I don't see a WW2 where Italy does a massive switcharoo and backstabs Germany. They will either stay out entirely (less likely) or gang up on France to nab French Algeria and use the Pieds-Noirs as a starting point for Italian immigration. French Algeria is a MUCH softer target than anything that Danubia or the Ottomans have. Italy would pick an easy war over a hard one.

Overall, this is a great TL and I'm loving it. I am especially impressed in what has been done with the US with regards to their Mexican intervention, wasn't something I expected.

I don't see a WW2 where Italy does a massive switcharoo and backstabs Germany. They will either stay out entirely (less likely) or gang up on France to nab French Algeria and use the Pieds-Noirs as a starting point for Italian immigration. French Algeria is a MUCH softer target than anything that Danubia or the Ottomans have. Italy would pick an easy war over a hard one.

Overall, this is a great TL and I'm loving it. I am especially impressed in what has been done with the US with regards to their Mexican intervention, wasn't something I expected.
Well, I'm very glad you think so! Glad to have you aboard and hope you stay (love the username BTW).

With regards to Italy, you're likely right. Italian and German interests are in no way parallel (they often contradict), but I don't see Italy, even an Integralist Italy, going to war with Germany. Round 2 against France or neutrality are much more likely.

Glad you like Mexico- it's a little ahistorical but I think it's fun!

wasn't there something that he was not only hospitalised for that gas attack but also hysteria (something what nowadays would be classified as ptsd).
and i think he was sick in the head a lot earlier than that artschool event, some people are just born evil

Really doubt it, while young Hitler is often described as a somewhat but not unusual unpleasant person, he doesn’t really seem to have been anything special, he seems to have been intelligent but somewhat lazy, the few people who described him from before he got famous, seems to not have liked him but neither did they seem to have really disliked him, the only person he wasn’t related to, who seems to have liked him was his mother‘s Jewish doctor and Hitler seems to have liked the doctor too.

I think the whole “there’s nothing special about him” is a major reason why he have been mythologized as he have been. Mussolini, Stalin, Lenin and Trotsky were all something special from a young age, but Hitler was a simply a nobody until suddenly he was somebody, and there’s not really a good explanation for what allowed him to become somebody.

I personally lean toward Hitler being continued radicalized over his life and it worsen as he got surrounded by yes men and people who was even more radical than himself, and I think Hitler ending up in a different place will result in him being more moderate in his views.

Well, I'm very glad you think so! Glad to have you aboard and hope you stay (love the username BTW).

With regards to Italy, you're likely right. Italian and German interests are in no way parallel (they often contradict), but I don't see Italy, even an Integralist Italy, going to war with Germany. Round 2 against France or neutrality are much more likely.

Glad you like Mexico- it's a little ahistorical but I think it's fun!
Depending on how France ends up, the Pieds-Noirs may just let the Italians in if they don't think the central government cares about them or their interests. It'd be the final severing of the French Empire.

As to my name, thanks! I join the ranks of thousands of Byzanophiles on this site.

"The hobo who got addicted to QAnon" :D
I suppose that's possible-- I plan to have him join the army and fight in Danubia but it might be something for after that.
Considering that Dora Gerson was murdered at Auschwitz, I doubt he'd have much luck with her ITTL...
Come to VPL Central's internet cafe, it's less of a joke than you'd think it is. Many also like to scream at the Indians or Chinese for talking too loudly (at which point security drags them out) - without the German Army or some other "place to belong," I can see Adolf fitting right in.

Wouldn't a CP victory butterfly away the Nazis and the camps?

Last edited:
Come to VPL Central's internet cafe, it's less of a joke than you'd think it is. Many also like to scream at the Indians or Chinese for talking too loudly (at which point security drags them out) - without the German Army or some other "place to belong," I can see Adolf fitting right in.

Wouldn't a CP victory butterfly away the Nazis and the camps?
That sounds... like an experience.
Yes, but since Adolf is the sort of person who was obviously okay with murdering people like Dora in said camps, I doubt their personalities would be compatible.

World Map, 1917
This map reflects the world situation on 1 January 1917, following the Treaties of Dresden and Konigsberg, Japan's seizure of Indochina, and the Franco-Siamese War.
It is based off of Ulyanovsk's Europe 1918 basemap and Crazy Boris' 1914 basemap; both from the Historical QBAM Thread. All mistakes are mine.

(This took dreadfully long to get right!)
EDIT: Updated to include the retconned United Baltic Duchy
50810863437_b75e0d738c_k.jpg

Last edited:
I knew already, of course, but seeing Mittelafrika in visual terms really makes it clear why no one in Germany really cared for the loss of the Pacific colonies. That solid block of grey in Africa...the Pacific colonies would have been chump change in comparison.

That sounds... like an experience.
Yes, but since Adolf is the sort of person who was obviously okay with murdering people like Dora in said camps, I doubt their personalities would be compatible.
Depends on how mentally stable he is by 1918. Probably still a brilliant-but-lazy asshole in need of heavy therapy, but that's more Will Hunting than Arthur Fleck.

This map reflects the world situation on 1 January 1917, following the Treaties of Dresden and Konigsberg, Japan's seizure of Indochina, and the Franco-Siamese War.
It is based off of Ulyanovsk's Europe 1918 basemap and Crazy Boris' 1914 basemap; both from the Historical QBAM Thread. All mistakes are mine.

(This took dreadfully long to get right!)
50793812461_39e39ef38e_k.jpg
Looking at the map, the only thing stopping the Italians and Ottos from absolutely hating each other is ripe Entente territory that would be easier to take. Ottos have their eye on Oman and Italians on French Algeria. I feel like if Ottos play their cards right they could establish themselves as THE defender of Islam worldwide, which is what they tried to posture as during OTL WW1 but couldn't back it up with military success. Now they have that success, I hope the British are looking at them.

Looking at the map, the only thing stopping the Italians and Ottos from absolutely hating each other is ripe Entente territory that would be easier to take. Ottos have their eye on Oman and Italians on French Algeria. I feel like if Ottos play their cards right they could establish themselves as THE defender of Islam worldwide, which is what they tried to posture as during OTL WW1 but couldn't back it up with military success. Now they have that success, I hope the British are looking at them.
You are absolutely right. Constantinople would love to extend its influence into Libya, Egypt, Algeria, and even the Stans... time will tell whether or not they succeed...

Ya know, i just realized, if Germany ever takes the commerce raiding route again against Britain, their protectorate of Morocco makes for a pretty convenient location to base their Submarines, Cruisers and Scout Zeppelins

Ya know, i just realized, if Germany ever takes the commerce raiding route again against Britain, their protectorate of Morocco makes for a pretty convenient location to base their Submarines, Cruisers and Scout Zeppelins
Or Dar es Salaam, for that matter. Type-IX or better yet, Type-XXI U-Boats based from there could wreak havoc across the Indian Ocean.

Indeed- not to mention their concession in Dakar! A future Battle of the Atlantic will look very different.
Or Dar es Salaam, for that matter. Type-IX or better yet, Type-XXI U-Boats based from there could wreak havoc across the Indian Ocean.
Imagine what they could do if the Ottomans let them put a few in Kuwait!

I still think the area labeled Arrondissement Briey would be the most Germany would take from France. The border i'm seeing on your map just looks weird to me

Locator_map_of_Arrondissement_Briey_2019.png