• Post made for three hours last night (9pm-12am EST) have been deleted. This was necessary due to some problems with server maintenance. Anyone who had problems logging into their account during this time should be fine now.

Attachments

• 3EB030E7-660B-4E93-B367-A91FE3E5A8E5.png
    3EB030E7-660B-4E93-B367-A91FE3E5A8E5.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 98
Messieurs, Mesdames,
I have lurked silently for several months, admiring the high quality of the narrative and the well-reasoned, thought provoking discussions. Congratulations! Or, félicitations! I have no quibble with the content. I have noticed, though, a slight clumsiness in the use of French phrases. I am not, hélas, a francophone by birth, but I have loved and studied la belle langue since 1959. I am happy to assist with translation or offer suggested changes. For example, on the last page of Chapter 44, we find "le traison grand" for The Great Treason/Betrayal/Treachery. That should be la grande trahison.

Messieurs, Mesdames,
I have lurked silently for several months, admiring the high quality of the narrative and the well-reasoned, thought provoking discussions. Congratulations! Or, félicitations! I have no quibble with the content. I have noticed, though, a slight clumsiness in the use of French phrases. I am not, hélas, a francophone by birth, but I have loved and studied la belle langue since 1959. I am happy to assist with translation or offer suggested changes. For example, on the last page of Chapter 44, we find "le traison grand" for The Great Treason/Betrayal/Treachery. That should be la grande trahison.
Bonjour,
Je suis très content pour avez-vous avec nous et commenter dans mon travaille. Merci beaucoup pour ce! Avec plus de respect pour mon patrie, les Etats-Units, est-ce mon français donne-vous un indication que ma nationalité? ;) Je suis désolé pour mon boucherie de la belle langue- les langues ne sont pas facile pour moi et je suis moins un enfant (relativement que vous-- j'ai plus de respect pour un homme qui avait étudier la langue pour six décennies comme vous!) Quand vous regardez mes autres errors (et ils existent- je suis certain!), ce serait plus bien de vous de dis moi. Je voudrais correctioner-leurs immédiatement!

Merci beaucoup,
Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

Last edited:
Quick, translate that! The mods just assume the worst if someone reports untranslated foreign phrases since they're too lazy to just look it up and choose to impower report trolls instead!
Here it is:

Hello,
I am very happy to have you with us and to comment in my work. Thank you very much for this! With more respect for my homeland, the United States, does my French give you any indication that my nationality? ;) I'm sorry for my beautiful language butchery - languages are not easy for me and I'm less of a child (relatively than you - I have more respect for a man who had studied the language for six decades like you!) When you look at my other errors (and they exist - I'm sure!), it would be better for you to tell me. I would like to correct them immediately!

Thank you so much,
Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

Bonjour,
Je suis très content pour avez-vous avec nous et commenter dans mon travaille. Merci beaucoup pour ce! Avec plus de respect pour mon patrie, les Etats-Units, est-ce mon français donne-vous un indication que ma nationalité? ;) Je suis désolé pour mon boucherie de la belle langue- les langues ne sont pas facile pour moi et je suis moins un enfant (relativement que vous-- j'ai plus de respect pour un homme qui avait étudier la langue pour six décennies comme vous!) Quand vous regardez mes autres errors (et ils existent- je suis certain!), ce serait plus bien de vous de dis moi. Je voudrais correctioner-leurs immédiatement!

Merci beaucoup,
Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth
Bonjour!
Je suis bien content de t'avoir parmi nous et de recevoir tes commentaires sur mon travail. Merci beaucoup pour ça! Ayant tout respect pour ma patrie, les Étas-Unis, ma commande maigre du français n'indique-t-elle pas ma nationalité? ;) Je regrette mes boucheries de la belle langue --- les langues étrangères ne me viennent pas facilement. Et, de plus, je ne suis qu'un jeunot à côté d'un vieux marmot comme toi! Je respecte bien un type qui s'applique pendant six décennies à l'étude d'une langue (sans s'y perfectionner, quand même!) Lorsque vous découvrirez encore d'erreurs (il y en a --- j'en suis certain!), ayez le bonté de me les indiquer. Je voudrais bien les correctionner tout de suite!

Bonjour!
Je suis bien content de t'avoir parmi nous et de recevoir tes commentaires sur mon travail. Merci beaucoup pour ça! Ayant tout respect pour ma patrie, les Étas-Unis, ma commande maigre du français n'indique-t-elle pas ma nationalité? ;) Je regrette mes boucheries de la belle langue --- les langues étrangères ne me viennent pas facilement. Et, de plus, je ne suis qu'un jeunot à côté d'un vieux marmot comme toi! Je respecte bien un type qui s'applique pendant six décennies à l'étude d'une langue (sans s'y perfectionner, quand même!) Lorsque vous découvrirez encore d'erreurs (il y en a --- j'en suis certain!), ayez le bonté de me les indiquer. Je voudrais bien les correctionner tout de suite!
French as it should be.

My hat's off.

Guys-- today was unexpectedly hectic for me and so today's update will arrive either late today or sometime tomorrow. You'd be surprised how long it takes to format an update properly, give it one last line check, etc, and that's not something I want to do right now. So the Russian Civil War will commence in 24 hours.

In the meantime, here's something else, which answers a rather large elephant in the room:

Guys-- today was unexpectedly hectic for me and so today's update will arrive either late today or sometime tomorrow. You'd be surprised how long it takes to format an update properly, give it one last line check, etc, and that's not something I want to do right now. So the Russian Civil War will commence in 24 hours.

In the meantime, here's something else, which answers a rather large elephant in the room:
It’s fine, take all the time you need.

wietze

Kicked

take your time
Quality over quantity

the kansas flu well fuck poor America especially if a lot of the damage is in America
though i have a funny feeling that the us will never take its true place as the sole superpower of the world or even possibly just not a super power in general especially if they keep themselves to the America's.

it would be nice to see such a timeline where it just isn't assumed America will take the top spot. may not be one for screws but wouldn't mind a peg or two lost. though at this point you defo can't stop them from being an economic powerhouse or great power.