THE CLICHE CALLED AMERIWANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Welcome! To this cliche called Ameriwank... :)

In a way, yes, this is cliche... but the problem is... I'm still not using this thing for myself... so I will make another one... this time... using the trope "AMERICA TAKES OVER THE WORLD"... in a plausible way?

I'll try... it will be more of "America On Steroids Takes Over The World"

:D:D

You might be screaming "ASB!! ASB!! ASB!!" "evil! evil!" right now... Yes... I want to do that too... but there's a reason why this is not on the ASB section...

I really want to try it... of course... the goal is not much of a super US global federal state... it could just be an EU like global US with a federal core and peripheral confederations tied to the core...

I'll be borrowing concepts, events and people from the other America threads that I've read... especially the famous "United States of Ameriwank" by Big Tex but of course... there would be really substantial changes from that thread... and politically.... I really have to use a Federalist presidential dynasty so that I could make the country military competitive and expansionistic...

We'll see...

I'll give proper credits in terms of me using those that came from other threads... but of course.. I'll give them original twists... and I'll introduce some things that might be original....like... hmmm... I really need a steroid here... perhaps.... An American Napoleon?....

:D:D

Good luck to me then...

It was proposed at some point in early American history to not allow slavery in any of the western territories, including Mississippi and Alabama, but one of the representatives was sick and didn't vote. Have that guy still vote, and America has a great chance at being 'wanked'.

Good luck. As an unabashed, irrational nationalist most of the time, I eagerly await to see my country wanked to the extreme. However, and I realize this is set up to be an Ameriwank, I think OTL is already an Ameriwank to a certain extent. Everything fell into place for the US to let it become a super-power, and hardly anything went wrong for it.

Good luck. As an unabashed, irrational nationalist most of the time, I eagerly await to see my country wanked to the extreme. However, and I realize this is set up to be an Ameriwank, I think OTL is already an Ameriwank to a certain extent. Everything fell into place for the US to let it become a super-power, and hardly anything went wrong for it.

Hehehe. I agree to that, yes, there's an empire today, though quite unique in historical standards, so unique that people like Donald Rumsfeld can deny that it doesn't exist... The US empire... though now in decline... thanks to bad economic policies since the Washington Consensus and the denial... By denying it... The US empire destroyed a golden opportunity to do things well in the 90's and 00's.... and use its constitutional framework to make it co-exist with the imperial expansion and adapt to it... Something like that... whatever...

I want to make this happen because let's face it. If the concept of infinite alternate worlds exist, then many people from these worlds will see OTL as an ASB. Though it's understandable because they didn't know we exist. So if I do an American Napoleon, or an American India, there might be those who will scream ASB but look at how it was formed before you scream the word ASB. There might be a point why it came into existence.

Let's see. This is getting interesting...

It was proposed at some point in early American history to not allow slavery in any of the western territories, including Mississippi and Alabama, but one of the representatives was sick and didn't vote. Have that guy still vote, and America has a great chance at being 'wanked'.

I will be using John Laurens still quite alive after 1782 and make him influence Washington and Hamilton in warming up to the idea of a national gradual compensated manumission of slavery until 1830. I saw it in a thread by GreatScottMarty I believe. I'm subscribed to that thread. Of course, that would mean an earlier Civil War, but how about having the British intervene to that? Making it a Second Revolutionary War with a mix of the Civil War and the War of 1812? That would pull Federalism into expansionist self-sufficient nationalism since that war will destroy their British diplomatic bent. I'll use that to hatch the concept of Manifest Destiny early on. You know how madly expansionist Hamilton is... though the presence of his best friend this time around will temper that for a bit... What made Federalism be destroyed in OTL is that Hamilton doesn't have someone like Madison that Jefferson has so that each other's extremes could be tempered and for the duo to make a good team in advancing their cause... of course by having Benedict Arnold and Guy Carleton around it will even make the Federalist cause more successful...

