Which timeline should I write?

Which timeline would you like to see

• Of Gods and Kings (Heraclius fails)

• The Nikoliad (Nikolaos Kanabos wins)

• Philanthropenos TL #12 (Philanthropenos never revolts)

• The Undying Empire (Trapezuntine Empire survives past 1461)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello, all

A few days ago, I ended my most recent timeline (Byzantium's Resurrection) due to a number of critical research failures that I had made in its production. Don't use Wikipedia as your main source, fyi. That's left me without an outlet for my creative energies, and I'd like to get back to work on a timeline. I'm indecisive as ever, however, and so I'm asking you, the potential audience, to decide which one of these four stories I should write.
  • Of Gods and Kings: Due to changes in the Persian command structure, the Sassanian armies are much more aggressive in their campaign in Syria and Anatolia. In 612, the Persians and Romans meet in a pitched battle, and at the apex of the battle Heraclius is killed by a stray arrow. The Roman army, at this point the last in the world, shatters. The Persians take the capital and install pseudo-Theodosios on the throne, leaving Heraclius' cousin Niketas to continue resistance to Persian rule from Carthage....
  • The Nikoliad: In 1204, as an army of Crusaders camped outside of the capital, the senate and people of Constantinople elected a minor nobleman named Nikolaos Kanabos as emperor. OTL, Kanabos refused the crown and took shelter in the Hagia Sophia before being executed by Alexios V. But what if he hadn't? With the backing of the city's people he could have very well organized a defense superior to that of Alexios V....
  • Philanthropenos TL #12: What if Alexios Philanthropenos hadn't revolted and had continued in Imperial service? (To be honest, I'm not too enthused about this one but hey, if y'all want it....)
  • The Undying Empire: The Trapezuntine Empire, isolated as it was on the far end of the Black Sea, outlived the Byzantine Empire itself by several years. Historically, the fall of the city to the Ottomans was a very close-run thing, with the Trapezuntines only surrendering after David Megalokomnenos lost his spirit. What if they had held out for longer, and the Turks had withdrawn?

Also, if any of you have your own ideas for a timeline you'd like to se me do, you're more than welcome to comment or DM me.

The Undying Empire sounds awesome, i always love the story of an underdog and i cant find that many Trapezuntine timelines

I like Irans so the first one. Imagine if the Arabs take Iran proper, so you end up with an Iranian empire based on Constantinople, and a Roman empire based on Carthage.

I would be very interested to read any of these ideas, but personally I'm finding myself partial to exploring the one about Trebizond since it's such an interesting place. Whatever ends up being chosen, I'm looking forward to it!

CastilloVerde

Gone Fishin'
I like Of Gods and Kings and The Undying Empire the best. Roman Empire in Carthage sounds very ironic and Trebizond as the last Roman Empire is also interesting. Though I would read all four of them.

Alright, it's been a couple hours since a new vote has been cast for any of them other than The Undying Empire. As The Undying Empire has the largest share of the votes, I am declaring it the official victor.

I hope to have the first chapter out by tomorrow, but failing that it'll be out on the 1st. See you then!

Alright, it's been a couple hours since a new vote has been cast for any of them other than The Undying Empire. As The Undying Empire has the largest share of the votes, I am declaring it the official victor
Please make Of God and Kings after The Undying Empire, it's an awesome concept!