I just wish there was an update on mad Mexico before falling to the RU and an update on Cuba and a Hispaniola update.

By time Georgia occupied Cuba, the 1820's, there was no sense of Cuban nationality in the Island. Maybe some colonists were angry at the Spanish administration for some reason, and revolted, but they did not identify as Cubans

By time Georgia occupied Cuba, the 1820's, there was no sense of Cuban nationality in the Island. Maybe some colonists were angry at the Spanish administration for some reason, and revolted, but they did not identify as Cubans

Do you mean Virginia?

I just wonder how did it stay that way? Did Napoleon I accepted Louverture's regime in the 1800s? With the Island turned into a semiauotonomous part of the Empire? If so, it would be a very interesting place culturally, I mean, black Imperials?

I would say the slave revolts were likely brutally put down. Later, when Napoleon II ended slavery, Hispaniola probably offered the former slaves boat rides back to the African colonies, or maybe even to Brazil-Rio. This would be cultural engineering by the Empire to cut down the massive black majority into something more manageable.

Mexico had it bad enough under Iturbide and the Bourbons. I think I screwed them over enough. lol

There actually will eventually be a chapter on Cuba! It's basically a giant penal colony. I expect POWs will be sent there during the World War.

Hispaniola is honestly pretty boring, I'd say. Just another French colony. During WWI* it will likely be more interesting.
I wish Iturbide made a cult were he was the resurrected god of Huitzilopochtli, national god of the Aztecs and son of Santa Muerte he would bring back sacrifice and flower wars and so on, and probably make himself his own church. I just wish there was an update about the Republic of Cuba before the invasion and how it was already crazy before that. I can imagine that the Dominicans of the island has either been enslaved or genocided by the Haitians. also how Jamaica and any plans to make it mad?

I wish Iturbide made a cult were he was the resurrected god of Huitzilopochtli, national god of the Aztecs and son of Santa Muerte he would bring back sacrifice and flower wars and so on, and probably make himself his own church. I just wish there was an update about the Republic of Cuba before the invasion and how it was already crazy before that. I can imagine that the Dominicans of the island has either been enslaved or genocided by the Haitians. also how Jamaica and any plans to make it mad?

That might be a bit extreme, even by Madnessverse standards. XD He was more of a deranged, sad Napoleon wannabe, which I think served his character well.

Cuba didn't really have much time to develop an independent culture post-Spain. They pretty much got sockpuppeted by the South immediately. They basically didn't really know what they were doing and got boned by everyone.

Jamaica had always been pretty WASP-y in the earlier part of the TL. With the help of AFC-believin' blacks, the island is probably just another snake-handlin' realm of the Union.

Two questions which pertain to the English:

1. Is Cecil Rhodes to be the Strong Man of Albion during the First World War, or will he have passed by then?

2. Are the English going to adopt the Union Jack in a similar way to how the RU adopted the Stars and Stripes (ie a revanchist statement)?

Do you mean Virginia?

Yes. Sorry about that.

I would say the slave revolts were likely brutally put down.

Well how? IOTL they tried but they couldn't and with the Empire's manpower overstretched during the 1812-1814 war, their chances are even lower. OTL reasons the French lost were: 1-Yellow Fever 2-Haiti's geography 3-Tropical weather 4-The former slaves hatred of French colonists 5-Last but not least, after ten years of fighting, black and mulatto leaders and troops were seasoned soldiers at guerilla warfare in Tropical weather, something Napoleonic troops were not at all ready for

Last edited:
Two questions which pertain to the English:

1. Is Cecil Rhodes to be the Strong Man of Albion during the First World War, or will he have passed by then?

2. Are the English going to adopt the Union Jack in a similar way to how the RU adopted the Stars and Stripes (ie a revanchist statement)?

Cecil Rhodes will indeed be making an appearance, but the rest of England and stuff will be a surprise.

Well how? IOTL they tried but they couldn't and with the Empire's manpower overstretched during the 1812-1814, I would say even less

I would assume that with Spain under their boot and with assistance from the South and Spain and without as many economic troubles as OTL (hell, Napoleon never invades Russia ITTL), it wouldn't have been nearly as difficult to quell the uprising. Honestly, Hispaniola is relatively unimportant in the broad scheme of things, and any number of events could have kept it under French control. Maybe Toussaint was killed? Maybe there was no revolt to begin with (this is a parallel universe, not strictly an ATL)? I'll eventually get around to discussing Hispaniola when it factors into the World War. With the Empire doing as well as they were in the aftermath of the Great Wars for the Empire under Napoleon the Great, there's no way they'd let something like Hispaniola get away.

That might be a bit extreme, even by Madnessverse standards. XD He was more of a deranged, sad Napoleon wannabe, which I think served his character well.

Cuba didn't really have much time to develop an independent culture post-Spain. They pretty much got sockpuppeted by the South immediately. They basically didn't really know what they were doing and got boned by everyone.

