The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

The Soviet government, much as IOTL, ensures that there is a very accessible, very inexpensive, supply of high octane beer and vodka that, unlike things like meat and store bought bread, never runs short or is rationed.
How was alcoholism in 1943 - 1960, was alcohol in Russia (both Nazi occupied eastern Europe and the Soviet Union) rationed or was still available?

Last edited:
How about the view of Germany from the 30th century perspective? I would see the historians view the 20th-21st centuries or continued into 24th centuries as the “Era of Darkness” with much time to take millennia for the continent to recover.

How about the view of Germany from the 30th century perspective? I would see the historians view the 20th-21st centuries or continued into 24th centuries as the “Era of Darkness” with much time to take millennia for the continent to recover.

It is really hard to say. Much depends what will happen evne during next 100 years. China probably tries its own shit and more mess would spread around the world. Important question is what happen with A4 and have them some plans for German statelets after they have paid all reparations. My guess is statelets get some limited independence but still are stirctly prohibited from unification. But what next? Hard to say.

I wouldn't be surprised if unification is allowed to happen at some point in the future - the very far future. After a certain point, the argument for no is "we don't like you" and "your great-great-great... killed my great-great-great...."

It is really hard to say. Much depends what will happen evne during next 100 years. China probably tries its own shit and more mess would spread around the world. Important question is what happen with A4 and have them some plans for German statelets after they have paid all reparations. My guess is statelets get some limited independence but still are stirctly prohibited from unification. But what next? Hard to say.
How about if they fought back against China by dropping an asteroid the size of KT or either antimatter (dangerous idea)? or What about contact with the peaceful aliens which led to reconstruction and or what about disgruntled politicos in China angrily express their disatisfaction regarding insane plans before being disappeared by 'accident'?

In what generations does it take time for Germany will be reunified and an EEC/EU-type organization becoming formed? What about a reunified Germany adjusting its borders to what has once been East Francia?

I am imagining how the OTL world react if not only ISOTing the A4 countries including New Zealand, Brazil, and the Philippines but the reformed Soviet Union, the AANW China, and New England (Our Fair Country) from alternate universe being ISOTed into this world. How would the event create a drastic impact?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if unification is allowed to happen at some point in the future - the very far future. After a certain point, the argument for no is "we don't like you" and "your great-great-great... killed my great-great-great...."

You might be correct. In 2560 explanatyon "Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfathers were genociding people!" explanation hardly works anymore speciality if statelets have developed stable, prosperous and totally democracy loving nations.

How about if they fought back against China by dropping an asteroid the size of KT or either antimatter (dangerous idea)? or What about contact with the peaceful aliens which led to reconstruction and or what about disgruntled politicos in China angrily express their disatisfaction regarding insane plans before being disappeared by 'accident'?

CalBear has already somehere stated that even if genocidal aliens would invade Eartyh, Germans are not allowed to be re-armed. And A4 and India have strict monopoly to WMDs. No one else can't get them. And dropping that K/T asteroid would be stupid. It would mean extinction of humanity.

In what generations does it take time for Germany will be reunified and an EEC/EU-type organization becoming formed? What about a reunified Germany adjusting its borders to what has once been East Francia?

I bit doubt that there is going to be equalement of EU. There not seem being much intrest over that. And not way that there would be some re-adjustments of borders at least not in favor of Germany. Even if A4 on very distant future would allow re-unification, they are not going to allow more lands for that new German state.

I bit doubt that there is going to be equalement of EU. There not seem being much intrest over that. And not way that there would be some re-adjustments of borders at least not in favor of Germany. Even if A4 on very distant future would allow re-unification, they are not going to allow more lands for that new German state.
How about a Rhineland or bringing the Confederation of Rhineland in the Napoleonic period back which also encompasses the OTL German states of Hesse-Nassau, North Rhine-Westphalia, Baden-Wurtemburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, and parts of Bavaria and Bremen but look like Japan due to constitutional article. Would it be possible?

What about Japan as of 2022? How's the country going?

And wait? What about any factors that trigger the 2007-2008 styled econmic crisis over too much spending or obsessed with spending the A4's construction for defense?

CalBear can slap my wrist for this if he needs to, since it's in a gray zone, but in a TL where regular forceful intervention in the civilian economy is not just normalized, but ascends to even greater heights (those mass drivers ain't gonna pay for themselves)... I'm not seeing the conditions for a 2007-2008 crisis even getting off the ground. Glass-Steagall isn't going to be repealed (or even undermined), there's not going to be a free-for-all privatization/financialization spree in the A4, and a lot of the ideological pressures here are reversed; a lot of TTL's politicians are likely to point to the free-for-all rapaciousness of the Nazi state and say 'no Nazi economic fiefdoms' and point to the smoking crater of the Reich for emphasis.

