@Napoleon53

I've just realised something:

Considering that the Republican union had a North Korean-esque flag and the fact that the United States is pro (some) Asians, if the USA ever balkanizes, North Korea can be a very useful as a source of images.

I have to say that I was never really pleased about how Buetalism was used in the original TL, it basically served the role of lunatic bomb throwers that where radical and widespread enough to annoy and enrage reactionaries but where capable of almost nothing meaningful.

To put it in another way Buetalism served to lay the groundwork for the rise of the 'protagonist' Ultranational-Progressive ideologies and that was its purpose. It felt more like a literary tool than an actual ideology.

The problem with this is that leftists in the Maddness'verse will sooner or later realise (assuming that they are not all dead) that Buetalism is a dead end, you can't dominate the planet with anarchism.

Getting ready for work so only have a second to reply lol

@Diagram: It's funny you say that, because the next chapter will be about the rise of a new psuedo-leftist ideaology:

THE SECOND COMING OF THE ORDER OF ILLUMINATI

Brace yaselves

Getting ready for work so only have a second to reply lol

@Diagram: It's funny you say that, because the next chapter will be about the rise of a new psuedo-leftist ideaology:

Brace yaselves
Itanimulli*, you mean? Be a good Messenger and at least state our name and description properly if you seek to remain within our Order, Neophyte!

Looks interesting.

On the subject of England, this thread may be an inspiration:
I wonder if we will see an important black character, (in the latter stages of the story) Collin Powell is the obvious choice but someone like Muhammad Ali might be a bit more interesting due to his charisma if nothing else. The USA's anti-colonial efforts in Africa will also be very.... ahh interesting, it should be remembered that a nation as powerful as the USA will soon be can afford to have powerful vassals.

For future developments with the AFC it might be worth it to look at Scientology.

Honestly the big thing that I advise you to look at is what will replace your extended Victorian Age, in the original it was as I recall a 50s wibe. This is honestly a really difficult question because how do you predict the cultural currents of a different earth? I personally think that some sort of progressive turning into transhumanist era might be interesting, "We are becoming like Gods" if you want things to go really horrific.

It should also be recognised that without the Famine (I can't remember if it was mentioned or not) and with less emigration opportunities, Ireland would have a massively larger population. As I recall it could approach England levels of density.

This might just be me but you might want to consider doing something with Dwight Eisenhower rather or alongside Patton. The problem with meme-conscious characters like Roosevelt or Patton is that they are a bit distracting, there is nothing wrong with using them but some subtlety would be beneficial.

Considering that this America is so nutty might something like this have happened: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...s-said-yes-expedition-center-earth-180955203/? If there is still room for polar expeditions this might be something interesting to use.

I would also like some clarification, are Black Africans 'betters' or just not inferiors? A map would also be useful of who is white or not. The thing to remember is that while racism is incoherent it is usually clear, very much so.

Also were the slaves compensated or not? Is there something like Sharecropping?

Oh and I have a big one, are the Custerburgs segregated between different races of better?

Edit:

For future American Skulldugery in Africa have a look at the flag of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambazonia

Last edited:

Vuu

Banned
Here racism is even less clear and more incoherent - the entire inferior thing is merely a political tool - if they had interest to do so, they could upgrade whoever they want into Betters and put other into Inferiors - heck, OTL, German immigrants were initially widely disliked as well, ITTL it isn't the case it seems

Ooh, Ramsay won't like that. Also it would be interesting who would win in a Churchill vs MacDonald and how the war would affect there relationship.

Of course at the moment there still friends which given that Scotland is ran by Ramsay, I certainly see some Scottish volunteers lead by possible Douglas "The Butcher" Haig helping the "liberation" of England.

(Also if your talking about the Ramsay MacDonald fanfic idea being te inspiration for the Ramsay MacDonald chapter, please note I did that not @Murica1776, although his stuff is great anyway).

Oh, I was talking about the CoCaro part, but congratulations to you too!

Worffan101

Gone Fishin'
I always thought the Catholic-phobia evolved from the hatred of Catholic France for backstabbing the RU after the USA fell (in Classic anyway) in part due to a disastrous short war with the French Republic.

The rise of Winston Churchill is gonna have some unfortunate results. I'd recommend not being Irish if you're anywhere close to him. Now a question I have about young Winston.

Does his mom actually love him? Is she a sociopath that's just using him? Or is it some combo of the two ("I love my darling Winnie, that's why I must groom him to be the new Strong Man of England.")

