US-Township BAM 2: All of Them

Alabama
  • Update: 5/6/2019

- Finished Colbert, Franklin, & Lawrence Counties in Alabama

5-6-19 Update 1.png

5-6-19 Update 2.png

I've decided to do two versions of this map, as per @Caprice's suggestion: One with Incorporated Areas and one without.

In the meantime, I might need some help. I know there are about a dozen other BAM projects going on right about now, but if anyone's willing, I can whip up a claimants map tomorrow. Thanks a million!

Alabama
  • Update: 5-11-19

- Finished Limestone & Madison Counties in Alabama, including (*deep breath*) the Huntsville Area.

5-11-19 Update 1.png

5-11-19 Update 2.png

Hey, if I keep it up at this rate, I'll be done before the 2024 election!

Alabama
  • Update 5-12-2019

DeKalb, Jackson, Marshall, and Morgan Counties finished.

5-12-19 Update.png

Also, I've decided to hold Incorporated Areas off for a later date. It's getting too tedious.

Alabama
  • Update 5-21-2019

Finished Incorporated Areas for the following Counties: DeKalb, Franklin, Jackson, Lamar, Marion, Marshall, Morgan, Walker & Winston in Alabama.

5-21-19 Update 1.png
    5-21-19 Update 2.png

Alabama
  • Update: 8-28-2019

And to prove it, here at last, 3 months later, the next Alabama update. Here are Blount, Cullman, Etowah, and St. Clair counties.

8-28-2019.png

I'm going to hold off on Incorporated Areas for the time being, owing to the sheer quantity of them in Jefferson County alone, which will be part of the next batch.

Alabama
  • Update: 8-29-2019

As promised, the next round of Counties, and these are some big ones:

8-29-2019.png

This batch: Bibb, Jefferson, Pickens, Shelby, and Tuscaloosa

Alabama
  • Update: 9-01-2019

New counties: Autagua, Chambers, Chilton, Coosa, Elmore, Lee, and Tallapoosa

9-01-2019.png

Next update will be the Black Belt.

Alabama
  • Update: 9-12-2019

New update: The Black Belt.

9-12-2019.png

For the uninitiated, this area of the state (Barbour, Bullock, Dallas, Greene, Hale, Lowndes, Macon, Marnego, Montgomery, Perry, Russell, Sumter, and Wilcox Counties) is so named because most of them have large Black majority populations (the only exceptions are Barbour and Russell, which have about equal populations Black and White). Consequently, this area of the state tends to perpetually vote Democratic in contrast to the rest of the state voting Republican (indeed, some of these counties are some of the strongest Democratic strongholds in the country). Furthermore, its proximity and historic demographics have made the region an epicenter for the Civil Rights Movement during the 50s and 60s, most notably Selma in northern Dallas County.

This state's nearly finished. Only about three more updates remain!

Alabama
  • Update: 11-08-2019

And, lo! Tis finally done!

Final Update `11-08-2019.png

The 17 remaining counties (Baldwin, Butler, Choctaw, Clarke, Coffee, Conecuh, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Escambia, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Mobile, Monroe, Pike, and Washington) have been finished, finally wrapping up 2nd level divisions for the state of Alabama.

I wanna thank everyone for waiting so long. Making this map wasn't easy for me, but it's worth it to see the finished product (six months later). The rest of the states will be finished eventually.