing more on Xavier Albert's perspective.

It could have been: Czech Yourself, Before You Rex Yourself.

Alas.

You're lucky I didn't go for some variation on Bohemian Rhapsody.

Status
Not open for further replies.