I know that these commandos are probably doomed, but I'm hoping that they can hold out long enough into WWII that the Neutrality Pact can stabilize the Cuban situation and create a Second Cuban Republic as a staging ground for a future three-pronged invasion of Florida, Louisiana, and Texas. It would be ironic for Steele to face a Barbarossa style attack on American soil during the World War, and maybe the South Americans could seize on the opportunity to try and resurrect the Southron Confederacy idea as a puppet state. Maybe the Confederacy could survive as a North Korea-like state in East Florida.
640px-Naval_Jack_of_Cuba.svg.png

Flag of the Second Cuban Republic
469px-Ronald_Reagan_in_the_US_Army_Air_Force_1940s.jpg

His Most Serene Excellency and President for Life, Ronald Reagan.

csa2.png

Flag of the Southron Confederacy (East Florida)

AHE

Gone Fishin'
I know that these commandos are probably doomed, but I'm hoping that they can hold out long enough into WWII that the Neutrality Pact can stabilize the Cuban situation and create a Second Cuban Republic as a staging ground for a future three-pronged invasion of Florida, Louisiana, and Texas. It would be ironic for Steele to face a Barbarossa style attack on American soil during the World War, and maybe the South Americans could seize on the opportunity to try and resurrect the Southron Confederacy idea as a puppet state. Maybe the Confederacy could survive as a North Korea-like state in East Florida.
640px-Naval_Jack_of_Cuba.svg.png

Flag of the Second Cuban Republic
469px-Ronald_Reagan_in_the_US_Army_Air_Force_1940s.jpg

View attachment 497281
Flag of the Southron Confederacy (East Florida)

That would be epic, but yea II'm betting that it probably wouldn't happen. If it did (or if they just managed to revive Cuba) and they lose Panama, the RU would be fucked

Setting an "example" that encourages ORRA men to die uselessly instead of bringing valuable info to HQ? And in a war where all useful infrastructure is probably going to be destroyed at the outset, leaving behind thick jungle that slows land travel and blocks air surveillance? This is the stuff that defeat is made of, Jansen-- I sure hope no ambitious underlings do unto him as he did unto McClellan. Steele might have a different conception of "resignation" than the dying Custer, after all.

A pity that this revolution gambit can't be repeated anywhere else, though, if Cuba is the only zone of concentrated Inferior populations left. Though as for this revolt some interesting patterns seem to be emerging:
1. If the Pact's men are using Spanish, and Infees of all ethncites know a bit of Spanish (I guess there really were too many Mexicans to kill in just one Immolation, or maybe these are native Caribbeans?), they'll probably use that as the pan-Revolt language of communication from here on out. Meaning that Cuba will be, for however long the revolt lasts, a Spanish-speaking country again. That's probably the biggest insult you could deal the RU, and perhaps something to note for any Mexican exiles.
2. Right now I think paratrooper and worker alike desperately need food, water, and rest; I hope the Camp's stores have enough. But after that, we're looking at some guys who've been trained to work hours of labor while starving and thirsty. They'll make some lean, mean (perhaps too much of both) guerrillas, and maybe some of the smarter cookies in the RU will realize how counterproductive New Slavery was from its very inception.
3. I'm guessing that the Infees who still remember the revolutionary ideologies of their fathers will achieve some recognition, and their recollections of the independent Communes might gain some acceptance. And not just among the slaves-- I don't think a man among the South Americans will be quite the same by the time they get back home, and they could get up to some interesting antics there.

EDIT: Also, why is Jansen forcing his own views on "ORRA discipline" on Patton's men? Looks like a future trouble spot here.

Last edited:
A pity that this revolution gambit can't be repeated anywhere else, though, if Cuba is the only zone of concentrated Inferior populations left.
They could possibly try furling another revolution in Nippon but I doubt there’s many who remember the old Japanese way of life to fight for it. Maybe they can supply anti-RU movements in the Carolinas? Could keep Gamble’s boys from getting too involved in the war and maybe even draw away RU and ORRA forces to bring their puppet back under control

*cue ending where NUSA rules the world but Carolina has a tiny slice of every continent*

You mean utopia friend?

It'll be a country entirely composed of panhandles and exclaves, bordergore exalted as a guiding national ideology.

Forget national ideology. Bordergore will become part of Carolinian Presbyterianism.

"As that great Cokie preacher, Johnathan Robert William Robertson revealed unto us, it is our nation's divine destiny to plant colonies on every Anglo-Saxon continent, and to do so in such a way that makes the national borders displeasing to witness upon a map."

Semi-related to my plans for the Greater Confederation of Carolinian Bordergore, I really do hope we hear more out of the rest of the Free World soon. Aside from Churchill, we haven't seen anything out of Britain in the 20th century. Australia hasn't really been heard from since Custer. There's been more on Carolina (which pleases me greatly) so I'm not as worried about them although anything you choose to add is always joyous. Plus, I don't know if the Dutch are still Free Worlders or not. If not, I shall proclaim South Africa South Jacksonland by damn!

I'm also especially curious about the State of Lincolnia and whatever the hell is going on over there. I know they're under direct Yankee rule, and that they hate the natives as "pygmiods" or whatever the hell, but I feel like there is room for some changes. I definitely want the Union to find some Africans "Better" and prop up every Idi Amin wannabe from the Congo Basin to the Nile. Of course, many other ethnic and tribal groups are hopelessly miscengated Infees worthy only of fire...

Ronald Reagan being TTL's anti-American Cuban leader is absolutely beautiful, but for it to happen the RU would need to face an actual defeat, and I dont know if they could handle that. Maybe the RU loses Cuba (but treats it simply as rightful territory in temporary rebellion) but gains part of the clod of irradiated, uncolonizable soil that postwar Colombia will be.

EDIT: Wait, if this actually happens then we get the spectacle of Oswald trying to invade Cuba to dislodge Reagan...

Last edited:
Not sure how important Catholicism still is to the Inferiors, but while playing EU4 I saw the flag for Dithmarschen and thought "well that's fitting enough, with some recolors..." And yeah it's a hard design to draw but I'm sure at least somebody on the islands has used stencils to paint designs onto planes or ships before.
upload_2019-10-25_13-50-27.png
I wonder if there'll be any internal tension between the Cubans who are still religious despite all the horror, and the most Illuminist types who see Catholicism, like any other religion, as a tool used to assemble armies and mark out victims-- and if the latter can be further divided into those willing to put the Virgin on a flag out of pragmatism or a simple wish to cover one's bases and reach out to any spirits out there, and those who see even that as going too far.

But then again... for all these disputes over Cuba's course to play out you actually need people in Cuba. I'm pretty sure the people there would rather be anywhere else, even if only to avoid sunburn; they might even try to go back to their ancestral countries.

Last edited:
"My fellow Cubans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw the Republican Union forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."~ Cuban President Ronald Reagan five minutes before the start of the Third Great War

Last edited: