The Union at least seems to be a meritocracy. They do recognize bravery for what it is. And I'm sure the War Department would neverrrr exagerate the doings of a 12 year old for propaganda purposes. Neverrrr.

20120218033946!Reinhard_Heydrich_(1922).jpg

War hero and icon of the Custer Youth Brigade Ryan Harvey Hendrick in full parade dress in this propaganda photo from the Republican Union War Department.

The Union at least seems to be a meritocracy. They do recognize bravery for what it is. And I'm sure the War Department would neverrrr exagerate the doings of a 12 year old for propaganda purposes. Neverrrr.

View attachment 434075

War hero and icon of the Custer Youth Brigade Ryan Harvey Hendrick in full parade dress in this propaganda photo from the Republican Union War Department.
I can already see the rape face look in his eyes... guess he really wants the bobs and vagene. :)

Oh and @Worffan101 , regarding the fabled "Freudian Excuse" you keep complaining about, here is a good answer from a writer on this topic:

"This used to bother me a lot. I went through some pretty serious shit growing up, and am (I like to think) much less of an ass than most people with far less reason to be. And I always thought the "product of their environment" explanation was sort of enabling.

It took me a looooong time to realize this:

There is a vast difference between an explanation and an excuse.

I think that gets skipped over a lot. People use the terms almost interchangeably, and they aren't interchangeable.

An explanation is a reason why something keeps happening. "I overeat because I learned to eat to cope with depression."

An excuse is a reason why something must continue to happen. "Because I learned to overeat as a coping technique, I can NOT stop overeating."

Excuses are usually false. People are infinitely adaptable, and there's usually a way around any problem.

But the fact that the excuse is bullshit doesn't make the explanation less accurate.

You don't have to feel sorry for the villain or the criminal. There's no excuse for their behavior. People make their own choices.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a reason. There's always a reason. Every effect has a cause.

It's not about making the villains "sympathetic", even though we use that word... it's about making them believable. It's about ... well, what happened just here and now. You associated these abused story-villains with real criminals with similar histories because it does happen.

And while that's awful in real life, it's beneficial in a good story. Because while stories don't have to imitate all aspects of the real world, your reader should still be able to relate to the world you've created. And if things happen randomly, without explanation, they won't."

There is NO gene that automatically "makes you evil" since birth, nor there is an automatic rig or programming code that turns you to a utter monster the moment you take a breath. There is ALWAYS a cause for any effect, beneficial or malevolent, and environment, upbringing, and the global circumstances combined are the three key factors towards steering moral values and psychology in youth.

Worffan101

Gone Fishin'

View attachment 434075

Maybe make it more like, he's in the CYB, reports a superior for "defeatism", gets marked for promotion, makes a name for himself in his early teens working with ORRA (comes up with some new system to efficiently categorize and scientifically process Inferiors for the optimal efficiency of the Union military-industrial complex), gets turned into a propaganda hero for this, gets promoted up and up, carefully backstabbing his rivals and superiors as he goes, meets Goldstein, becomes Goldstein's #2 ("Goldstein's brain is called Hendrick", maybe?), and works to make himself look like the guy doing all the hard work so that he can get promoted over Goldstein when that particular crazy person runs afoul of the dictator, with the end goal of killing Steele/Oswald, blaming it on "Inferior terrorists", and killing off a few million Inferiors to get himself in charge and look like a hero to the batshit crazy race cult?

I'm just saying, heydrich was the kind of guy to ignore precautions due to hubris, not to throw himself into the teeth of machine guns.
There is NO gene that automatically "makes you evil" since birth, nor there is an automatic rig or programming code that turns you to a utter monster the moment you take a breath. There is ALWAYS a cause for any effect, beneficial or malevolent, and environment, upbringing, and the global circumstances combined are the three key factors towards steering moral values and psychology in youth.
Until such a time as we get a time machine and use a team of shrinks to figure out what exactly caused Reinhard Heydrich to be such a monster, all we have to go on is the historical evidence. And the historical evidence suggests that he grew up in a happy home, had a promising career in the military until he threw it away due to arrogance and inability to value other people, and committed genocide for political points, all the while completely aware of what others thought of him and not giving a shit. Which certainly suggests that there WAS something fucked in his brain from the start.

And speaking as someone with neurological issues, there ARE plenty of genes that make people think differently from others, or make their brains work differently. I have ADHD, that means I can't control when my attention shifts without extreme focus, suffer from associated insomnia, and can hyper-focus on a captivating topic for literally hours to days on end. It makes me extremely susceptible to addiction, which is why I abstain from alcohol and drugs. My co-morbid OCD doesn't help, either. This is something that I was born with and can't be fixed fully even with massive doses of medication.

I don't find it unreasonable at all that somebody could be born without the ability to recognize other humans as actual living breathing beings.

Heydrich at the least probably had antisocial personality disorder A.K.A the offical term for psychopath. Which wouldn't have been something that turned him into a monster it would've been something he was born with. Look i will say this again trying to give Heydrich a backstory to "humanize" his evil is doing a major injustice to those who died by that monsters hand. Nothing turned him evil he always was evil but never had a chance to show it until Hitler and co came along. I know the madnessverse is basically everything is turned up to 11 but you can't turn a guy who was already at a 12 up anymore. In fact I wager if you put OTL Heydrich into the madness he'd be thinking they aren't going far enough with the inferiors.

No, he’d see killing the slaves as wasteful.

More likely, he’ll be trying to figure out how to reclassify more people as such.
He wouldn't see it as wasteful. I mean after all if they can't pull their weight anymore why keep them alive and waste any money on them? No he'd be mad they aren't using them as efficiently as he'd like.