I want a source concerning this thing about preventing slavery from expanding into the territories of course... I might use it as another cause for an earlier secessionist movement in the Carolinas and Georgia...

I want a source concerning this thing about preventing slavery from expanding into the territories of course... I might use it as another cause for an earlier secessionist movement in the Carolinas and Georgia...

I learned about it from a small excerpt from Black Rednecks and White Liberals, but I can't find anything on it elsewhere, or find that excerpt. Here's something saying Jefferson tried to prevent slavery in the Western territories from Wikipedia. It doesn't go into detail though.

Credits from the United States of the Americas and Oceania v.2 TL by Eurofed as well as from the United States of Ameriwank TL by Big Tex:

THE BEGINNING

1773-74: A minor protest about the Protestant Oath that government officers have to take occurs in Quebec, Governor Guy Carleton manages to resolve it peacefully. However, while he is negotiating, his house burns down. By the time news reaches London that it was an accident, a problem with his stove, the newspapers had already whipped the population, and the Parliament into a frenzy against "Papist terror", which further worsens the British mood against agitation in the American colonies at large. King George III, never one to cut much slack to Catholics or to rebellious subjects, exercises his considerable influence in the Commons to further enhance the mood shift towards an harsh treatment of the unruly colonies.

The Quebec Act that was being discussed loses all of its concessions, becoming in almost all respects an extension of the Irish-aimed Penal Laws to the Colonies, which burden Catholics with a crippling amount of legal penalties and discriminatory measures. Additionally, the territory that would have been annexed to Quebec, instead is awarded to the Hudson Bay Company. This act gets wrapped in a legislation package with the other “Intolerable Acts” aimed to the other American colonies.

The news of the legal restrictions being heaped on them whips the Canadian population into a massive outrage, much as the other Intolerable Acts do in the other 13 colonies. Carleton, seeing all his efforts to keep his colony quiet ruined by the British government's rashness, loses faith in the British political system and aligns with the Patriot movement. Quebec sends delegates to the First Continental Congress.

The annexation of everything between the Ohio River, Mississippi River, and Appalachian Mountains to the Hudson Bay Company greatly angers almost all of the North American mainland colonies, generating much Patriot sympathy in Nova Scotia as well.

General-Sir-Guy-Carleton_2.jpg

Guy Carleton, the former British Governor of Quebec and the greatest Canadian Founding Father

1775: Quebec and Nova Scotia join the thirteen colonies in the American Revolution. [1] The whole idea of rebellion started in Boston, so it was only appropriate that it would begin there as well. On April 19 Paul Revere made his midnight ride alerting militias that the British were moving out. Throughout the night and day skirmishes of little strategic value played out, but the Revolution was underway.

The Battle of Lexington and Concord led to the massive siege of Boston that would last a year. The Siege of Boston’s most memorable event was the British’s Pyrrhic victory at Bunker Hill. While the main colonies scrambled to get their acts together the real fighting took place further north in Canada where British garrisons left over from the French and Indian War were readily available to fight en masse.

Guy Carleton, the now Patriot Governor of Quebec, turned out to be a very adept commander. He moved quickly to secure Canada for the rebellion. The Continental Army liberates most of Canada by spring of 1776. A lucky offensive lead by Jonathan Eddy secures most of Nova Scotia for the Patriots as well. Montreal, Quebec, Ticonderoga, Crown Point, and various smaller towns and forts of importance fell with the exception of Halifax whose Royal Navy presence along with various British garrisons who had retreated there during the lightning campaign across Canada, ensured attacking armies couldn’t do to terribly much. By mid summer of 1776, Canada and Boston were secure. The second Continental Congress was meeting as well, this time with a much larger goal. [1] Nova Scotia sends its delegates to the Continental Congress.

The Continental Army under George Washington was established for the Thirteen Colonies while the Continental Army of the North confirmed Guy Carleton as Commander of those Canadian forces already at work. The Continental Navy was also established though its role is very limited during the war.

