Your Ideal South America Borders?

I Could see Chile in a confederate union with Peru OR Argentina with only minors problems.

But Chile without Valdivia and Chiloe? it´s almost impossible, until 1826 these places were the last bastion of the Spanish Crown in Chile. The conquest of these territories was fundamental to ensure Chile and Argentina Independence, so the Second thing a independent Chile does (the first is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberating_Expedition_of_Peru) is the conquest of the island.
The island never was proper Mapuche Territory and was Part of the Spanish Territory from 1567 onward, well before the Colonial period of Chile(Circa 1600-1800) so the maps were Chile don´t have the island are a little bizarre for my taste.
The same with the City of Valdivia Founded in 1552 by Pedro de Valdivia, Destroyed in 1599 and Build Again in 1645, was of fundamental importance on the defense as the southern most enclave of the Virreinato del Peru, from there the Spanish attack the Mapuche Territory, and most of the land south of Valdivia and the Calle Calle River was considered "pacified" with a "camino real" Build in 1784 to connect the city of Valdivia with Chiloe and foment the settlement of the zone. Valdivia was conquered from Spain to Chile in 1820, there is no way Chile don´t have at least OTL Regions of Los Rios y Los Lagos.

As this is the situation i also see little possibility to be a a Independent Mapuche country in the Biobio and Araucania Territories, especially beacuses is surrounded with a country that is cut in half by these terrritories

The Patagonia could or not be Chilean Territories

I've always liked these two maps, found on Deviant Art:
south_america___alternate_map_by_leoninia-d6emhee.png

Source: https://leoninia.deviantart.com/art/South-America-alternate-map-387360662

alternate_south_america___1950_by_enannglenn-d45r5w9.png

Source: https://enannglenn.deviantart.com/art/Alternate-South-America-1950-251530137

View attachment 352052

Work in progress (for several months)
Trasandino, Amazon, Peru-Bolivia are federal republics
Colombia, Oriental and Paraguay are unitary republics
Imperio de Brazil a monarchy[

No way Pernambuco would be parte of Amazona,either go it Alone or together with the empire of Brazil,se had no link e North!Besides Pernambuco revolted many times to get independence, and suffered accordingly,as losing more than halfd of it's territory!

Most of it should be kept the same, but:

Merge Guyana/Suriname/French Guiana into one country
Merge Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay into one country and add Bolivia's Tarija Region to it
Las Malvinas son Argentinas
Give Bolivia the Chilean port of Arica, or otherwise merge it with Peru
Partition the Peruvian Loreto Region between Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia. Colombia gets north of the Napo River and Ecuador gets the parts west/north of the Amazon and Maranon, and Peru gets the rest
Panama remains part of Colombia

This might be a bit ASB, but I'd also like a reformed Mapuche nation in southern Chile and Argentina. Maybe somehow the Mapuche reform, centralise, and adopt European technology, and recover from the epidemics to dominate the region? I'm not sure how possible such a thing was with the Mapuche, though.

Falklands being the Falklands and if preferable elect one of the 650*, or a wider British Patagonia settled largely by the Celts** but who remain somewhat more akin to Newfoundland, maybe even down to being annexed directly after a referendum or that annex the Falklands if they don't elect to the 650. Bonus points if this Patagonia includes parts of both modern Chile and Argentina. Mega-Brazil, united Guyana dominion under the British after Napoleonic shenanigans or world war hi-jinks. Gran Columbia and Andean United Republic. Oh, and obviously Uruguay as part of Brazil and no Bolivia or Paraguay.

*Butterflies are obviously dying by the bucketloads, but the phrase was used to be better understood.
** Obviously we know know the Celts aren't really a cultural group per say in actuality, but they consider themselves joined and so that's who I'm plying by this. Largely the Welsh as OTL but with a proportion of the Highland Scots and Irish who went to America IOTL.

Falklands being the Falklands and if preferable elect one of the 650*, or a wider British Patagonia settled largely by the Celts** but who remain somewhat more akin to Newfoundland, maybe even down to being annexed directly after a referendum or that annex the Falklands if they don't elect to the 650. Bonus points if this Patagonia includes parts of both modern Chile and Argentina. Mega-Brazil, united Guyana dominion under the British after Napoleonic shenanigans or world war hi-jinks. Gran Columbia and Andean United Republic. Oh, and obviously Uruguay as part of Brazil and no Bolivia or Paraguay.

*Butterflies are obviously dying by the bucketloads, but the phrase was used to be better understood.
** Obviously we know know the Celts aren't really a cultural group per say in actuality, but they consider themselves joined and so that's who I'm plying by this. Largely the Welsh as OTL but with a proportion of the Highland Scots and Irish who went to America IOTL.

A Celtic dominated Patagonia or "Cambria" would be an interesting alternative for the British in South America, especially in a scenario where the US manages to annex Canada with the British essentially making "Cambria" a South American Celtic ATL-Canada of sorts.

I would avoid the destabilizing Latin American wars of independence. The regimes that came afterwards weren’t a great deal more free than Spain. Eventually, after a revolution across the Spanish Empire, Latin America is turned into a number of democratic republics associated with Spain proper.

As for Brazil, I would avoid the fall of the monarchy and the rise of the so-called First Republic, and then I would then have the monarchy peacefully come down after a referendum down the line.

Swap Argentinean and Brazilian stability in the mid 19th century with the former *aggressively* expansionist and the latter unable to stop it. Paraguay and Uruguay become Argentinian (in all but name?) as Chile, Peru, and Bolivia sign a treaty of cooperation against the threat of a strong Buenos Aires. An ATL ABC war here results in Argentina dominating the continent, drawing the attention of Europe and the US. Brazil fractures while Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela find themselves bombarded with anti-Western propaganda: the chant of 'pluma o plata' becomes a rallying cry as Buenos Aires secures most of South America for herself by 1995.

A slight quibble: the city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 by the Brazilian government, so it would not exist in 1950, and it's doubtful that this rump Brazil would have had the resources and funds to construct a whole new capital for itself as OTL Brazil did.