Had an idea, decided to map, whoever can guess the POD gets a virtual cookie
Unthinkable_World_1965-min.png

The Unthinkable is a hint. So is the fragmented USSR and the intact prewar Germany.

The Wallies went with Project Unthinkable. Which could be thinkable only if the entire Nazi high command got killed and the coup plotters weren't genocidal maniacs themselves.

I'll say the POD is a very successful Valkyrie plot.

Hard to see the smaller details on a phone.

Also looks like there's no Kuwait, and Britain has a major chunk of the Middle East but not Iran/Persia.

The Unthinkable is a hint. So is the fragmented USSR and the intact prewar Germany.

The Wallies went with Project Unthinkable. Which could be thinkable only if the entire Nazi high command got killed and the coup plotters weren't genocidal maniacs themselves.

Must be earlier POD. Ireland is still part of Britain, France is occupying parts of Spain and Philippines seems being still part of USA what seems unlikely with WW2 POD. POD probably is before WW1. I guess that 1905 Revolution goes out of hands. But evne that not really explain everything like German and Finnish borders. They hardly would lost these places on such scenario where probably wouldn't be WW1 at all or it would be very different.

That doesn't really explain how come France's annexed Aragon, or why Southern Azerbaijan is independent, or why Bhutan was annexed by India, or why Hainan is independent but Taiwan isn't.

French Catalonia is a hard one to explain, especially since so many of the other borders point to a post WW1 pod.

Not sure this is the most efficient way to respond, but here are the answers
Nope, it's Operation Unthinkable and run-away Red Scare
But Ireland is part of the UK here, which suggests a pre-1916 POD.
Nope, they took it back as part of US's blank cheque to colonialism in order to prevent Communism
Must be earlier POD. Ireland is still part of Britain, France is occupying parts of Spain and Philippines seems being still part of USA what seems unlikely with WW2 POD. POD probably is before WW1. I guess that 1905 Revolution goes out of hands. But evne that not really explain everything like German and Finnish borders. They hardly would lost these places on such scenario where probably wouldn't be WW1 at all or it would be very different.
Germany retained some conquered lands for their cooperation in the Operation and War.
That doesn't really explain how come France's annexed Aragon, or why Southern Azerbaijan is independent, or why Bhutan was annexed by India, or why Hainan is independent but Taiwan isn't.
France gained Aragon in the 'March on Madrid' of 1949, to dismantle Franco's Fascism. Southern Azerbaijan is not independent, it is a British puppet. Mao eventually lost the war and ran away to Hainan, they fortified the island so much that they were left alone but blockaded. Taiwan is part of the Republic of China, which won with direct Allies assistance.

Not sure this is the most efficient way to respond, but here are the answers

1. Not way that Germany could keep these borders after WW2. Allies have zero will to award Germans. Or evben if they want not enforce Oder-Neisse border Germany wouldn't be allowed to keep regions conquered after rise of Hitler and East Prussia would be given to Poland.

2. That not make any sense. Britain wouldn't want take Ireland back. And Ireland wouldn't want in any case return back to British rule. Never. And was there even any believeable Communist party? And why USA suddenly would support such politics? Indeed, not sense.

3. Like I already said, this is not going to happen. Perhaps Germany is allowed to keep pre-Nazi borders minus East Prussia if Allies are in good mood.

4. I can't see Allies bothering with Franco. And even if Spain is invaded I doubt that France would want chunks of Catalans and Spaniards. Rest might be fine altough I am not completely sure. But Hainan probably should collapse soon.

1. Not way that Germany could keep these borders after WW2. Allies have zero will to award Germans. Or evben if they want not enforce Oder-Neisse border Germany wouldn't be allowed to keep regions conquered after rise of Hitler and East Prussia would be given to Poland.

2. That not make any sense. Britain wouldn't want take Ireland back. And Ireland wouldn't want in any case return back to British rule. Never. And was there even any believeable Communist party? And why USA suddenly would support such politics? Indeed, not sense.

3. Like I already said, this is not going to happen. Perhaps Germany is allowed to keep pre-Nazi borders minus East Prussia if Allies are in good mood.

4. I can't see Allies bothering with Franco. And even if Spain is invaded I doubt that France would want chunks of Catalans and Spaniards. Rest might be fine altough I am not completely sure. But Hainan probably should collapse soon.
Agreed on all fronts, this is 52% ASB, 17% Real History and the rest just my own desires

And a united Yugoslavia in 1954 borders with Istria ?
Poland lost the same Eastern territory as OTL ?
Germany keeps the Sudetenland ?
Imagine you have an existential was against communism as Britain and US and France and you squander forces to occupy a conservative Catholic country like Ireland or Spain.
And as France postwar you have nothing better to do than take the burden of 15 million hostile Spaniards in a dirtpoor country ravaged by war….

Silly in many respects. For one thing, if WW II segues into US/UK defeat of the USSR, then Communism is dead, and Red is not very scary anymore. Also, the horrors of Stalinist Communism would be revealed and publicized, further discrediting Red.

Furthermore, decolonization was coming even before WW II. If anything, Communism and the USSR delayed decolonization because decolonization became associated with that hostile ideology and Great Power.

And a united Yugoslavia in 1954 borders with Istria ?
Poland lost the same Eastern territory as OTL ?
Germany keeps the Sudetenland ?
Imagine you have an existential was against communism as Britain and US and France and you squander forces to occupy a conservative Catholic country like Ireland or Spain.
And as France postwar you have nothing better to do than take the burden of 15 million hostile Spaniards in a dirtpoor country ravaged by war….
Yugoslavia was preserved to prevent communist descendants
Germany was allowed to keep some of the conquered lands because they helped take on the USSR
Spain was dismantled after the USSR was squarely dealt with
That land was vacated by 'Operation Salted Lands' aimed at Spanish infrastracture, which caused most of Argon populace to leave or eat ammonium

Silly in many respects. For one thing, if WW II segues into US/UK defeat of the USSR, then Communism is dead, and Red is not very scary anymore. Also, the horrors of Stalinist Communism would be revealed and publicized, further discrediting Red.

Furthermore, decolonization was coming even before WW II. If anything, Communism and the USSR delayed decolonization because decolonization became associated with that hostile ideology and Great Power.
While Hanoi is the last bastion of Communism, Sensationalism and Paranoia made the Red Ghost far scarier than the Red Menace ever was

That land was vacated by 'Operation Salted Lands' aimed at Spanish infrastracture, which caused most of Argon populace to leave or eat ammonium

I'll have you know that ammonium is perfectly nutritious for Argon-based lifeforms.