Honestly, I don't know what's more terrifying. Highways, shops and fast foods being twisted Madness-style, or knowing that Chuck Oswald will marry Steele's daughter.

Honestly, I don't know what's more terrifying. Highways, shops and fast foods being twisted Madness-style, or knowing that Chuck Oswald will marry Steele's daughter.

Or the orgasmic effulgent flavor of the meat pucks gracing Oswald's unworthy quivering mouthhole.

*Steele laughs in pocket bacon*

Or the orgasmic effulgent flavor of the meat pucks gracing Oswald's unworthy quivering mouthhole.

*Steele laughs in pocket bacon*
Considering the... ahem, richness of OTL american fast food, my heart hurts just trying to imagine the contents of whatever this insane hyper-version of the US considers acceptable fast food.

I feel dirty just reading that:(

Keybeck fries and pocket bacon does make me happy. Now all we need is someone to throw them together with cheese curds and gravy and you poutine Freedom Fries with Steele Sauce, America’s latest favourite artery clogging snack

"Fat is the peak form of Pinnacle Fluids! Where you have so much it compacts and stores energy!" A fat AFC preacher somewhere, probably.

How far south does the Destiny Road go? Metropolis? Farther South?

Is this the Timeline that will actually see motorized vehicles traversing the "Darian Gap" in style?

You'll be a Pinnacle Fat Man!

You become him...

fale_20190317_2-352x528.png

Quick note: Doc Brown reminded me Barnum created fries in one of his expanded universe posts, called phinnies, so I updated the chapter to have it called a "Keybeck Fry," and it's literally poutine (one of my favorite dishes IRL, btw lol).

Do we have a body count of how many people were executed at Yankee Stadium, I may ask?

Honestly, with the vast count of those killed there, and with the unknown scale of the Clans, I can't give a good estimate. It's almost one of those things that is just left up to readers' imaginations. At any rate, it was a LOT. lol

It's nice to see the 1930s having a personality besides purges and war preparations, and it's refreshingly strange having the closest analogue to the OTL 1950s come before the Big War. Though with Kingfish and Vanvleet having shady backstories and the precedent for violent corporate feuds being well-established, I wonder if restaurants/supermarkets later might actually go the extra mile and affiliate themselves with street gangs to gain territory or something.

Phoenix Oil immediately offered to supply all needed gasoline and oil for a magnificent discount. Chief negotiator for that deal was none other than Joseph Oswald, Sr., and this deal followed his glory days of forging Law Meat and Dairy, one of Phoenix's most popular subsidiaries, from the war-torn remnants of Canadian farms and ranches. On July 3, 1925, Joseph Oswald met with Joe Steele at the Presidential Mansion and posed for the press as Oswald wrote the pledge down on official Presidential Mansion stationary. This also marked the first time that Chuck Oswald, then 8 years of age, met his future wife, Wyetta Arkham Custer-Steele, the president's 8 year-old daughter. The two children can be spotted in a few photographs conversing and Chuck proudly gave her his finest Zap Zephyr comic book. Wyetta would keep the comic for the rest of her life.

Holy moly, there is material for a whole chapter here. Not just on Oswald, either-- I doubt Joe Sr. is the only Clansman to have the bright idea of pairing his meetings with Steele with a playdate with Wyetta for his son, or a playdate with Marcus for those Clansmen with female heirs. Which probably means those kids are gonna get some wack-ass advice from their parents about being "charming."

With the daughters, I suspect the parents would just tell them something like "do whatever Marky boy wants," but every girl his age throwing themselves at him might stunt Marcus's social development a fair bit, on top of whatever other hurdles await him. But with the sons... I'm sure a true Pinnacle Businessman of domineering spirit would want to tell his son something like "pull her close, tell her you love her, and don't take no for an answer" but would also know full well that if their kid skeeves Wyetta out that could well mean the end of his family. So then it's all about subtlety, class, wit-- and if Oswald wants to play this game against who knows how many competitors, he'd better keep up with the trends in courtship, fashion, high culture, low culture... all leading to a showdown between Marcus and Wyetta/Chuckie where the primary backing for both parties comes from the Clans they're associated with by marriage/blood, with ORRA falling in line behind one or the other (probably the one who we know wins) but generally out of its depth and not as in-control as during the post-Custer succession.

The Bachelorette, but with Game of Thrones stakes. Make it happen, Nap :^)

Also, somewhat depressing thought but I'm pretty sure we'll see that comic again-- once Oswald goes completely insane he's probably going to ask incessantly if Wyetta has it to make sure she isn't "betraying" him, all while he's getting it on with Mary Jane Bundy to try and forget the stresses of running a continent-sized empire.

Last edited:
Also, somewhat depressing thought but I'm pretty sure we'll see that comic again-- once Oswald goes completely insane he's probably going to ask incessantly if Wyetta has it to make sure she isn't "betraying" him, all while he's getting it on with Mary Jane Bundy to try and forget the stresses of running a continent-sized empire.
Let's be honest here: they will probably hate each other and constantly cheat on each other while presenting themself as the perfect pinnacle couple to the rest of the RU.
Also i am 99% sure they are going to kill Steele's son just to assure their ascension to power