Political Parties of an 1848 German Empire?

In a world where a German Empire (sans Austria) was declared in 1848, what would be some of the likely political parties? Would Austria's seats simply subtracted, or will it be more complicated? Does anyone how many seats were to be in the Volkshaus?

I'm considering doing an election game based on this, if anyone's interested, feel free to PM.

A typical monarchists vs conservatives vs liberals vs radicals setup seems likely. Germany has had a lot of political parties since it unified I doubt that wouldn't be the case with one that unified earlier.

A typical monarchists vs conservatives vs liberals vs radicals setup seems likely. Germany has had a lot of political parties since it unified I doubt that wouldn't be the case with one that unified earlier.

I think this is a little simplistic; looking more like coalitions rather than parties. But it's very useful for general ideological themes that any individual group is likely to fit into. In addition, I'd imagine a few other groups with political interests organizing, including but not limited to.

1. The Ultramontanites
  2. Parties for federal structures, regionalism/particularism, or increased centralization
  3. An industrialist/commercial party and Agrarians
  4. Greater German Nationalists

As for exactly 1848, there's a German wikipedia entry which is can't Paste right now. 1848 was weird, and things would soon change.