I would also like some clarification, are Black Africans 'betters' or just not inferiors? A map would also be useful of who is white or not. The thing to remember is that while racism is incoherent it is usually clear, very much so.

If I'm not mistaken they're full blown Betters, albeit ones one should not marry one's daughter off too. I imagine it's a similar situation with the Japanese, although I could see European Jews being allowed to mix with Anglo-Saxons.

The way the Union breaks up the "races" I think basically works like this:

God's Chosen Betters:

Englishmen
Welshmen
Scots
Scandinavians of all types
Germans
Jews
Japanese
African-Americans*

The Damnable Inferior Hordes:

Literally everyone else.

Now, you're probably wondering why I put the star by African-Americans. It's simple. I could see the Union discriminating against Spanish speaking blacks, as well as against perhaps some, if not all, native Africans. However, the African-American population of the Union and the Caribbean is clearly a lost tribe of Israel or some such, in possession of bodily fluids every bit as blessed and strong as an average Anglo-Saxon. In fact, the Australians have already started slaughtering Aboriginals by arguing they weren't "actually African" but instead a bunch of mixed race mongrels.

Independent Australia, now run by white supremacist and Custer fan Protector of the Realm David Campbell, dreamed of uniting all of Australia under Anglo-Saxon rule and forcing France out of the continent. Campbell's blatant racism against black Aboriginals was excused by the Council of Jehovah, who declared the Aboriginals "disgusting Inferiors and Pan-Indochinese mongrels, the byproduct of African, Indian, and Mongoloid Chinamen breeding a race of cultureless cave-dwellers worthy of the mercy of destruction."

The rise of Winston Churchill is gonna have some unfortunate results. I'd recommend not being Irish if you're anywhere close to him. Now a question I have about young Winston.

Does his mom actually love him? Is she a sociopath that's just using him? Or is it some combo of the two ("I love my darling Winnie, that's why I must groom him to be the new Strong Man of England.")

If I'm not mistaken they're full blown Betters, albeit ones one should not marry one's daughter off too. I imagine it's a similar situation with the Japanese, although I could see European Jews being allowed to mix with Anglo-Saxons.

God's Chosen Betters:

Englishmen
Welshmen
Scots
Germans
Jews
Japanese
African-Americans*

Literally everyone else.

Now, you're probably wondering why I put the star by African-Americans. It's simple. I could see the Union discriminating against Spanish speaking blacks, as well as against perhaps some, if not all, native Africans. However, the African-American population of the Union and the Caribbean is clearly a lost tribe of Israel or some such, in possession of bodily fluids every bit as blessed and strong as an average Anglo-Saxon. In fact, the Australians have already started slaughtering Aboriginals by arguing they weren't "actually African" but instead a bunch of mixed race mongrels.
I think the Welsh and Scottish are inferiors because there both hate the ru and English. also have new Zealand been made mad yet?

I think the Welsh and Scottish are inferiors because there both hate the ru and English. also have new Zealand been made mad yet?

The Scots definitely aren't Inferiors.... If you read the chapter about Winston, or indeed the chapter about the Scots, it clearly states that they're Betters, and the RU is trying to reunite them with the English. Also, given how they're under the control of a Union friendly party, I don't think you can say they hate the Union.

The Welsh, I am less sure of, but I feel like given the number of Americans with Welsh ancestry, it would be impractical to make them Inferior.

Also, I'm pretty sure New Zealand is under the control of Fascist Australia

God's Chosen Betters:

Englishmen
Welshmen
Scots
Germans
Jews
Japanese
African-Americans*

Literally everyone else.

Remember, Mulattos are deemed by Marx as no better than Irish. So the union would be just as anti-miscegenation as the Southrons

I don't see why Americanised Black Africans would be treated differently than African Americans, It was Lincoln after all who armed Ethiopia. Why would that be the case?

Also, I'm pretty sure New Zealand is under the control of Fascist Australia
I'm not sure if England still owns it, anyway I can see Maoris being considered betters if they join the Church since they don't really look "Asian" and in OTL a few Maori clans happily joined the British.
Oh, I was talking about the CoCaro part, but congratulations to you too!
Thanks, sorry if I came off as rude, I didn't fully understand the context.

I don't see why Americanised Black Africans would be treated differently than African Americans, It was Lincoln after all who armed Ethiopia. Why would that be the case?

I'm pretty sure they'll be treated the same too, and would personally prefer to see that, but you can never be too sure with the Yankees