Jamaica had always been pretty WASP-y in the earlier part of the TL. With the help of AFC-believing' blacks, the island is probably just another snake-handlin' realm of the Union.
so there was no Cuban republic special madness, bummer. I can see Jamaica creating an AFC affiliated Rastafari, except mad. and maybe there a southern inspired uprising by the old slave owner families and soon a race war happened and most if not all white folk are killed on Jamaica. what happened to the Dominicans on the island? will Islam become mad as well and how about orthodox Christianity? are there any surviving African fundamentalist church survivors and did they have any long-lasting consequences on the religious state of Africa? and do you look at the expanded universe thread as well?

will Islam become mad as well and how about orthodox Christianity? are there any surviving African fundamentalist church survivors and did they have any long-lasting consequences on the religious state of Africa? and do you look at the expanded universe thread as well?

Islam is represented mostly right now by Persia, and they are definitely going to be getting into major stuff before long.

Orthodox Christianity is likely just the same. Imperial Russia/Eastern Europe was pretty dystopian anyway OTL. lol Viktor himself will supply the insanity.

I would say the African FC died out with its founder, Mr. Wayne.

Yes, I look at the EU, but I have fallen behind as of late thanks to my job working me 50-60 hours a week. :c I have actually been feeling horrible lately and have constantly been exhausted, so I apologize for falling behind on people! I'm trying my best just to answer questions and am working on the background of the Great War right now in another tab. My job is actually giving me half a day off just because they are sad I'm running myself ragged. lol I love writing Madness, but I gotta remind myself to have fun sometimes so this doesn't become another job, lol. (rambling, but I'm tired lol). My mind has been wiped of creative energy for a few weeks now.

Last edited:
Islam is represented mostly right now by Persia, and they are definitely going to be getting into major stuff before long.

Orthodox Christianity is likely just the same. Imperial Russia/Eastern Europe was pretty dystopian anyway OTL. lol Viktor himself will supply the insanity.

I would say the African FC died out with its founder, Mr. Wayne.

Yes, I look at the EU, but I have fallen behind as of late thanks to my job working me 50-60 hours a week. :c I have actually been feeling horrible lately and have constantly been exhausted, so I apologize for falling behind on people!
you should check it out when you have the time, just in case that your stuff might contradict the EU stuff, and you might see some good ideas that could become canon. also, what do you think of my Rastafari/Jamaica idea?

you should check it out when you have the time, just in case that your stuff might contradict the EU stuff, and you might see some good ideas that could become canon.

The EU stuff is all just fanfiction and for entertainment until I canonize it. My overarching storyline is and always will be the main focus, the EU is just meant to be mostly more minor stuff or interesting bits that don't effect the main TL much without permission (hence why I only want people writing about things before the current year in the main TL). I don't want Madness to become a groupstory or a bunch of people taking it different directions that I don't want. The main TL is the only canon right now, although DocBrown's write-up on Metropolis is excellent and I keep meaning to repost it here and threadmark it. There are other excellent posts as well, but most of them are not quite where I want to take some things; they are very fun and interesting though! (for instance, I love the Normanism chapters about CoCaro in the EU, and Normanism of a flavor will appear in the main TL, but not entirely as written in the EU as I have... plans for CoCaro... very interesting plans...).

I have actually been feeling horrible lately and have constantly been exhausted, so I apologize for falling behind on people! I'm trying my best just to answer questions and am working on the background of the Great War right now in another tab. My job is actually giving me half a day off just because they are sad I'm running myself ragged. lol I love writing Madness, but I gotta remind myself to have fun sometimes so this doesn't become another job, lol. (rambling, but I'm tired lol). My mind has been wiped of creative energy for a few weeks now.

You should definitely take a break and get some sleep. Take care of yourself, go out, have some fun in the real world and the creative energy will come back. We will just have to wait.

I'm literally not saying yes or no to any of these ideas. My plot is to take what I like off you guys and maybe blindside you with the unexpected as well. My original post really opened up some creative ideas from everyone! Stay tuned to see what happens!

Map will be soon, don't worry. Although the alliances are more just individual nations than alliances, minus the League and the Sphere. lol
It would be so awesome if the entire war was caused by the mad scheming of a supposedly tiny power no one even cared about.

This may be just me but I personally try to block my ears when it comes to discussing this kinda stuff, don't go to the slaughter house if you like meat sort of deal.

Considering that Napo might base some of his future plot on the discussion here, should it not be the case that such advice must be spoilered?

This may be just me but I personally try to block my ears when it comes to discussing this kinda stuff, don't go to the slaughter house if you like meat sort of deal.

Considering that Napo might base some of his future plot on the discussion here, should it not be the case that such advice must be spoilered?

I will deliberately not do some of what I said. And these ideas only cover the opening salvos of the war, which is next one or two chapters. After that everything will be surprises. :)

I will deliberately not do some of what I said. And these ideas only cover the opening salvos of the war, which is next one or two chapters. After that everything will be surprises. :)
Knowing us, nothing we recommend will be as crazy as some of the ideas that create (murder by bear is a favourite of mine)...well I do think my moustache twirling murderer Ramsay MacDonald is pretty bonkers.