WI: USA-Mexican Dual Monarchy?

I’ve seen various speculations on the topic of monarchist USA and alternative possible fates for Mexico & US, but I’ve never seen something like this brought up:

1) POD #1: USA chooses to become/remain a monarchy in the aftermath of the American Revolutionary War. If there is still a need to choose a leader through elections, let’s say the Founding Fatheres look to the H.R.E. for inspiration and choose the king via an election system.

2) POD #2: Sometime after Mexico wins its independence from Spain and forms the First Mexican Empire the leaders of USA & Mexico choose to join their 2 nations in a dual monarchy like the OTL Austria-Hungary. This mean he they have a joint foreign policy and same head of state but the international workings of each realm is independent.

How would this impact development of USA and Mexico’s?
How would this impact the foreign relations of USA-Mexico vis-a-vis the Great Powers?
What impact will this have on Anglo settlement of Mexican lands?
Are USA & Mexico better off or worse under this arrangement than their OTL counterparts?

Philip

Donor
I can not see the motivation for either of these. It is difficult to predict what will happen after without understanding what happened before.

Wouldn't America being predominantly Protestant and Mexico being predominantly (if not entirely) Catholic (at least on paper) be an issue? I mean, before Kennedy was elected, someone told him that if he ever wanted to get into the White House, he'd have to change his religion (Catholicism) first.

I’ve seen various speculations on the topic of monarchist USA and alternative possible fates for Mexico & US, but I’ve never seen something like this brought up:

1) POD #1: USA chooses to become/remain a monarchy in the aftermath of the American Revolutionary War. If there is still a need to choose a leader through elections, let’s say the Founding Fatheres look to the H.R.E. for inspiration and choose the king via an election system.

2) POD #2: Sometime after Mexico wins its independence from Spain and forms the First Mexican Empire the leaders of USA & Mexico choose to join their 2 nations in a dual monarchy like the OTL Austria-Hungary. This mean he they have a joint foreign policy and same head of state but the international workings of each realm is independent.

How would this impact development of USA and Mexico’s?
How would this impact the foreign relations of USA-Mexico vis-a-vis the Great Powers?
What impact will this have on Anglo settlement of Mexican lands?
Are USA & Mexico better off or worse under this arrangement than their OTL counterparts?
Maybe an earlier founding of the United States with a Stuart lead rebellion. The Stuarts establish themselves as as kings of the ( also called)United States , Catholics gain a strong influence with many Catholics immigrants immigrating. Mexico rebels against Spain later on, a Stuart takes the throne. Eventually the monarchies are united under one Stuart king.

Remember Mexico-America would be under a Real Union meaning commen army and foreign policy but every thing else completely separate.

Vuu

Banned
You gotta make it much, much more different from the start. Maybe Brits get screwed insanely and the US becomes part of New Spain and take it from there.

The biggest problem is that the USA is a white, protestant nation, and Mexico is a mestizo catholic one

Maoistic

Banned
Britain burns Washington D.C. again and then balkanises both, with the help of France who actually invaded Mexico in reality.