In early summer of 1776, Congress entrusted a five man committee led by Thomas Jefferson to write a formal statement of the reasons why a break with Great Britain was justified. By July 4, 1776 a new nation was born. And it will have powerful ramifications for the next 200 years.

600px-Declaration_independence.jpg

The Declaration of Independence

1776: The 15 colonies sign the Declaration of Independence. New York and Quebec City are captured by the British but the Americans stubbornly fight on. Joseph Brant, one of the leading chiefs of the Iroquois Confederation and previous staunch advocate of cooperation with Britain, has an epiphany in the form of a prophetic dream, which causes him to unexpectedly switch to a pro-Patriot stance, leading the Iroquois Confederacy to join the American Revolutionary War on the side of the Patriots. Iroquois support for the American Revolution shall gradually mold early US culture towards an assimilationist acceptance in American society of "civilized" Indians and mixed-bloods that adopt European culture and lifestyle. Brant's Dream gradually becomes a rather popular component of US political mythology (as well as the inspiration for the US Great Seal), since it apparently foretold Patriot victory in the ARW and America's rise to global hegemony.

Joseph_Brant_painting_by_George_Romney_1776.jpg

Thayendanegea or Joseph Brant, The Great Native American Founding Father

Brant’s Dream: "Many nights ago, as I returned from London, God gave me a sign in a dream. I was walking by the seaside in the dawn, and a great Lion rose from the waves in the east, and a fierce Bald Eagle coalesced from the north and south, and they fought long and hard, and the earth trembled with their battle. And the Eagle stood, bloodied but victorious, and its cry of triumph pierced the sky, and the wounded Lion fled into the sea. And the Eagle took flight, and grew immense, and its wings spread from horizon to horizon, as if it touched every place of the world. It seemed as if it carried fifteen arrows in its left talon, and an olive branch with fifteen leaves in its right talon. And I knew that the arrows meant destruction, and the branch prosperity. Suddenly, the Eagle locked eyes with me and spoke, 'It is upon you, Thayendanegea, which talon I grasp your people with. Remember when I fight the Lion.' Then I awoke, and over breakfast the Captain of the ship boasted that 'the British Lion will easily defeat the Colonial Eagle'

Often in the past I have advocated closer ties with Britain as a defense against the colonists. This must now stop, or our people will face sure destruction."

[1] This was taken from Big Tex's United States of Ameriwank. Thank you.

Last edited:
I learned about it from a small excerpt from Black Rednecks and White Liberals, but I can't find anything on it elsewhere, or find that excerpt. Here's something saying Jefferson tried to prevent slavery in the Western territories from Wikipedia. It doesn't go into detail though.

Ah. Good source. Thank you. :)

QUESTION

Is there a chance that an earlier Constitutional Convention could be formed? Let's say 1785. I'll try to make it look like the Articles of Confederation was just amended in a way that the Confederation Congress was transformed from a unicameral deliberative central body with few executive offices into a sovereign multi-chambered central body with two legislative houses (Senate, House of Representatives) plus judicial and executive super committees. It's practically a revision but considered an amendment on paper. The revision would be called "The Great Amendment".

Hehehe.

Hmmm.... I think I need to update this thread. Let's see if I can have the time to do that. :)

BOSTON CAMPAIGN (1775-1776)

800px-The_death_of_general_warren_at_the_battle_of_bunker_hill.jpg

The Death of General Warren at the Battle of Bunker Hill

[1]The Boston campaign was the opening campaign of the American Revolutionary War. The campaign was primarily concerned with the formation of American colonial irregular militia units, and their transformation into a unified Continental Army. The campaign's military conflicts started with the Battles of Lexington and Concord on April 19, 1775, in which colonial militias mustered to defend against the seizure of military stores in Concord, Massachusetts by British Army regulars. Some British units were defeated in a confrontation at Concord's North Bridge, and the entire British expedition suffered significant casualties during a running battle back to Charlestown against an ever-growing number of colonial militia.
The accumulated militia surrounded the city of Boston, beginning the Siege of Boston. The main action during the siege, the Battle of Bunker Hill on June 17, 1775, was one of the bloodiest encounters of the entire war. There were also numerous skirmishes near Boston and the coastal areas of Boston, resulting in either loss of life, military supplies, or both.
In July 1775, George Washington took command of the assembled militia and transformed them into a more coherent army. On March 4, 1776, the colonial army fortified Dorchester Heights with cannon capable of reaching Boston and British ships in the harbor. The siege (and the campaign) ended on March 17, 1776, with the withdrawal of British forces from Boston.

