Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently watched Dawn of the Dead (1978), the film takes place a few weeks after Night of the Living Dead. I also read a bit into World War Z and watched a video by Austin (formerly from Shoddycast, now game theorists) positing that if a zombie plague broke out in America (note that his theory takes place in a world where we don't have zombie media like we do today), we would be pretty screwed; the US becomes undead hell within 40 days.
So, I'm thinking of creating a timeline where an outbreak occurs and would like some suggestions where it should start, how long would it take for it spread globally, how fast it spreads and how the world responds to the coming apocalypse.

Some Rules:
The zombies are classic Romero-style shamblers; can barely use tools, pure instinct, the brain needs to be destroyed to kill them
Going by the Zombie Survival Guide, the zombie pathogen spreads via direct fluidic contact, e.g. saliva and blood (if someone were to brush their wounds against an undead's)
The pathogen doesn't reanimate animals
reanimation might take place between 20 minutes to 4 hours after death
the POD for the timeline must take place between 2000 to 2017.

Some advice would be appreciated on how I should structure and improve this timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.