Point of Divergence: parliament does not stop funding Great Britain and Great Britain regains popular support for the war. British forces battle United States forces to a stalemate in 1783 and in 1784 the fighting stops but without a peace treaty, truce, and/or even an armistice. The American Revolutionary War ends in a frozen conflict in 1784.

How does this timeline differ and what are it's consequences?

Parliament could keep funding the war but for it to end in a stalemate without any sort of treaty or peace settlement would be almost an impossibility. Such a scenario would almost certainly lead to another Anglo/French war as both nations would seek trade with the US/American Colonies. And the US/Colonies would continue to proclaim independence. Once that war starts Parliament would have no choice but to stop funding the effort to retain the colonies and focus itself on fighting France. The US would have its independence recognized by about 1795-1800.

Such a scenario would almost certainly lead to another Anglo/French war as both nations would seek trade with the US/American Colonies. And the US/Colonies would continue to proclaim independence. Once that war starts Parliament would have no choice but to stop funding the effort to retain the colonies and focus itself on fighting France. The US would have its independence recognized by about 1795-1800.
Beautiful. Thank you for your response and honesty. Eventhough you think the hypothetical is unlikely I am certainly glad I got an answer nonetheless.

Beautiful. Thank you for your response and honesty. Eventhough you think the hypothetical is unlikely I am certainly glad I got an answer nonetheless.
No problem. It’s not a bad scenario and I like TLs that turn the US/Canada into the Dominion of North America. Your scenario could work with a stipulation that France never gets involved in the AR. At that point Parliament almost certainly continues funding the war and the US/Colonies likely exhaust themselves leading to a peace that sees the formation of the DNA as the cost to retain and occupy the colonies was prohibitive.