I think there’s nothing wrong with there being some big differences in Hendrick compares to OTL Heydrich. He’s from a different country with a divergence over 100 years before his birth. I’d consider him an ATL sibling rather than strictly being himself.

And also if TTL’s Hitler can be the voice of reason, then Heydrich being more 3-dimensional than in OTL shouldn’t be taboo

Md139115

Banned
He wouldn't see it as wasteful. I mean after all if they can't pull their weight anymore why keep them alive and waste any money on them? No he'd be mad they aren't using them as efficiently as he'd like.

So kill the elderly and breed those of child bearing age like cattle?

Interesting....

And it just occurred to me that euthanasia might be a popular government policy here, as well as deliberately suppressing research into treatments for diseases more common among the elderly, like prostate cancer.

Hendrick isn't explicitly Heydrich, and he's a born and bred Yankee, he's just his face in illustrations and majority of the inspiration.

I literally had an idea where Hendrick, the Champion of SPEHS FURCE, is advising Oswald in the 60s and 70s. In a wheelchair. Experiments have left him sensitive to bright light, so he wears sunglasses constantly.

Movie fans will know who I'm describing.

"MY PRESIDENT... I CAN WALK."

As for healthcare: I'm imagining a cross between the Twilight Zone episode about "What is your worth to the state?" And the worst OTL conspiracy theories about Obamacare (further continuing the "what if allll the conspiracy theories were true" bit. They likely have cures for most diseases, learned through actual research and theft.

Maybe make it more like, he's in the CYB, reports a superior for "defeatism", gets marked for promotion, makes a name for himself in his early teens working with ORRA (comes up with some new system to efficiently categorize and scientifically process Inferiors for the optimal efficiency of the Union military-industrial complex), gets turned into a propaganda hero for this, gets promoted up and up, carefully backstabbing his rivals and superiors as he goes, meets Goldstein, becomes Goldstein's #2 ("Goldstein's brain is called Hendrick", maybe?), and works to make himself look like the guy doing all the hard work so that he can get promoted over Goldstein when that particular crazy person runs afoul of the dictator, with the end goal of killing Steele/Oswald, blaming it on "Inferior terrorists", and killing off a few million Inferiors to get himself in charge and look like a hero to the batshit crazy race cult?

I... really like this. The concept of a ratfink reporting maybe a superior for not going over the top and getting him executed. "The 70th was supposed to advance to certain death and Captain Thomas Herschel dared to order his men to stand down."

I do however picture him being more General Jack D. Ripper rather than a true genius. I'm picturing him pushing for a weaponized space race and demanding results rather than researching anything himself.

I do however picture him being more General Jack D. Ripper rather than a true genius. I'm picturing him pushing for a weaponized space race and demanding results rather than researching anything himself.
"We got into space through a mixture of Courage, Hope, Determination, Good American Values...and a lot of dead Irishmen" Hendrick at a RUSF Gala, the audience responded with tremendous laughter.

Also have him later in life during his sunglasses and wheelchair phase going batshit crazy and telling everyone that Fluoridation of water is a Europan plot to turn Pinnacle Men's sperm into carriers of the Irish and Slavic gene.

Worffan101

Gone Fishin'
Historically, he wasn't a visionary genius so much as an intelligent but single-mindedly monstrous psychopath.

Obviously it's your TL but I think that you should make him a cold, calculating monster to act as counterpoint to Steele and Oswald's flamboyant evil.

Historically, he wasn't a visionary genius so much as an intelligent but single-mindedly monstrous psychopath.

Obviously it's your TL but I think that you should make him a cold, calculating monster to act as counterpoint to Steele and Oswald's flamboyant evil.

I would say Oswald fits that description. Murders his family literally to become a Better through ID fraud. That's freaking Ted Bundy stuff.

Worffan101

Gone Fishin'
I would say Oswald fits that description. Murders his family literally to become a Better through ID fraud. That's freaking Ted Bundy stuff.
Oswald's a bombastic lunatic, though. He's a psychopath, but a kind of crazy uncontrolled sort, more like...sort of halfway between Himmler and Hitler? Bombastic belligerence, obvious insanity, creepy lunatic fringe obsessions, insane paranoia, all that crap. I dunno, just my impression here, but Oswald's more of a cartoon villain (in a good way) than Heydrich ever was.

I really want to see Ireland survive in some shape or form but also heavily embrace the Madness. Fuelled by fear of the the Americans and Brits, they become a militarised society that would make some otl regimes look tame, making the Anglo's bleed a million men for every mile, sending undercover saboteurs on suicide missions into the RU ghetto and factories, sponsoring terrorism in the RU heartland. Hell, maybe the Scottish Flu can be a monstrosity cooked up by Irish scientists to ravish the Anglos

I really want to see Ireland survive in some shape or form but also heavily embrace the Madness. Fuelled by fear of the the Americans and Brits, they become a militarised society that would make some otl regimes look tame, making the Anglo's bleed a million men for every mile, sending undercover saboteurs on suicide missions into the RU ghetto and factories, sponsoring terrorism in the RU heartland. Hell, maybe the Scottish Flu can be a monstrosity cooked up by Irish scientists to ravish the Anglos
the same madness can spread to Wales and Scotland.

Worffan101

Gone Fishin'
Basically, my advice would be to have Oswald be kinda like Himmler: A total crazy person who ought to be locked up in a mental hospital. And to play *Heydrich more like his OTL self, a cold psychopath obsessed with power and incapable of internalizing that other people are real and not just lifelike dolls for him to fuck with.

I wonder what TTL's version of Colonel Sanders is gonna be like (if you turned George Washington Carver into a cocaine peddler, to be blunt, it makes me dread what will happen to him)...