WI: Constans II dies at the Battle of the Masts?

The Battle of the Masts was one of the most pivotal and disastrous naval battles in Byzantine history. Most of the 500 ships were destroyed in a day, and it proved the mettle of the Muslims on the seas. Emperor Constans II barely escaped by trading clothes with another man and being disguised as a commoner. What if he had died that day, either being captured by the Arab armies, crashing and sinking to the bottom of the ocean, or simply dying from wounds? How does this affect the First Fitna? Does Constantine IV assume the throne earlier than OTL? Could we see a civil war? How does the Rashidun caliphate take advantage? Does the Theme system still get implemented? How do the Slavs and Lombards take advantage?

Honestly, Constans II was brilliant and energetic and probably the brightest star of the entire damn dynasty. I'd rank him higher than his grandfather in terms of suitability for the office of emperor, even if Heraclius was a bit better strategically speaking and had the devil's own luck at times.

Constantine IV seemed to lack the willingness to go all in on stuff that Constans II did, and wasn't as administratively savvy nor as capable.

G-d, the empire is gonna get fucked hard.

Admittedly, this is the 7th century so that'd kinda be par for the course.

The Battle of the Masts was one of the most pivotal and disastrous naval battles in Byzantine history. Most of the 500 ships were destroyed in a day, and it proved the mettle of the Muslims on the seas. Emperor Constans II barely escaped by trading clothes with another man and being disguised as a commoner. What if he had died that day, either being captured by the Arab armies, crashing and sinking to the bottom of the ocean, or simply dying from wounds? How does this affect the First Fitna? Does Constantine IV assume the throne earlier than OTL? Could we see a civil war? How does the Rashidun caliphate take advantage? Does the Theme system still get implemented? How do the Slavs and Lombards take advantage?
The Rashidun might try to push an Early Siege of Constantinople now

The Fitna depend. by sheer butterflies and need of everyoe might be delayed to butterfly away, as capturing or killing Constants is a massive prestige win for Uthman

There's a lot of different accounts of the battle, but it looks like it was a very winnable battle for Constans, who by most accounts had a significant numerical superiority and in sailing experience but who allowed it to become a land battle at sea. What if he'd won?

Honestly, Constans II was brilliant and energetic and probably the brightest star of the entire damn dynasty. I'd rank him higher than his grandfather in terms of suitability for the office of emperor, even if Heraclius was a bit better strategically speaking and had the devil's own luck at times.

Constantine IV seemed to lack the willingness to go all in on stuff that Constans II did, and wasn't as administratively savvy nor as capable.

G-d, the empire is gonna get fucked hard.

Admittedly, this is the 7th century so that'd kinda be par for the course.
eh... i still say Heraclius from 622 to 627 did really good , constantine IV was a realist he figured that well keep what you have and i will say he was more militarly capbale than his father and was smart enough to keep his father ide

well if the first fitna still occurs the empire will be giving breathing room constantine IV is only 3 in 655 and would only except some regent to take power and or a civil war .

eh... i still say Heraclius from 622 to 627 did really good , constantine IV was a realist he figured that well keep what you have and i will say he was more militarly capbale than his father and was smart enough to keep his father ide
Yes but the issue is that Constantine IV wouldn't have come to the same conclusions Constans II did, and likely isn't instituting the same reforms Constans II would have. And those helped massively.