Yeah that's very true, unfortunately. Hopefully, the person I choose is a reasonable and interesting choice.The problem is that we could say the same for the others candidates, in any case i'm curious to see what candidate will be crowned.
This is the list of candidates I'm operating off of:How far down? Double digits?
1. Prince Louis of France, Duke of Nemours
2. Auguste de Beauharnais, Duke of Leuchtenberg
3. Archduke Charles of Austria, Duke of Teschen
4. Prince Charles Ferdinand of the Two Sicilies, Prince of Capua
5. Prince Otto of Bavaria
6. Prince John of Saxony
7. Prince Ferdinand of Savoy, Duke of Genoa
8. Prosper Louis, Duke of Arenberg
9. Count Felix de Merode
I included de Merode and the Duke of Arenberg because they were the native candidates, but technically de Merode refused to be considered because of his low standing and the Duke of Arenberg as far as I know didn't show any interest in the crown either. The Prince of Orange, William II, was also considered in OTL at one point as well, but he was later dropped due to his father's intransigence and continued hostility during the revolution. Leopold was also omitted because he is currently King of Greece ITTL.
Based on this list, and the status of several of the candidates, I'm sure some of you can figure out who becomes the King.