Second Mexican Empire Survives! ( Ruthless Maximilian)

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, so please give me all your advice on how to go about doing this. I am very excited to talk about the Mexican Empire. There are few Points of Divergence that get this timeline going. In this timeline, Archduke Maximilian of Austria and Princess Charlotte of Belgium have a son, Archduke Franz Maximilian. In addition, Maximilian is exceptionally more conservative and not at all like his liberal OTL counterpart.

Due to his reactionay conservative nature, he supported the Confederate States of America. In addition, Britain and France both support the CSA for want a weaker US. Max also wanted access to Southern cotton and he wanted a weaker America. He promotes Catholicism and Nationalism above all else. He patronizes the old Aztec Empire and adopts the Aztec Eagle as his sigil. By showing his love for indigenous Mexico, he endears himself to the indigenous peoples. They particularly show unwavering loyalty to him. By 1870, liberalism in Mexico is crushed. The Confederacy wins the Civil War, but is weakened so it reluctantly joins the robust Mexican Empire for fear of Union absorption and abolition. Plantation owners are made members of the nobility and are given rank so long as they convert to Catholicism. Now, Maximilian's son Don Maximilian de Mexico y de Bélgica is a young man (25 in 1890) and is in need of a bride. Who should he marry? This will have great repercussions for the future in terms of diplomacy.

The Empire of Mexico is extremely anti-United States. As a result, France, Austria, and Mexico are one side while the United States, the United Kingdom, and Spain are on another side. These are the two predominant political alliances in the World at this time.

Please, once again give me your thoughts. I know this timeline has been done a lot, but what do you guys think the next logical thing will happen?

Wait you lost me at, white southern Protestants that speak English and hate difference join Mexico.

No way that would happen, he could however get some of it back after a failed war on their part and victorious on Mexico.

Like West Texas and if they include (Confederate) Arizona, that.

Wait you lost me at, white southern Protestants that speak English and hate difference join Mexico.

No way that would happen, he could however get some of it back after a failed war on their part and victorious on Mexico.

Like West Texas and if they include (Confederate) Arizona, that.

This. Also, Emperor Max was hardly a diehard reactionary; back in Austria he was actually looked down on for how liberal his views were, and the Conservatives in Mexico were quite vocal in their complaints about how he wasen't aligning with them nearly often or strongly enough. Change that nature as you suggest, and its HIGHLY unlikely he'll look like a good option to Nappy III who's own liberal bent (Though an enlightened despotism) or at least sentiment is quite well known.

Hardline promotion of the Aztec/native identity also flies quite in the face of the proudly Spainish-European identifying aristocracy and position of the Church/Catholicism and promoting regional identity and defused authority (by allowing the church and native groups to maintain their privlages) dosen't mesh with national centeralization and militarism, or quite frankly the industrialization that would generate a demand and desire for Southern cotton. This nation can also say farewell to any real immigration and would likely see mass emigration, so good luck with that economic growth. You're cramming a bunch of incompatible elements together