[1] Thanks to Wikipedia. I know that the beginnings of this thread are quite full of copy and paste thing. But as the timeline goes on, I'll have less choices to do that since the POD will build up butterflies that OTL has almost nothing to offer.

NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, QUEBEC (1776-1777)

800px-Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware_by_Emanuel_Leutze%2C_MMA-NYC%2C_1851.jpg

George Washington crossing the Delaware River

The summer of 1776 however wasn’t all fun and games for the Patriots. John Burgoyne and his army arrived in Halifax and that of General William Howe arrived in New York City. Burgoyne had no problems landing his soldiers as Halifax was still firmly in English hands. Howe however landed right into one of the Revolutions’ biggest campaigns. The New York and New Jersey campaign was a series of battles for control of New York City and the state of New Jersey in the American Revolutionary War between British forces under General Sir William Howe and the Continental Army under General George Washington in 1776 and the winter months of 1777. Howe was successful in driving Washington out of New York City, but overextended his reach into New Jersey, and ended the active campaign season in January 1777 with only a few outposts near the city. The British held New York for the rest of the war, using it as a base for expeditions against other targets.

First landing unopposed on Staten Island on July 3, 1776, Howe assembled an army composed of elements that had been withdrawn from Boston in March following their failure to hold that city, combined with additional British troops, as well as Hessian troops rented from several German principalities. Washington had New England soldiers as well as regiments from states as far south as Virginia. Landing on Long Island in August, again without opposition, Howe drove Washington north to White Plains, New York. At that point Howe returned to Manhattan to capture forces Washington had left in the north of that island.

Just after Washington’s failed stand in New York, Burgoyne’s army engaged Carleton’s at Quebec. At this part of the Quebec campaign, Carleton’s Continental Army of the North fought valiantly and bravely and inflicted much more casualties than Washington did to the British in the south, however the better trained British troops overtook the Continentals’ positions and Carleton was forced to retreat to Trois Rivieres and set up winter camp.

Washington and much of his army crossed the Hudson River into New Jersey, and retreated all the way across the Delaware River into Pennsylvania, shrinking due to ending enlistment periods, desertions, and poor morale. Howe ordered his troops into winter quarters in December, establishing a chain of outposts from New York to Burlington, New Jersey. Washington, in a tremendous boost to American morale, launched a successful strike against the Trenton garrison after crossing the icy Delaware River, prompting Howe to withdraw his chain of outposts back to New Brunswick and the coast near New York, while Washington established his winter camp at Morristown. During the remaining winter months, both sides skirmished frequently as the British sought forage and provisions.

Britain maintained control of New York City and some of the surrounding territory until the war ended, using it as a base for operations elsewhere in North America.

CREDITS: Again to Big Tex and to Wikipedia

TIMES THAT TRY MEN'S SOULS (1777-1778)

Washington_and_Lafayette_at_Valley_Forge.jpg

Washington and Lafayette at Valley Forge

Washington had earned some morale boosting victories but strategically the Continentals in Canada and the 13 colonies were losing ground fast.

In the Philadelphia campaign, General Howe, after unsuccessfully attempting to draw Washington into a battle in northern New Jersey, embarked his army on transports, and landed them at the northern of Chesapeake Bay. From there, he advanced northward toward Philadelphia. Washington prepared defenses against Howe's movements at Brandywine Creek, but was flanked and beaten back in the Battle of Brandywine on September 11, 1777. After further skirmishes and maneuvers, Howe was able to enter and occupy Philadelphia. Washington then unsuccessfully attacked one of Howe's garrisons at Germantown before retreating to Valley Forge for the winter.

