Map Continuation 3 - Flags, Crests, Emblems,...

I'd prefer, if it's possible, to have these designs include the Tiranach flag in the canton, like the other colonies have.

NovaCaledonia-1.png

Nova Caledonia. Located in OTL Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia's flag is an inverted Scottish flag. Thus, I made the red lion of Scotland gold/yellow for this.

NovoArmorica.png

Nova Armorica. Adapted from Anguila's coat of arms and swapped the dolphins for a Celtic/Gaelic symbol. Thought it was suitable due to its location in the Carribbean.

TiranachSomalia.png

Tiranach Somalia. Emblem comes from the British Somaliland flag.

TMGuinea.png

Guinea - The Seashell shows the country's location in West Africa. Idea came from Guinea-Bissau's coat of arms.

Last edited:
Oooo, nice. Where are the colours derived from/what do the colours represent?

Well, the flag part of the flag is one I designed last year for the Federation of Italy, and I think the colors are derived from the Papacy (gold, silver) and Rome/Byzantium (red). (The Kingdom is aware of the historical greek presence on the peninsula.)

I'm not entirely sure of the exact symbolism, really. I'll come up with something...

I posted this in the Roundels thread, too, but may as well put it here. Do our countries have air forces? Planes, dirigibles? If so, here's the main marking for Geisebai's aircraft.

Geisebai roundel.PNG

I posted this in the Roundels thread, too, but may as well put it here. Do our countries have air forces? Planes, dirigibles? If so, here's the main marking for Geisebai's aircraft.

Nice roundel.

If we have planes, dirigibles are probably only used for searching the skies over cities. I would think of them as a combination of lookout post and aerial AA platforms. It is just too easy for planes to knock them down in an actual combat situation.

Now I could see them still in civilian use a transport.

Deleted member 4898

The Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom of Scotland and Ireland.

SCOA-2.png

dflv.png

This is my design for Bavaria-Swabia's new flag, considering the blue lozenges weren't officiated until after the POD, plus, Bavaria's history changed so much in our version of history that the flag had to evolve with it.

The black and yellow come from the colours of Swabia, and the colours of the Palatinate (which were found on the Wittelsbach heraldry - ruling house of Bavaria). The red/white is from the heraldry of Franconia (encompassed within Bavaria) and the diamond shape is my homage to the lozenges OTL.

I also like how I've managed to create a recognizable icon to be associated with Bavaria-Swabia in the diamond. ;)

The arms of the Nahua Republic. The Royal crown has been replaced by a mural crown embellished with quetzal feathers, which were present in the headgear worn by the old tlatoque. The Royal motto of "God, King, and Country" has been replaced by a Nahuatl motto meaning "Peace and Prosperity."

And now for the flag of the Nahua Republic. The green and white of the old bicolor have been added to the red banner of revolt along with the state arms to create the nation's new flag.