When could an independent/unified Ireland happened?

So far the consensus seems to be it either wasn’t going to form due to the issues that existed with Ireland’s infrastructure/government. Or that a longer lived Brian and his family would’ve been the best shot.

So if they couldn’t unify before the normans decided that Ireland was free realestate when could ireland have gained independence afterwards?
Well the best option after the normans would be probably be under Hugh O'Neill and the Spanish. Maybe Edward Bruce but the previous seems much more plausible.

What @RedKing said. They would still be submitting to an English ruler.
Even if you regard a British ceremonial monarch as being "ruled by the English" (something I'd question - I don't know that Canada and Australia are ruled by the English), once the country becomes independence in practical governance, it can always vote to become a republic a few decades later.

Which ones though? After James they're essentially British, Dutch, German, before becoming British again. Elisabeth Tudor was the last English Monarch of Ireland and her dad might best be described as AngloWelsh.
Still the same to the irish. Still a foreign, Protestant ruler who’s the king/queen of Great Britain.

Even if you regard a British ceremonial monarch as being "ruled by the English" (something I'd question - I don't know that Canada and Australia are ruled by the English), once the country becomes independence in practical governance, it can always vote to become a republic a few decades later.
Even if the act of Union of 1800 never happened wouldn’t they still be a client of GB? Regardless, it’s not full independence.

So the Irish Protestants don't/didn't exist then?
If you're not going to be even vaguely aware of the actual history of Ireland be careful of making assumptions.
I know they exist, where did I say they didn’t? What I mean is Ireland would still be under the yoke of a foreign ruler in Great Britain, doesn’t matter if they’re British, Dutch, or German. My initial question was about Ireland when/if Ireland could unify or when it could declare independence. I got my answers, I just didn’t feel that avoiding the 1800 act of Union counts because it still has the King/Queen of Great Britain ruling Ireland.

I know they exist, where did I say they didn’t? What I mean is Ireland would still be under the yoke of a foreign ruler in Great Britain, doesn’t matter if they’re British, Dutch, or German. My initial question was about Ireland when/if Ireland could unify or when it could declare independence. I got my answers, I just didn’t feel that avoiding the 1800 act of Union counts because it still has the King/Queen of Great Britain ruling Ireland.
At the risk of skirting current politics, there is nothing about sharing a monarch with Britain that prevents the likes of Canada, Australia or New Zealand from being independent.

The issue being that you've assumed a ruler of Great Britain is automatically foreign to Ireland, ditto Protestant, and you've equated that with being English, yet you make no reference to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc as having the same issue when other posters bring it up so I've no idea what you would count as natively Irish. Do Catholic Hiberno-Normans count? What about Gaels from Scotland? What about independence, would a Protestant led Parliament with a Protestant monarch count as independent enough? That's almost what you had OTL before the 1800 union just with a nonEnglish monarch who also ruled Great Britain

I though Brian Boru by the time he died was pretty darn old anyway? What would a few more years do for Ireland anyway?

And he did have quite a few sons and grandsons, so why didn't they continue his rule over Ireland?

There were a few like Wolfe Tone who opposed British rule to be fair.
Of course, and you've got those in Britain in favour of a Home Rule act too. It's whether an Irish Parliament with a shared monarch is considered independent enough.
Personally, considering why Henry II ended up granted Ireland in the first place (to prevent a powerbase for his Anglo-Norman vassals outside his control) we're looking at a POD after the Normans.
A crown for John might be the best bet.

I though Brian Boru by the time he died was pretty darn old anyway? What would a few more years do for Ireland anyway?
A chance for Ireland to be ruled by one King for a few years and formalise succession.
And he did have quite a few sons and grandsons, so why didn't they continue his rule over Ireland?
Because Brian's rival was able to take the High King back and the eldest and most capable son died during the Battle of Clontarf.

A crown for John might be the best bet.
John Lackland, as in John I? He'd probably be overthrown very quickly if he is the same guy as in OTL. Maybe Henry Fitzroy is made King of Ireland as it was floated around in OTL.
Of course, and you've got those in Britain in favour of a Home Rule act too. It's whether an Irish Parliament with a shared monarch is considered independent enough.
Personally, considering why Henry II ended up granted Ireland in the first place (to prevent a powerbase for his Anglo-Norman vassals outside his control) we're looking at a POD after the Normans.
Eh, I think Brian Boru is just as good a POD. He had a lot of the Chieftains behind him.

As far as I know the best candidate was Murchad and Donnacaha . Murchad seemed to be the more suitable choice. Due to him being the experienced warrior and diplomat. If rebellions popped up during his reign he would easily crush them.