WI: Queen Elizabeth I and William the Silent Marry?

otl, queen Elizabeth never married, leading to the country going to the protestant James VI becoming James I of England. But a union of England and the Netherlands has always fascinated me, given that they're the two richest parts of northern Europe since the decline of the Hansa. Perhaps one of the first instances this would be possible was the Dutch Revolt and William the Silent as a suitor for the Gloriana. But William was catholic (I think this is part of why London kept her support for the Dutchman tacit), though he'd been raised a protestant early on. So, in a world where William never abandons Protestantism but still rises to prominence in the dutch revolt, could Elizabeth be persuaded to take his hand in marriage? what would become of Britain in this scenario? would they become too entangled in the dutch revolt to start toeing into America? or would the formal support of the English navy (perhaps this marriage is after the Spanish armada) be enough to formally oust spain from the region decades early?

Perhaps one of the first instances this would be possible was the Dutch Revolt and William the Silent as a suitor for the Gloriana. But William was catholic (I think this is part of why London kept her support for the Dutchman tacit), though he'd been raised a protestant early on. So, in a world where William never abandons Protestantism but still rises to prominence in the dutch revolt,
Think you've got the last part about Willem's religion backwards. And Liz didn't want to get openly involved because she didn't want a war with Spain.
could Elizabeth be persuaded to take his hand in marriage?
Question is WHEN said marriage would happen? Willem never proposed to her OTL. And it was Willem's first marriage that made him THE Mmost prominent landowner in the Netherlands once the Comte d'Egmont was executed.

Lets look at dates:
Willem's first marriage was in 1551 (during Edward VI's rule) and while the Lord Protector of England was angling for a French match for Liz - either with the duc de Guise's brother or the duke of Ferrara.
Things hadn't yet turned to custard in the Netherlands, so Willem is unlikely to be considered.
Willem's first wife died in 1558, and he remarried in 1561 to Anna of Saxony. This wasn't unusual, since Willem's brother was married to a Princess of the Palatinate and the comtesse d'Egmont was a Pfalz Wittelsbach too.
Willem divorcing Anna for adultery would CERTAINLY give Elizabeth BAD flashbacks of her dad. It certainly gave Kristina of Denmark those when Willem propsed to her younger daughter Dorothée.
That takes you back to 1561. When the revolt hadn't started yet and Willem seems a poor choice when measured up against the Tsar of Russia and the kings of Denmark and Sweden.
Not to mention that, as a Spanish subject of Felipe II, Willem would need Felipe to sign off on the marriage.
In 1561 Felipe is still angling to wed Liz to either D. Carlos or an Austrian cousin.

The other problem is that after 1567, Willem's father to TWO sons. Which means there's little chance of a son by Elizabeth continuing the union.

or would the formal support of the English navy (perhaps this marriage is after the Spanish armada)
The Armada is in 1588, four years AFTER William the Silent was assassinated. Elizabeth is 55yo by that point, her still being able to have kids is a legal hypothetical exercise (the fertile octagenarian) rather than anything likely.

William was widowed in 1558 and didn’t remarry until 1561, so those three years are the best time to make the marriage happen, the question is how?

Isn't Willem of Orange as a count of Nassau and prince of Orange too low to marry a queen?

Also about his religion, he was born a lutheran, than converted to catholisism to become prince of Orange and than converted to Calvinism to be able to lead the Dutch revolt.

Isn't Willem of Orange as a count of Nassau and prince of Orange too low to marry a queen?
Karl V thought that his cousin was too low to marry Kristina of Denmark, so I'd say so.

William was widowed in 1558 and didn’t remarry until 1561, so those three years are the best time to make the marriage happen, the question is how?
As I pointed out, during that time, he was still a Netherlander subject of the Spanish king, Felipe II was looking for Liz to marry Carlos or an Austrian Habsburg cousin during that time frame. I DOUBT he'll sign off on Willem's marriage and if he DOESN'T Willem forfeits his lands and is declared an outlaw. In which casez what value does he give Elizabeth.

Willem only has value AFTER the Dutch Revolt kicks off. Before that, Elizabeth marrying him is like Victoria marrying a rich American. There's no point in the match

Karl V thought that his cousin was too low to marry Kristina of Denmark, so I'd say so.

As I pointed out, during that time, he was still a Netherlander subject of the Spanish king, Felipe II was looking for Liz to marry Carlos or an Austrian Habsburg cousin during that time frame. I DOUBT he'll sign off on Willem's marriage and if he DOESN'T Willem forfeits his lands and is declared an outlaw. In which casez what value does he give Elizabeth.

Willem only has value AFTER the Dutch Revolt kicks off. Before that, Elizabeth marrying him is like Victoria marrying a rich American. There's no point in the match
I see, the marriages has to happen in the 1560s to have the best chances of them marrying and producing children.

I don't think that marriage was ever considered because of the things that were already mentioned. If you want an anglo-dutch union then an alternate timeline where William and Mary have children would work much better. Or even one where Elizabeth I is more involved with the Dutch revolt and becomes Queen of the Netherlands (iirc, this almost happened in otl).

Victoria marrying a rich American. There's no point in the match
This has nothing to do with the thread but now I want a light-hearted, humorous timeline where this happens that mostly focuses on Victoria's American husband not understanding court etiquette which leads to misunderstandings and shenanigans.