Last edited:
You might be correct. In 2560 explanatyon "Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfathers were genociding people!" explanation hardly works anymore speciality if statelets have developed stable, prosperous and totally democracy loving nations.
At that phase, however, each of the german statelets will have developed very separate identities from each others that they would not want to unify.

@CalBear Does the US have single payer heathcare ITTL? You can't call it communism, because communism doesn't exist in the modern day outside of the rump USSR. It seems awfully fascist to have a private healthcare system that leaves millions without insurance and many thousand dead per year because of this. Then again, the unions could happily kill single-payer healthcare like OTL and the AMA could decry it as "socialized fascism". This makes no sense, but it could make sense to someone right-of-center. Calbear once said that Goldwater's presidency created a libertarian tinge to the Republican Party.

In regard to the UK, I can't see them not forming the NHS like OTL. It's in the Beveridge Report, after all. They probably would do it during the Warm War when Labour inevitably sweeps Churchill out of power in 1947.

Edit: Does Ted Fujita exist as Mr. Tornado ITTL? Or was he killed off when Japan was bombed into the Stone Age?

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
@CalBear Does the US have single payer heathcare ITTL? You can't call it communism, because communism doesn't exist in the modern day outside of the rump USSR. It seems awfully fascist to have a private healthcare system that leaves millions without insurance and many thousand dead per year because of this. Then again, the unions could happily kill single-payer healthcare like OTL and the AMA could decry it as "socialized fascism". This makes no sense, but it could make sense to someone right-of-center. Calbear once said that Goldwater's presidency created a libertarian tinge to the Republican Party.

In regard to the UK, I can't see them not forming the NHS like OTL. It's in the Beveridge Report, after all. They probably would do it during the Warm War when Labour inevitably sweeps Churchill out of power in 1947.

Edit: Does Ted Fujita exist as Mr. Tornado ITTL? Or was he killed off when Japan was bombed into the Stone Age?
Health care got a LOT more important thanks to the witch's brew spread across Europe. Tax laws were at wartime levels for decades, so there is much less of a wealth disparity. The U.S. system isn't quite "single payer" but it does have a hard cap on how much any individual has to put out as a "co-pay" based on income. As a result there is a lot less "for Profit" medical systems and a lot more HMO/Non-profit systems.

One of the relatively few tax breaks that companies can use is writing off health insurance costs. As a result there are a lot of Employer Health systems (think the Auto Industry in OTL's 1970s).

Overall the system works quite well. There are "boutique" doctors/medical groups that cater to the upper crust, especially for things like cosmetic services or simply for people who like to "show" how much wealthier they are than the rest of folks, and would rather die than go to a Health System provider.

People don't go bankrupt because they get sick. Breaking Bad would be seen a really bad parody ATL.

Fujita didn't die. He also isn't a scientist. Civil engineer.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Hey @CalBear, what does the Chinese Navy look like by 2019 and what function does it serve?
Pure Brown Water. Heaviest unit is a couple DDG to support fast missile boats/gunboats/light frigates (e.g. OTL Krivak III, Neustrashimyy) plus some coastal SS/SSK. They act more or less as an over zealous Coast Guard/EEZ patrol. Decent OTL example would be the Iranian Navy.

Pure Brown Water. Heaviest unit is a couple DDG to support fast missile boats/gunboats/light frigates (e.g. OTL Krivak III, Neustrashimyy) plus some coastal SS/SSK. They act more or less as an over zealous Coast Guard/EEZ patrol. Decent OTL example would be the Iranian Navy.
I wonder if the China still claims the South China Sea as per the 1947 nine-dash line claim.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
CalBear can slap my wrist for this if he needs to, since it's in a gray zone, but in a TL where regular forceful intervention in the civilian economy is not just normalized, but ascends to even greater heights (those mass drivers ain't gonna pay for themselves)... I'm not seeing the conditions for a 2007-2008 crisis even getting off the ground. Glass-Steagall isn't going to be repealed (or even undermined), there's not going to be a free-for-all privatization/financialization spree in the A4, and a lot of the ideological pressures here are reversed; a lot of TTL's politicians are likely to point to the free-for-all rapaciousness of the Nazi state and say 'no Nazi economic fiefdoms' and point to the smoking crater of the Reich for emphasis.
That is mostly taken car of by the Tax Code. Folks can only get so rich (They can get to billionaire, but no one is going to see a 12 digit net worth, even 11 digit is extremely rare, and is not seen as a admirable trait).