October saw more losses, in the Quebec campaign, as Carleton and the Army of the North defended Trois Rivieres from Burgoyne’s attack. Like Washington at Germantown, Carleton narrowly escaped a terrible defeat, retreating back to Montreal. The tide would turn at Montreal however.

Carleton set up his defenses at the outskirts town of Vercheres. There, Burgoyne engaged him in a vicious battle. This time however Carleton, working closely with a capable young commander named Benedict Arnold, who had been assigned to lead the American forces in Canada, bested Burgoyne breaking his army and forcing him to retreat all the way back to Quebec City.

Howe's campaign was controversial because, although he successfully captured the American capital of Philadelphia, he proceeded slowly and did not aid the concurrent campaign of John Burgoyne further north, which ended in disaster in Vercheres for the British as said, and brought France into the revolutionary cause. General Howe then resigned afterwards and was replaced by his second-in-command, General Sir Henry Clinton. Clinton evacuated the troops from Philadelphia back to New York City in 1778 in order to increase that city's defenses against a possible Franco-American attack. Washington harried the British army all the way across New Jersey, and successfully forced a battle at Monmouth Court House that was one of the largest battles of the war.

At the end of the campaigns the two armies were roughly in the same positions they were at its beginning

Washington and Carleton's problems at this time were not just with the British. In the so-called Conway Cabal, some politicians and officers that were unhappy with their performance in the campaign secretively discussed their removal. Washington, offended by the behind-the-scenes maneuvering, laid the whole matter openly before Congress also in behalf of Carleton. His supporters rallied behind them, and the episode was abated.

CREDITS: Again to Big Tex and Wikipedia

so instead of Gates, its Carleton, only Carleton seems that much more (a little)competent.

Well, Carleton is in charge of British armies in Quebec in OTL and he did quite well in my opinion and Gates is quite controversial here in OTL. And Arnold definitely should get the credit in the Saratoga victory of OTL. Here, it is Carleton with Arnold that did a Saratoga in Vercheres and turned the tide of the war.

I already found out about the slavery extension losing by one vote as said by Zuvarq, it is the Land Ordinance of 1784.

Well, I've been thinking of an alternate Articles of Confederation I don't know. I'll make a thread concerning it.

Hmmm definitely interesting... and so far no one is yet shouting ASB, while I don't expect this happy stated of affairs to continue I do want to see where this good beginning ends:)

Hmmm definitely interesting... and so far no one is yet shouting ASB, while I don't expect this happy stated of affairs to continue I do want to see where this good beginning ends:)

By the time I get to an American Napoleon... That's where the shouting will begin... :p

Let's see... I'm on the school on not making this TL just a happy happy TL though... I have to make things look as realistic as possible...

do you mean an actual napoleon, in america, or some guy who is like napoleon, but american - or any of the variations thereof.

Hmmm... I don't know... I definitely want a Napoleonic genius in an American general early on... if not... then just have Napoleon met Benjamin Franklin and with him considering employment in a still around Continental Navy around 1785... since he always wanted to become a naval officer... he almost considered joining the Royal Navy in OTL... don't know the repercussions though... the Continental Navy is almost useless at this period... that's why I want an earlier Civil War around this period... maybe I can have Nappy consider a career on the American side during this alternate Civil War... or just be with Washington and Lafayette again....

Whoa... I just realized that I got very tired of Ameriwanks lately... :eek:

Well... I think I'm starting to see Ameriwank as becoming more of a cliche for my personal tastes... What I'm going to do with this??

Well, given the title... I think it would be great if I just continue this... and finally make myself got tired of the entire thing... by making the most awesome plausible Ameriwank ever... Whahaha... :p

And reading it over and over again... until... "Ok, Let's move on..."

That is if I able to continue this to 1900... without getting tired....:confused:

Well... I'll try to do this as best as I can...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.